January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is what I don't get about people lauding the Pulisic to Chelsea signing as an example of timely, helpful business that we should follow.

One, they wanted him in the summer and failed to get him. Hardly timely. And two, they don't have him this season. In a season where the scum and United look hot on their tails.

The January transfer window is generally a dud. Who, in their right mind, is going to let their superstars go halfway through a season with the kind of financial rewards on the line these days?

For me it's more about buying someone if Poch wants them, to reassure him there is money and to the other players that we have ambition. I'm not expecting a signing now to have a huge impact but it might give us another option from the bench later on in the season...

I do wonder if there are 'fringe' players available in January and more transfers will start to happen each January.

For me it's more about buying someone if Poch wants them, to reassure him there is money and to the other players that we have ambition. I'm not expecting a signing now to have a huge impact but it might give us another option from the bench later on in the season...

I do wonder if there are 'fringe' players available in January and more transfers will start to happen each January.
I'd rather Dembele stay for 6 months further than splash money on a fringe player tbh.

As for money, Poch has said he has none ''to spend'' as such. I'm sure if the right player comes up, like Lucas, we'll dip.

Are there maybe members of this forum who’s lives haven’t quite worked out how they should?

Asking the same question countless times. Searching through history to find posts to prove themselves correct over a stranger online.

We need a plague. Just enough to leave about fifty thousand of us. The rest of us deserve to die horribly. Almost a clean sweep.

Are there maybe members of this forum who’s lives haven’t quite worked out how they should?

Asking the same question countless times. Searching through history to find posts to prove themselves correct over a stranger online.

We need a plague. Just enough to leave about fifty thousand of us. The rest of us deserve to die horribly. Almost a clean sweep.
Says the geezer whose only contribution to this forum is moaning about other members.

Watch out for that big tumble from your high horse.

tenor.gif

I have received some ITK suggesting that we will be signing a French midfielder because Dembele to leave this month!

Back
Top Bottom