January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

l think the point is we have the 6th best revenue stream but we spend net as the 20th .
(nobody is saying City/Chavs level)
Something is wrong when a Bournemouth can blow us away or a mid table 2nd tier can tells us to fuck off.

If we're scrabbling around in the bargain basement we could try to wazz in before Bayern and get Rabbi Matondo off City..

18, British, funky name, pacy, plays up front and on both wings, scored 6 in 11 for their U23s, out-of-contract next year, £10 million it says in the Soaraway Sun

5156.jpg

All the 'our current squad is sufficient' delusionists are rather quiet!

I've been going on since before the World Cup the need to re-inforce the squad. To challenge over four competitions you need to have a squad deep enough to ride out: loss of form, suspensions and injuries (and departures)

At the moment we're praying that Eriksen, Alderwiereld, Lloris, Vertonghen, Winks, Lucas, Dier don't get injured as we'll be forced to have academy players on the bench or probably playing.

Additionally to see us through this injury period, we're forced to flog Winks, Alderwiereld, Eriksen, Kane, Dele and Vertonghen by playing them in virtually every game.

The delusionists will point to us being third in the PL and still being in the cup competitions, and therefore everything is OK. This is a tribute to the manager and squad, but it doesn't help us over the next month when we're down to the bare bones. Do you really want to see Skipp, Sterling (as good prospects as they are) and N'koudou thrown in against Watford and Leicester?

Every summer window 2/3 new signings are needed to refresh the squad to ensure there is competition for places. At the moment there is none (except at GK and FBs). If you're fit, you play. The delusionists will point to the fact that there's no-one available, well that didn't stop the other 18 clubs from signing players. That's down to our scouting network. They also point out that "who will we sign to improve the team". The answer is that we're seeking to improve the squad depth, i.e. those that can challenge for first team places and cover injuries and suspensions.

It shows what a shocking waste last summer was - despite what the delusionists will have you believe. There's a part of me saying that we should have stumped up the £32m for Grealish!

Anyway on to the fascists tomorrow. A draw will do me and no more injuries please. I have my boots ready if needed.

Last edited:
The state of us when we are probably left hoping no more of our players get injured as opposed to the merits of a first addition in over a year.

Being 'brave' my backside.

Why do we keep doing this?
Poch said the decision to not sign anyone was a brave decision.
I posted it yesterday....it doesn’t just go away and become something else because you want it to

Do you reckon they'd have spent that if they were building a stadium like ours and had to pay for it?

This is pretty stupid! We don't buy players because we built a stadium!

Very highly paid people will have worked out (well I hope so anyway) that you need to do both (OK we need to be a bit cautious on player recruitment over the next few years, but we still need to reinforce the squad at every summer transfer window).

We can't have a state of the art stadium and play in the Championship.

Last edited:
Being linked Nikola Kalinić now from Atletico Madrid.

Also, Denis Suarez has been left out of the Barca team squad for tonight. He’d be a welcome addition.

Tottenham have given the green light for fringe winger Georges-Kevin N’Koudou to leave the club on loan this month as Besiktas hold talks over a potential loan-to-buy deal for the forward, according to Fanatik.

Tottenham have given the green light for fringe winger Georges-Kevin N’Koudou to leave the club on loan this month as Besiktas hold talks over a potential loan-to-buy deal for the forward, according to Fanatik.

Despair!

We're allowing a player with PL experience to leave in the middle of an injury crisis? OK, you can argue the merits (or otherwise) of GKN, but he does have PL minutes under his belt.

Let him go in the summer (and recall Onomah).

It makes you wonder if club management know what they're doing.

Being linked Nikola Kalinić now from Atletico Madrid.

Also, Denis Suarez has been left out of the Barca team squad for tonight. He’d be a welcome addition.
Kalinic, 31, slower than a wet Tuesday, shit at Blackburn, refused to come on as a sub in the World Cup, 4 in 18 for Atleti, 6 in 41 for Milan, swerve.

Back
Top Bottom