January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m having trouble adjusting to this new reality.

Is it not just that everyone is playing to such a low standard that he’s now just blending in with the crowd?

Hope he’s genuinely found a consistently high enough level to be an asset but remain unconvinced.

I’m having trouble adjusting to this new reality.

Is it not just that everyone is playing to such a low standard that he’s now just blending in with the crowd?

Hope he’s genuinely found a consistently high enough level to be an asset but remain unconvinced.
He has not made any mistakes, and his crossing has been very good, so the praising is more down to him stepping up and being actually good. I'm not confident in the slightest though that he will keep up this form, he's Serge Aurier after all. One bad tackle and everything goes back to shits.

Last edited:
I really like a good loan-to-buy strategy. Anything to break the loop of the late-Pochettino era in which all players required a minimum of two seasons before they begin to look comfortable in the team.

Look the business during their loan? Great, exercise that option.
Really didn't put it together in the time available to them? Great, ship them out and don't let their contract sit on the books for another 3 seasons.
A 15 million loan though? Make it five and I'm on board.

I guess we will see what both Levy and Jose are made of pretty shortly.

January is a shit time to buy. But we don't have a striker.

Said it so many times, it has undone us big time over the last 3 years.

Kane on the whole undeniably brilliant. But a lack of a better than Llorente option (despite the looks and the odd glorious moment) we have been woefully short.

The pain and absence continues.

qjz4a62.jpg

GLC is the replacement for Eriksen anyway.
Yup.

And Hakan is not a number 10 either way. He tend to play out on the left and drift in. Kind of like a reverse Lamela in that way.

And he has been absolutely woeful for about as long as Eriksen has been in his slip as well.

We will sign a striker. Not sure about the level, but we will. Who? Probably we will hear of him for the first time around Thursday, but maybe I am wrong and it will be be Piatek
I agree, I think it'll be Piatek. The player wants out, Milan are happy to sell and we want him. I think there will be a break through the closer it gets to deadline day.

Apart from that I don't see there being anyone else coming in unless a really good deal is put in front of Levy/JM. I expect there to be a lot more in the summer. This is no longer Poch's team, and his philosophy of a tight squad. JM will want his own players and his own marker put on the squad. I think that's why we aren't looking to spend big this month, we have plans for the summer which are bigger.

Would love us to go for someone like Raul Jimenez from Wolves, he'd be perfect to compliment and play instead of Kane. Would cost big bucks, but is everything Levy likes in a transfer.. Young enough to add sell on value, PL ready and is what Jose would like.

Praying today is the day we make GLC permanent. He has huge potential and will only get better. Wednesday proved he can be Eriksen's replacement, but is also capable of playing the CM role with his tracking back, tackling and reading of the game. £27m fee this month is a snip, especially as he's only 23.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom