January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, when do we think Eriksen ruptures his cruciate?

Fucking football gods wear red.
You normally sit on the it's okay side of things.

The most demanding fan can understand injuries happen and to say this is a bad run of it is stating the fcuking obvious.

I think to do nothing now in the transfer market
I would say there's patchy and uncompelling evidence, not that there's none.

My honest opinion is that the stadium delays have caused a short-term cash crisis at the club, but we don't have the financial transparency to prove or disprove that at this point.

I think if Levy and Lewis would speak with utter honesty they'd say that it would have been so much better for their (very smart!) grand plan to have the Poch miracle arrive either two years sooner or two years later. The iron got white hot the moment the hammer was sent away for repairs.

Such as?

Levy said "the stadium won't directly impact on the transfer policy. There is a certain amount earmarked for transfers and the club can only spend what is available".

Is he lying?

Any excuse to post this:
bqzEgtu.jpg

Andy Carroll it is then
Yeah and if we signed him I’d get behind him and look forward to see what he can do for this club.
If he scores on his debut then he’s already done better than any of our strikers since Berbatov.

If they pull on our shirt, it’s day one for me.
You might prefer moaning, so enjoy that instead.

If anyone believes that shit, especially after the past 3-4 windows, then I think they're on meth. None of them can agree with each other and they're never right in the first place. Oh and the Muppets that do believe it also pay for the privilege for some idiotic reason. Absolutely mental.

They are the hardcore, true fans.

That's a totally reasonable thing to think mate, you might be right. The other fella called me stupid because I linked no signings to us building a stadium with hundreds of millions of other people's money.

You might be right. The obvious point to make though is that woolwich too probably did the right thing initially. They built a bloody big stadium and tightened the purse strings to make it happen. I'd suggest that both clubs don't/didn't have the capacity to build a stadium and then also match the spending of Utd, Liverpool and City to win the league BY SPENDING at the same time.

The difference is that we've kept Poch to this point and will hopefully back him in the near future, and he'll have the ability and tools to push on. Woolwich had an old frenchman in charge who couldn't then deliver after the stadium was build and the money did start coming in.

Regardless, some people ranting about lack of signings as if we're not undertaking one of the biggest building projects in London after Crossrail are retarded.
The biggest concern is keeping the manager in both the short and long term because if he feels that he can't progress any further due to not having access to the right quality of player he may leave.
Although we are led to believe that to date he has bought into the project at some point he could get frustrated and angle for a move to clubs that will support his ambitions.

The biggest concern is keeping the manager in both the short and long term because if he feels that he can't progress any further due to not having access to the right quality of player he may leave.
Although we are led to believe that to date he has bought into the project at some point he could get frustrated and angle for a move to clubs that will support his ambitions.

I completely agree. Not possible to disagree with what you've said.

The thing is, on this issue (Poch being happy/frustrated) we just don't know. The media love wanking off on this conversation because it sells. They get us all worried about it and increase the tension. But half of them are fucking stupid beyond belief, I'm thinking of the ex players now pundits. It is perfectly feasible that Poch really wants to be at a club with a project, where he can build something and be there for 20 years. Some managers want that, dream of that in fact. Millions of very good people stay at smaller companies and potentially earn earn slightly less than they might do in a bigger company if they believe in the long run they will be better off for it. This is very feasible with Poch. He might get on so well with Levy that they're saying to each other, let's do this until 2025 as a minimum, can't imagine not working together etc.

We just don't know, which is painful but it's extremely possible that our project is made for him and he feels that way.

Yes. Had a bit of a bad run recently! However I put that down to the scouting network and people's judgment. Only need to go a few years back and we picked up Dele, Eriksen, Trippier etc.

Yep and I see your point. I won't lie, I've said the same. Why don't we flesh out the squad a bit with some more young/cheap signings hoping that we find a gem or two... I agree. But perhaps the club feels that we really shouldn't spend the money, it isn't the right call. Even if it's 10mill. Let's face it, people like Maja at Sunderland, but that'd knock Kaziah Sterling back. Another CM and Skipp wouldn't be played etc.

Back
Top Bottom