January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
C’mon, the cunt-offs are better than the transfer rumours - and patently more real.
Only took Arc to be in a bit of bother for the crew to assemble. Expect the rest will be in to complete in the morning.

giphy.gif

OK, fair do's, I said I had seen very little of him in terms of whole games, bits and bobs, and perused his stats, none of which suggest a player who gets heavily involved in build up, which is what I think we need. As far as being a journeyman, he'd had about 10 loans before they sold him for 6m, you'd think if he was great someone would have bought him for the low fee he would have cost?

Still 30m for 28yo back up number 9 ? You really think that's clever business? I guess his wages won't be too much.

Personally I'd much rather we bought a younger player, and preferably one that can play in other (or at least an other) positions too, that way he's going to bring more to the squad overall, will be easier to get games, meaning we get better value, whist also hopefully ending up with a player who's footballing and monetary value increases.
It was 6 loans and the first 4 were miss managed. Instead of loaning him to teams he would be 1st choice, he was loaned to big name teams in the division, who wanted him as back up for their main strikers. He then went to Zaragoza in 2nd tier Spain, which earned him a loan to newly promoted (to La Liga) Las Palmas, who I'm sure would have signed him if Real Sociedad hadn't given him a better option.

30m gets you sweet FA these days and reports are saying closer to 18m. I think back up striker is a definite area we need to invest in and a 28 y/o might be ideal for someone to take the pressure off Parrott whilst being old enough to not block his route to the 1st team.

Personally, I dont really care about their price increasing and 18m or so isn't that bigger investment in the current climate.

He can also play Dele's role and I think he could play wide forward in our system too, so wouldn't be just 1 position potentially.

What younger striker that is available would you prefer?

Arc and I are being nice to each other, but that Bazali cunt can fuck off. He’s pure evil and dim with it - the most dangerous type.
I do wonder how many other member's he's DM'ing ''warning them''.

Can you fathom the insecurity?

A stranger signs up anonymously to a Spurs forum and your first thought is the private message them saying ''watch out for these guys, they're baddddd news!'' as if people can't think for themselves.

Pitiful.

I do wonder how many other member's he's DM'ing ''warning them''.

Can you fathom the insecurity?

A stranger signs up anonymously to a Spurs forum and your first thought is the private message them saying ''watch out for these guys, they're baddddd news!'' as if people can't think for themselves.

Pitiful.
Even after all the shit we’ve thrown at each other I like Arc. He realises that it’s only the internet. Baz, on the other hand, takes it far too seriously. He’s very lonely and it’s his only way to communicate with other people, which makes it more surprising that he’s as nasty as he is. He’s more sheeplike than a Leicester Longwool.

Even after all the shit we’ve thrown at each other I like Arc. He realises that it’s only the internet. Baz, on the other hand, takes it far too seriously. He’s very lonely and it’s his only way to communicate with other people, which makes it more surprising that he’s as nasty as he is. He’s more sheeplike than a Leicester Longwool.
Reading what he wrote at 6:30pm on Xmas Day made me realise what an act he really does put on.

Are you incapable of dialogue without nastiness? I am familiar with your behavior that is why I tried to distill everything down to direct questions in order to avoid it. Surely you can see from this exchange that you have a problem?

And I did read your whole post which is how I recognized that none of my questions were answered.

So judging by your answers you were happy with the squad (save a ST) and the change but somehow didn't think it was good enough for Top 4? Why would you be happy with that? We had been Top 4 for 3 years running so how/why could your level of satisfaction/expectation fall below that? So you were happy with change that may secure 6th? Or is ambition being happy with change that sees us compete at the top of the league?

See, that last question is why folks like JT have a negative outlook (reality) about things. And banksheets don't factor in beyond things staying in the black. And some people recognize that enough business in and out hadn't occurred and ATM they seem to have a point. Why you feel the need to castigate them I don't understand.
This is where the term "entitled" comes from .... if we had been given a billion pounds in cash to spend over the last decade then we could match City and Chelsea, if we had made the same 1.5 billion more in revenue over the last twenty years, then we could match the spend Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich have made in that time ... but REALITY is that we didn't have either .... we've were at West Ham, Everton, Newcastle, Leeds, Sunderland levels until ENIC came along, and if you were around in the late nineties under Sugar we were sinking fast.

JT and now you it seems are upset that we haven't spent >500 million pounds that we didn't have on new players to match our top six rivals over the last decade ... where was that money supposed to have come from?

It's like earning 70k a year and driving a BMW but complaining that you don't have a Bentley ... we all know you need to earn "Bentley" level money before you can afford one .... that's just how life works.

We've literally just completed an 850 million pound project to enable us to compete on a near equal footing for the next twenty years ... and yet you still complain about the last twenty, why? Even if you had a valid argument you still can't change one thing ... so what's the point?

I admit to being antagonistic, suffering fools gladly that's never worked for me - stupidity, greed and entitlement can't put up with any of those traits ... never have and it's to late to change now.

I admit to being antagonistic, suffering fools gladly that's never worked for me - stupidity, greed and entitlement can't put up with any of those traits ... never have and it's to late to change now.
And I've presented you with none of that but attempted civil discourse yet you've still been that way. Right.

and yet you still complain about the last twenty, why? Even if you had a valid argument you still can't change one thing ... so what's the point?
I've not said anything about 20 years. I've talked about last summer. And you can't change anything either so why are you here complaining about those that complain? You could just ignore him, no? Seems we are on to something here.

JT and now you it seems are upset that we haven't spent >500 million pounds that we didn't have on new players to match our top six rivals over the last decade ... where was that money supposed to have come from?
I'll thank you not to put words into my mouth.

we've were at West Ham, Everton, Newcastle, Leeds, Sunderland levels until ENIC came along, and if you were around in the late nineties under Sugar we were sinking fast.
No one's talking about the Sugar days. Are you able to separate anything from JT? I am not him and my point is not his. I'm talking last summer and that's all I brought up.

And I brought it up because I wanted to get your take on it to see if you had it right...which you didn't. I probed for more answers but you conveniently avoid answering direct questions. But you had it wrong in the summer and look where we are now. And it could be argued that JT had it right in the summer. Thus, why do you feel emboldened to shout him down now?

And I've presented you with none of that but attempted civil discourse yet you've still been that way. Right.

I've not said anything about 20 years. I've talked about last summer. And you can't change anything either so why are you here complaining about those that complain? You could just ignore him, no? Seems we are on to something here.

I'll thank you not to put words into my mouth.

No one's talking about the Sugar days. Are you able to separate anything from JT? I am not him and my point is not his. I'm talking last summer and that's all I brought up.

And I brought it up because I wanted to get your take on it to see if you had it right...which you didn't. I probed for more answers but you conveniently avoid answering direct questions. But you had it wrong in the summer and look where we are now. And it could be argued that JT had it right in the summer. Thus, why do you feel emboldened to shout him down now?

OK let's put JT back in his bin ....

Your arguments are far more reasoned, I gave direct answers to all your questions #9818 did you miss that?

The point I was making is that what Poch/Levy did or didn't do in 2018 is moot ... the only thing that matters from the past going forward is that we have moved our income from mid-table 100m to a top six 500m over the last decade, that has a real and direct bearing on our future for generations. Fans, players, managers, even owners come and go, but the business - Tottenham Hotspur Football Club - will outlast us all.

My point, and why I rate ENIC and Levy as top drawer custodians of our club, is that they have taken actions that will ensure our future for decades, and that's their main job ... no doubt they've made a huge wedge doing it but there's no need for envy, success deserves reward ... on the pitch pretty much all that's missing is trophies, and of course trophies are huge, however over twenty years we have gone from meandering along in mid-table to regularly challenging top four and reaching our first ever Champions League Final. So we're going the right way, try and be positive.

Have their been mistakes? of course, recently giving Poch to much control, keeping players we 'like' when business dictated we should have got rid (Eriksen, Toby, Jan, Danny etc) not signing proven talent but trying to always 'grab a bargain' there is nothing wrong with being tough in the transfer market but sometimes you just have to pay the price, and indeed last summer we saw the first signs of us doing that ...

The endless harping on about who we didn't sign years ago? I simply don't get that ... hating Levy and ENIC for me that's just bordering on insane, if you were around for the thirty years prior to ENIC you will know just how much better almost everything about our club has become ...

Each to their own of course ... in my book glass half full is always better than glass half empty ... if you can get your head around that your life will be immeasurably happier, and not just with football.

Back on topic - January window is never that great far more bad buys than good ones, but like all of us signing a back-up Striker and a quality CDM would be fantastic - getting rid of the deadwood Eriksen / Danny / Wanyama / KWP would also be a positive step. This season still has legs FA Cup / CL / Top Four all still possible, and this summer should see yet more transfer records set ... we can but hope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom