January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Milenkovic 6ft5 Fiorentinas best defender left on the bench today.
But imo he’s just put 2 and 2 together and made 5.
The daily hotspur guy is not a bullshitter. He just posts rumours and news articles as and when they pop up. Rarely makes any claim of his own.

I believe him if he says something's happening.

It would be logical to sign something that would boost our chances to win the title, but not the likes of Kim Min-Jae or Sven Botman, which we can sign in the summer.

There's me hoping that we made contact to Alaba or Ramos, however.. Skriniar or Milenkovic at the least...

Angry Manchester United GIF by DAZN North America

If there's any truth to that rumour Milenkovic seems the most likely.

I've watched a good bit of him lately and think he probably has the makings of a top PL centre back. It's always hard to know if a guy used to playing in a back three can transition seamlessly, but apparently he played in the middle of a back four a good bit over the past few years. Quick, strong, MASSIVE, above average goal threat, loves a yellow card/fouls more than you'd like(!!), can play RB though never seen him there, good on the ball with very good forward/line break passing.

On balance I'd be very happy for us to sign a player of his age and attributes. Also plays on the right, with us being well stocked with Dier/Rodon on the left.

If there's any truth to that rumour Milenkovic seems the most likely.

I've watched a good bit of him lately and think he probably has the makings of a top PL centre back. It's always hard to know if a guy used to playing in a back three can transition seamlessly, but apparently he played in the middle of a back four a good bit over the past few years. Quick, strong, MASSIVE, above average goal threat, loves a yellow card/fouls more than you'd like(!!), can play RB though never seen him there, good on the ball with very good forward/line break passing.

On balance I'd be very happy for us to sign a player of his age and attributes. Also plays on the right, with us being well stocked with Dier/Rodon on the left.
depending on the price I'm definitely interested. Like you said, him and Rodon can now be groomed as the Sancez/Toby successors, and hopefully at least one of the two will step up as a starter.

If he's any good at 1v1 defending and passing, he should replace Toby.

depending on the price I'm definitely interested. Like you said, him and Rodon can now be groomed as the Sancez/Toby successors, and hopefully at least one of the two will step up as a starter.

If he's any good at 1v1 defending and passing, he should replace Toby.

Toby is not the CB we should be looking to replace.

There are is another starting CB that can't defend at all, set pieces, open play, practice drills, nothing. Just complete garbage player.
You're doing Dier a big diservice there. He's not world class, or even close but he's a fairly dependable header of the ball. More so than Toby, who is just too short, and can't jump.

You're doing Dier a big diservice there. He's not world class, or even close but he's a fairly dependable header of the ball. More so than Toby, who is just too short, and can't jump.

Being a good header of the ball means nothing when you are too dumb to read the flight of the ball and watch it go over your head to the wide open opponent that you left all alone in front of our net.

Between now and the summer I can see us going for 2 new centre backs. We’ve been linked with Milenkovic since circa October and now. He fits the bill in terms of contract running down, age, height, strength, pace, versatility, highly rated, all very good reasons to sign him but if we do then I would expect one more as AG and our other mouth pieces have all said JM wants a left sided centre back of which Milenkovic isn’t.

Being a good header of the ball means nothing when you are too dumb to read the flight of the ball and watch it go over your head to the wide open opponent that you left all alone in front of our net.
He's done that a few times, but Toby's done it a lot more, and often when he does get there he just gets dominated in the air by some fucking huge players.

Toby's the better overall defender, but those set pieces have cost us badly. I'm not saying get rid of Toby though, his replacement has to be able to do what he does + win headers.

Between now and the summer I can see us going for 2 new centre backs. We’ve been linked with Milenkovic since circa October and now. He fits the bill in terms of contract running down, age, height, strength, pace, versatility, highly rated, all very good reasons to sign him but if we do then I would expect one more as AG and our other mouth pieces have all said JM wants a left sided centre back of which Milenkovic isn’t.
I don't think we have the resources to have Rondon, Milenkovic and another CB while still having Toby and Dier in the squad, player who signed recent bumper contracts.

We need to buy a RB, a RW to at least compete with Bergwijn, and we need to either make vinicius permanent or find a different solution.

Don't know what to think of that tweet.
Daily Hostpur is a big account and has a reputation so surely he wouldn't make it up. But my gut feeling is its some sort of pun/joke.
I know Milenkovic rumours would make sense but no one else (reliable) has said anything so seems unlikely.

Experienced CB is top of the list. Top.
We have been so lucky with Toby and Eric's fitness but we ain't winning a goddam thing if Sanchez becomes 1st choice.
Tanganga/Rodon are the future not the present.

Back
Top Bottom