January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need anything looked at except our back 4. It's what is letting us down.

Toby And Jan for me have checked out. Danny Rose the same and Aurier is a liability.

Sanchez should be our new heart in defence and we get another good centre back in. Real quality centre back ready to partnership Sanchez.
Sessegnon and Davies our 2 left backs? Will have to wait till he's fit again to be sure.

We clearly need a new right back. Aurier is not good enough, waker Peters not ready. Get a good right back who is maybe a bit older that can do the job for a few seasons until KWP is either ready or not.

Our defence is what's killing us.

We also need an on field captain. Hugo is just not the type to get the team going but only man I see doing this is Harry Winks
Agreed.

But there should be no waiting on KWP. He's simply not good enough. He's 23 nearly 24 and has had enough chances.

Get a quality RB in, get a quality CB in to partner Davidson AND get a quality LB in.

Aware I’m repeating myself here, but spend whatever it takes to get a strong DM to sit in front of the back four. Even play Sissoko there until we can get one in.

No idea who. I’m not a football scout. But I know we were at our best with a performing Dier or Vic there.

The next 2 windows we should be all over Valary from Southampton. Looks a really good prospect at right back.

Him, Fernandes and a proper defensive mid.

January transfer window🙄....... if we can’t acquire our targets over 3 months of the summer then I don’t think 30 days is gonna cut it......I’ll be amazed if any player of note arrives in January.

A new CB, RB and GK are needed as soon as possible. Also, need to get rid of players who don't want to be here/are pushing for a move away (Toby, Eriksen). Bad for the dressing room, wage bill etc. Need a small revolution in january, if we want to have any chance of salvaging this season.

Sessengon, Lo Celso and Ndombele would be amazing!!!

Come on Levy GET THE CHECKBOOK OUT!!!!!
Get it done and back Poch for once!!!!

Can’t imagine him spending 135M for them but it’s definitely what we need!!!!!

:harrylol::klinsmann::avbfacepalm:

January transfer window🙄....... if we can’t acquire our targets over 3 months of the summer then I don’t think 30 days is gonna cut it......I’ll be amazed if any player of note arrives in January.
Yeah, if we can just get 1 quality DM or RB it would be a massive boost

January transfer window🙄....... if we can’t acquire our targets over 3 months of the summer

Reportedly, we did tho.

(Yeh, I know; RB.... But we weren't even seriously inked with anyone.)

then I don’t think 30 days is gonna cut it......I’ll be amazed if any player of note arrives in January.

Hypothetically, irons could still be in the fire following the summer...

Dybala, Fernandez... Who knows....

Reportedly, we did tho.

(Yeh, I know; RB.... But we weren't even seriously inked with anyone.)

Hypothetically, irons could still be in the fire following the summer...

Dybala, Fernandez... Who knows....
I hear ya, but unless those irons are now a right back, a centre half (maybe 2) a left back (unless Ryan is the real deal) a defensive midfielder, a quality creative midfielder and a AM/Striker then those irons will burn long into next summer too.

I hear ya, but unless those irons are now a right back, a centre half (maybe 2) a left back (unless Ryan is the real deal) a defensive midfielder, a quality creative midfielder and a AM/Striker then those irons will burn long into next summer too.

Well no, we ain't getting all that done, but I don't think a couple of bodies would be out of the question.

For me the elephant in the room is just as much 'integration' as it is the buying aspect.

Biggest priority is dealing with the Eriksen/Toby/Jan/Rose/Wanyama/Aurier situation. Either sell them in January, or announce that they're leaving at end of season.

It's fooking ridiculous that practically half our starting XI from the CL run have basically stated they want to leave.

Now hold the fuck on.

When I asked why Lo Celso wasn’t playing and said Ndombele looks like a big fat Charlie Adam I was told that new signings need a year to settle.
And that Lo Celso couldn’t possibly start or play yet and Poch was right as he always fucking is.

Levy fucked up because Lo Celso had no pre season and no time to learn the tactics (haha good luck there) and the language and to know his team mates.

But here we are. And all of a sudden the same people want signings to come and save us in January.

Will these players now be able to learn the tactics in one hour?
Tea and biscuits at home with the whole squad in a day, English lessons on the plane, then come in, start straight away and transform the team?

Or are you hoping that by this time in 2021, they might have settled in?
Wankers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom