January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’ve shown (rightly or wrongly) with Llorente that a proven winner towards the end of their career is something we will consider. Personally not a fan of Milner but understand the argument.

I’m looking for the club to shown their teeth in this transfer window, to support poch, sure mostly for me but I’m figuring it will send a signal to the footballing world to back the fuck off.

If signing a player or two also shows desire and pushes CE to sign a new deal even better

Anyone signed now is more of a player for next season and could be the trend, blood them in now in prep for next... not the worst idea out there
This is what I don't get about people lauding the Pulisic to Chelsea signing as an example of timely, helpful business that we should follow.

One, they wanted him in the summer and failed to get him. Hardly timely. And two, they don't have him this season. In a season where the scum and United look hot on their tails.

The January transfer window is generally a dud. Who, in their right mind, is going to let their superstars go halfway through a season with the kind of financial rewards on the line these days?

This is what I don't get about people lauding the Pulisic to Chelsea signing as an example of timely, helpful business that we should follow.

One, they wanted him in the summer and failed to get him. Hardly timely. And two, they don't have him this season. In a season where the scum and United look hot on their tails.

The January transfer window is generally a dud. Who, in their right mind, is going to let their superstars go halfway through a season with the kind of financial rewards on the line these days?

Its pure speculation on their part (in preparation for inevitably losing Hazard in the Summer) as are most of their transfers.

Chelsea transfer policy - Spunk cash on any decent prospect, stop the opposition from improving, if they suit the league / incumbent manager than all good, if not they can rot on loan until their contract expires along with their careers.

'Top of the cocks' in the members only areas?

After a bit of a lull you're really racking em up lately.
Not sure it'll be enough to catch Totti though...
That's one of my less successful threads, so thanks for the promotion. Despite being a communist, I'm a firm believer in competition spurring greatness (although in this case it would be more accurate to say competition spurring tragedy)

“Expensive offer of PSG by De Jong and De Ligt ... more difficult for Barça trib.al/i5DoWTy He tells you @jfelixdiaz”

Would love either of them. Sadly fish bigger than us circling for them now

He's either a fantastic footballer or not. How does being free make him even better.
You sound like Daniel Levy himself. What a sad and shocking state for a fan to get into.
:disdain:
Supplementing the squad with a free player of Milner's quality means there is more money in the kitty to sign a superstar, whilst bolstering the squad with a tried and tested Prem legend. That's why ''especially for free''.

Do you have learning difficulties?

Rabiot would be free too, or would you rather spend £50m on him?

Last edited:
John not understanding that a free transfer of a good player is better than paying for a good player is hilarity squared.

Dear PSG,

I understand Rabiot is available for free, but I'd like to give you £50 million anyway.

Warmest regards,

John Thomas.

RB Leipzig CEO has stated that Timo Werner will be sold in the summer transfer window. The twenty-two year old is valued at £40M.

Would be smart.

Back
Top Bottom