January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The last thing we can do now is get rid of N'Koudou.

Not after the assist he got but in general, we are pretty much down to the bare bones now. I'm sure we can wait until the summer to get rid of him.

I get the feeling this is Daniel Levy right now. Lieutenant Dan Levy.

giphy.gif

I think Poch is telling key players to feign injury to make Levy sign players - only way to explain our horrid luck. Kane and Dele are fine.

giphy.gif

Problem is we’ll get that Hull lad, and bed him in til Christmas
But our predicament kind of needs someone to come in and hit the ground running to help push the team on and maintain top four, rather than bed the cunt in by playing him in a meaningless friendly game in the States during the summer otherwise what's the point.

Does he have a choice he can only keep pulling rabbits out of hats for so long he needs to be properly backed.

Poch has had £324M lavished on 21 signings in 4 years
Several of those, that we need now, he has chosen to isolate for years on end and one of them was the reason we won today.

Who knows how successful GKN, Llorente and Janssen would have been, if the manager hadnt just thrown them in the bin.

Surely we’ll have to respond to an Alli injury?

You’re probably right though.

Sissoko's injury wasn't as bad as feared and will probably be back soon. Until then, Dier will just come into central midfield and we'll push Eriksen further forward.

Lucas is back now too.

I’m not getting how all of the sudden these injuries suddenly means that we will now definitely need to buy someone. Even IF we were able to get someone who is a meaningful addition to the club, and IF Levy will pony up the money, Poch is not one to quickly give a new addition time right away. By the time they get here, get acclimated, spend a little time learning about the club, and our systems, a bunch of players may be back.

I don’t think these injuries change any transfer plans other than holding off clearing out some dead weight.

Back
Top Bottom