January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think we'd concentrate on stumping up the cash for whatever we feel is the best of the bunch, althoughI know it probably wont happen that way:mourcry:

Depends on who else is bidding for which striker - Barcelona trying to replace injured Suarez, Chelsea trying to replace injured Abraham, ManU trying to replace injured Rashford etc

Situation ripe for false rumours for sellers to try to jack up selling price.

Could be an interesting game of poker to play in

I think we need to be patient and wait till the very last minute before posting "We tried" after we again fail to address what the moaners call "gaping holes in our squad"

After that, it would be helpful if someone could post a list of players who are out of contract, none of whom we will bring in either

I think we need to be patient and wait till the very last minute before posting "We tried" after we again fail to address what the moaners call "gaping holes in our squad"

After that, it would be helpful if someone could post a list of players who are out of contract, none of whom we will bring in either

Bale

—->

Capoue
Soldado
Paulinho
Chadli
Chiriches
Eriksen

——>

Lamela is the only man left standing from the Bale money. A bit sad really ... and if Bale does return this window then we are up one Eric Lamela on the deal, but arguably missed the best years of Bale.

interesting to compare this to Lollerpool’s fortunes since they sold Coutinho: arguably as big a sale as when Gareth left us. But the difference is that they reinvested the money on VVD, Mane and Allison and it transformed them. We got Bobby Soldier and Vlad....

:walkercry:

Bale

—->

Capoue
Soldado
Paulinho
Chadli
Chiriches
Eriksen

——>

Lamela is the only man left standing from the Bale money. A bit sad really ... and if Bale does return this window then we are up one Eric Lamela on the deal, but arguably missed the best years of Bale.

interesting to compare this to Lollerpool’s fortunes since they sold Coutinho: arguably as big a sale as when Gareth left us. But the difference is that they reinvested the money on VVD, Mane and Allison and it transformed them. We got Bobby Soldier and Vlad....

I take issue (not with you, rather broadly) with the idea that we disgraced ourselves with the Bale money.

The only genuine dud on that list was Chiriches, with Soldado being an excellent player who for reasons unbeknownst to human reason decided to turn into a donkey with us. Capoue and especially Chadli were average premier league players, Paulinho ended up at Barca and Erikesen was fantastic.

We fucked up with Eriksen's contract. Otherwise, we would have made that money back.

And Liverpool have purchased some ABSOLUTE FUCKING WANK players over the last decade. That they did a good job with VdV and Alisson doesn't automatically turn them into the lodestar for transfer activity.

In terms of status, I'd actually place Leicester's above theirs.

So, any idea when we might start addressing the issues in our squad? Like you know, DM.

Or are we just going to buy another winger who will have to compete with Son and Moura and then eventually realise the problem isn't our forward players, the problem is we have no midfield to speak of whatsoever?

And if the 3 man defence has taken over the role of a DM, why does literally no top side other than Inter play 3 at the back?
This is incorrect. Our supposed favored manager to replace Poch prefers 3 at the back and we will see it in our next CL game. BVB also plays 343 currently and since about October. Barcelona play 3 ATB.

giphy.gif

Bale

—->

Capoue
Soldado
Paulinho
Chadli
Chiriches
Eriksen

——>

I was always sorry to see Chadli go. I think that was a big mistake.

So, any idea when we might start addressing the issues in our squad? Like you know, DM.

Or are we just going to buy another winger who will have to compete with Son and Moura and then eventually realise the problem isn't our forward players, the problem is we have no midfield to speak of whatsoever?

Remind me again of what DM rumours moving to Spurs from credible sources have their been this TW ? Or last TW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom