January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, thank goodness Fat Sam came in and rescued us when he did.

Some kind of weird twilight zone shit going on tonight...

Alex Meret
Nikola Milenkovic
Milan Skriniar
Dayot Upamecano
Sandro Tonali
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
Kai Havertz

Same names I put down in August.
Still want the lot. Perhaps Savic is unrealistic.

Fernandes has continued to rip apart teams for fun we should be after him and Dybala to replace Eriksen and Sissoko in the first XI.

A strong combative DM to partner Ndombele (Berge would be a good shout) and a RB can't really think of anyone who stands out to me other then Pereria (guy at Leciester) but he would cost a fortune. Max Aaron's was an option but he also would cost a fuck tonne as hasn't really done much at Norwich. CB we need to start giving Foyth and Sanchez more minutes to form a proper partnership as it's obvious the Belgian duo are finished at the highest level.

All together all unlikely to happen we won't spend big in January we never have or will. And out strike if there's a deal to be had (Moura).

I expect it to be a winter of selling players off cheap to get at least some money for them, then if the situation doesn't look to hopeless for top 4 we get in a couple fresh faces maybe a big name to try push us over the line. Like Woolwich with Aubameyang.

That said we don't get top 4 can't see us spending then either. So fingers crossed eh cause the worst we could do is needing to do a big rebuild without champs league. Especially when we had 2 seasons to get it done before hand.

But you understand it. Half of the team wants to leave. Shit results. The manager looks lost. We really need some good times

I accept we're in a worrying place; but convincing one's self that things are worse than they are won't lift the clouds...

Jah bless.

I really don’t think CB should even be near the priority. We need a DM to protect our CBs and either to play KWP or buy a RB. CB is third priority, tied with adding a CAM to replace Eriksen

Now hold the fuck on.

When I asked why Lo Celso wasn’t playing and said Ndombele looks like a big fat Charlie Adam I was told that new signings need a year to settle.
And that Lo Celso couldn’t possibly start or play yet and Poch was right as he always fucking is.

Levy fucked up because Lo Celso had no pre season and no time to learn the tactics (haha good luck there) and the language and to know his team mates.

But here we are. And all of a sudden the same people want signings to come and save us in January.

Will these players now be able to learn the tactics in one hour?
Tea and biscuits at home with the whole squad in a day, English lessons on the plane, then come in, start straight away and transform the team?

Or are you hoping that by this time in 2021, they might have settled in?
Wankers
Sammy, the confederacy of cunts on here are sinking in their own sea of contradiction. Our compass of loyalty to the club guides us at all times. Levy, Poch, Kane, ... nobody is bigger than the club to men like us, Sammy, and we never lose sight of it. These fucken cunts are bigger fans of Pochettino than they are Tottenham Hotspur.

Agreed.

But there should be no waiting on KWP. He's simply not good enough. He's 23 nearly 24 and has had enough chances.

Get a quality RB in, get a quality CB in to partner Davidson AND get a quality LB in.
You do forget hold old KWP is really. Will be a decent rb for the likes of watford or palace i tbink but yeah at that age hes not going to be good enough.

I really don’t think CB should even be near the priority. We need a DM to protect our CBs and either to play KWP or buy a RB. CB is third priority, tied with adding a CAM to replace Eriksen

Agreed, a DM must be priority, Dier and Wanyama looked finished and we look so open.

Whatever transfer budget we have must be on a DM and an RB. I know Foyth is coming back from injury and he was earmarked for the RB role but we really need to fix those positions.

After thinking about it all weekend I think he should stay, have crisis talks with Levy and the squad and get them back on it and together. It’s still early and we can turn it round, I still believe in him

doesn’t matter who we sign if poch is still in charge he will beast them in training until they Get injured, and then if they are fit play them out of position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom