January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like a good loan-to-buy strategy. Anything to break the loop of the late-Pochettino era in which all players required a minimum of two seasons before they begin to look comfortable in the team.

Look the business during their loan? Great, exercise that option.
Really didn't put it together in the time available to them? Great, ship them out and don't let their contract sit on the books for another 3 seasons.

We are all waiting on your scouting report on Diaz, Chief Convoluted Prose.
Got none. If DL is interested then I'm sure he's a hell of a player and our scouting department will have run the rule over him to be confident of his contribution to the cause. Whatever course of action or whichever player they choose will be the right decision I'm sure.

He looked busy and able last night but for the rumoured money I don't think he'll add what I'm looking for in a Spurs shirt.

He'll have a good career but I think we can do better and should hold off until we find that level. Atal/ Semedo levels for me with Ferguson or Bogle in as backup if we choose not to carry on with Serge.
Aarons will certainly be good but right now I'd take Serge ahead of him.

Liverpool on a completely different planet. To think we were better than them only a few seasons ago. If only our owners and board had the same ambition as the Liverpool lot, we might of been in their place. Shambles really the way our club operate in regards to the playing squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom