January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the look of Bergwijn. We could use some more pace and tenacity out wide.
Does this feel like buying where we are already holding spades or part of a Jose Summer ramp up?
By being in spades I mean as in Bridge being the best suit not some Enoch Powell statement.

Sorry that I have to even qualify that statement.

Good thing about Jose he has the loyalty to the players here yet so ones under performing or haven't got the right attitude will be out.

When you think about it, none of us would retain any of Jose's proposed outgoing players including Foyth and after seeing LoCeslo light up the side, include Eriksen in that.

*Jose above anything else can spot a player with little future.

*Pass on De Bryune in that sentence....
:mourglasses:

Does this feel like buying where we are already holding spades or part of a Jose Summer ramp up?
By being in spades I mean as in Bridge being the best suit not some Enoch Powell statement.

Sorry that I have to even qualify that statement.
Don't think you did NEED to clarify, but the point is interesting. It feels like a long term planning, a preexisting target available so buy. Which I find very reassuring.

Lamela mentioned for the 1st time this window.

Pretty much yes.

Think with his injury record, and he's not got an elite goals/assists record for an AM, and passion isn't enough, so its just a question of whether he goes now or in the summer as 3 of our AM's (Lamela, Son, Moura - as was Eriksen) are around the same age, and probably time we started to shake things up a little so we don't need to replace them at the same time. And it frees up an overseas trained player place.

If he does go this summer I think we might see another AM as well as Bergwijn as we'll be a bit short of AM's...and once again its a question of whether we sign an HG player.

If Milan are happy to take Wanyama as well...……....icing on the cake !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom