January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next hours and days

ron-swanson-nick-offerman.gif

Last edited:
Base on the among of touches Royal had in previous games, we know that our rwb will have lots of possessions/space in the system we are playing. I remember we often deploy two players near him everytime we play Wolves. Davies mentioned how we discussed to stop him during a half time talk in one of those games. Teams cant afford not to man mark him. This will open up space for our front men.

I might be wrong. But I am excited about getting him. Situation abit like how the rest of the teams just watched Dembele joined us from Fulham for a relatively cheap fee. And like Dembele, a class dribbler with a great shield. Might not provide the best attacking stats, but improves the team's winning odds when he is playing.

I completely agree.

Someone said, probably half-joking, whether Kane could keep up when he goes flying away. The thing is, he doesn't need to (completely). Obviously things are more complicated in real time and in actual game play, but I imagine Conte is thinking something along these lines. If we win the ball and send Traore on his bike, then Son and Moura will be able to keep up. Most teams will want to double up on Traore, so the right-sided CB will come across; Son and Moura will make crossing runs; Son from the left flashing to the near pos, pulling the left-sided CB with him; Moura from the right running far post with his jumping ability and having only the left back to challenge him; Reguilon coming in behind Moura; and Kane arriving late for a cutback or second balls.

Traore, final ball product or not, just needs to not shank it for goal kick and not straight to the keeper, just into an area is fine. It'll be deadly. IN THEORY :contehmm:

If we win the ball and send Traore on his bike, then Son and Moura will be able to keep up. Most teams will want to double up on Traore, so the right-sided CB will come across; Son and Moura will make crossing runs; Son from the left flashing to the near pos, pulling the left-sided CB with him; Moura from the right running far post with his jumping ability and having only the left back to challenge him; Reguilon coming in behind Moura; and Kane arriving late for a cutback or second balls.
Exactly!
And Bergwijn can play that Son/ Moura role too as he showed vs Leicester.
Kane on the cut back is also dangerous, as he can not only shoot but deliver perfect through balls.

Defending this may turn out to be an absolute nightmare for the opposition.

Back
Top Bottom