January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Id welcome the signing if the club deemed it fit.

On the flip side, what would you do? Slag off the club for backing the manager now?

Or claim that Poch didnt want Wilson and Levy, the guy not willing to spend big on players and back the manager......... is now spending big, above the managers head?

Probably, thats about the general level of logic around here
I'd slag off the club if it went out and put 70m towards a back-up striker. Would probably be one of the dumbest decisions ever. Wouldn't matter if Poch sanctioned it or whatever

I'd slag off the club if it went out and put 70m towards a back-up striker. Would probably be one of the dumbest decisions ever. Wouldn't matter if Poch sanctioned it or whatever

Yeah and then if he scores 12 goals between now and May and helps us lift a trophy, you’ll be all about the rotation next season.
That’s just you in a nutshell......

According to Lequipe Besiktas Istanbul wants N'Koudou for loan with purchase option. Tottenham wants to dispose of him.Do u think this transfer will take place? How much money Tottenham wants for N'Koudou?

Yeah and then if he scores 12 goals between now and May and helps us lift a trophy, you’ll be all about the rotation next season.
That’s just you in a nutshell......
Don't get your point. Money is very limited to us and 70m would probably be our entire budget. Would you want to blow that on a player who will never consistently start for us? What has happened to you

According to Lequipe Besiktas Istanbul wants N'Koudou for loan with purchase option. Tottenham wants to dispose of him.Do u think this transfer will take place? How much money Tottenham wants for N'Koudou?

Besiktas probably want to loan him so the contract is run down as far as possible - and even renew a loan so it runs out so they can get him for free.

Spurs want to get shot, but doubt if we get more than 10m euros, or maybe 15m euros tops - think he cost less than 20m ?. But just get rid of a problem,

These rumors of Erkisen to City make me sad, money is a big draw I get that, and City can provide that, but unless they went completely crazy on the wages front Barca or Real surly could satisfy Eriksens money needs? and a move there I could understand, as we all have to admit there is an appeal to joining one of those two, they both are just one of them clubs that tick all the boxes weather we like it or not....
But fucking City? Who are City? apart from the Gallagher brothers or a cast member from Coronation street, nobody, espically a young lad from Denmark every scribbled down on the back of his school jotter “I love City”
If young Eriksen ever ends up there (which I doubt he will) it can only be for the better chance of winning things before he starts his decline.
I get that, I really do, but what a shit message that sends out from our club, that one of best players hasn’t got the same confidence in winning thropies at Spurs as Pochettino or Levy has.....
We know it was a big part of Walkers decision, but we masked that to a certain degree by still improving as a team/squad.
If Eriksen is to go, it has to be abroad, and the money received injected straight back into his direct replacement (if there is such a player) No more dividing a big transfer check into 3 smaller portions.

Don't get your point. Money is very limited to us and 70m would probably be our entire budget. Would you want to blow that on a player who will never consistently start for us? What has happened to you

I havent said I want us to blow 70M on Wilson. I dont know what our budget is, so I assume if we spend it, we have it.
If the club deem the signing fit, then the club can afford the player and will not be abandoning their policy of not going into debt. If they sign him for 70M, it will be with a long term plan for the player.

I will support the player, and the decision. I would not support any signing that puts financial stability at risk (decision, the player I will of course get behind)

The club can spend as much as it wants of its own money. Ive never said otherwise.

So people who want Levy to spend big and back the manager would now slate the club, probably slate the new signing, and slate the decision to buy him, when the club does the thing they want it to.
Its basically boiling down to "do everything I want and only sign the exact players I want". Pretty idiotic.

I dont want a RB. If we sell Trippier and sign a RB though, I will support the new guy, not pine for Trippier, and back the managers decision.

You cant put your own wishes on the back burner, thats why you will never be happy supporting Spurs.
Your loss.

Last edited:
These rumors of Erkisen to City make me sad, money is a big draw I get that, and City can provide that, but unless they went completely crazy on the wages front Barca or Real surly could satisfy Eriksens money needs? and a move there I could understand, as we all have to admit there is an appeal to joining one of those two, they both are just one of them clubs that tick all the boxes weather we like it or not....
But fucking City? Who are City? apart from the Gallagher brothers or a cast member from Coronation street, nobody, espically a young lad from Denmark every scribbled down on the back of his school jotter “I love City”
If young Eriksen ever ends up there (which I doubt he will) it can only be for the better chance of winning things before he starts his decline.
I get that, I really do, but what a shit message that sends out from our club, that one of best players hasn’t got the same confidence in winning thropies at Spurs as Pochettino or Levy has.....
We know it was a big part of Walkers decision, but we masked that to a certain degree by still improving as a team/squad.
If Eriksen is to go, it has to be abroad, and the money received injected straight back into his direct replacement (if there is such a player) No more dividing a big transfer check into 3 smaller portions.

We now pay our top players pretty well.

Earning 7 to 10 millom pounds per season is fcuking good money unless you are super rich or another stratosphere in terms of being a footballer - 3 only deserve such amounts in the world in my opinion.

So if Eriksen leaves to go to City or another Prem team (and he might, because next summer we can't be playing silly buggers) then it's all about our strategy and that means he doesn't buy into it.

And that's the flaw in what Levy, presumably backed by Pochettino are missing. A high risk policy of wait wait wait.

We now pay our top players pretty well.

Earning 7 to 10 millom pounds per season is fcuking good money unless you are super rich or another stratosphere in terms of being a footballer - 3 only deserve such amounts in the world in my opinion.

So if Eriksen leaves to go to City or another Prem team (and he might, because next summer we can't be playing silly buggers) then it's all about our strategy and that means he doesn't buy into it.

And that's the flaw in what Levy, presumably backed by Pochettino are missing. A high risk policy of wait wait wait.
Thats the big flaw to fans like me being content with top 4 & the odd trophy. It means we have to hope our best players are happy not winning big trophies & lack ambition. It's all very well us saying top 4 this season is a success what with the stadium issues & injuries. But players like Eriksen might think another season going through the motions with no big trophy.

I havent said I want us to blow 70M on Wilson. I dont know what our budget is, so I assume if we spend it, we have it.
If the club deem the signing fit, then the club can afford the player and will not be abandoning their policy of not going into debt. If they sign him for 70M, it will be with a long term plan for the player.

I will support the player, and the decision. I would not support any signing that puts financial stability at risk (decision, the player I will of course get behind)

The club can spend as much as it wants of its own money. Ive never said otherwise.

So people who want Levy to spend big and back the manager would now slate the club, probably slate the new signing, and slate the decision to buy him, when the club does the thing they want it to.
Its basically boiling down to "do everything I want and only sign the exact players I want". Pretty idiotic.

I dont want a RB. If we sell Trippier and sign a RB though, I will support the new guy, not pine for Trippier, and back the managers decision.

You cant put your own wishes on the back burner, thats why you will never be happy supporting Spurs.
Your loss.
Just goes to show that over the past two years you've never understood what I've argued for

We are not signing anyone even if it means we miss out on top 4...which is very possible.. I don't believe the club's stance on this will change even when the stadium is fully played off, levy wants to say we are aiming to compete for trophies. But we all know that without investing and paying the going rate for top quality players, or even paying our players properly it's impossible.. it's just words that he says that anyone can see mean nothing.. we could still pay for players we earn hundreds of millions, the stadium will pay for itself over the next decade or so...levy just chooses not to, even Liverpool's yank owners get it.. and they love money too

We are not signing anyone even if it means we miss out on top 4...which is very possible.. I don't believe the club's stance on this will change even when the stadium is fully played off, levy wants to say we are aiming to compete for trophies. But we all know that without investing and paying the going rate for top quality players, or even paying our players properly it's impossible.. it's just words that he says that anyone can see mean nothing.. we could still pay for players we earn hundreds of millions, the stadium will pay for itself over the next decade or so...levy just chooses not to, even Liverpool's yank owners get it.. and they love money too

Spot on.
There fattening up the club to sell it. Indefinite austerity.
Not unlikes Woolwich’s management

Back
Top Bottom