January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Be interesting to see if we pull off any surprises tomorrow.

Doubt it but seems odd to let Llorente go (regardless of how shit he’s been in the last couple of outings) with nothing coming in. Unless they think Moura can cover Kane?

Be interesting to see if we pull off any surprises tomorrow.

Doubt it but seems odd to let Llorente go (regardless of how shit he’s been in the last couple of outings) with nothing coming in. Unless they think Moura can cover Kane?

It'll be Son covering Kane.

Think we will sign Moura and that's it which I'm totally fine about. Didn't think we would do any business this window tbh so bringing in a fast paced direct attacking mid in January has made me happy. At least if we don't make top 4 I can actually see that we did everything possible in January to do so which isn't usually the case with us.

Not getting the Jay Rodriguez love. I know he’s had a shocker of an injury, but that’s meant he’s only played a couple of decent games in two years.

If we sell Llorente, I’d imagine plan B would be Son who will be under pressure from Moura anyway.

Moura plays right wing, no?

Moura is going to be the end of Lamela, and the occasionally bizarre "wait, is Sissoko really playing right wing?"

I don't think it's the end of Lamela at all. Having Lamela as a back up who can play both left, right and centre is a great player to have in the squad and means we finally have a decent back up for Eriksen if he's ever fully fit.

I know Janssen didn't set the world on fire for us. But man what a bummer if he has to retire in his early 20s because of an injury.

Personally thought he had promise... the same people saying give Sissoko time should have given this fella the same. He put in a shift and showed glimpses of his potential. Was sad to see him go, could have been ok with all our games this year. Another one who came with big promise but wasn't given time. We either sign these youngsters knowing they will need time or we got for old experienced legs and expensive players. Can't have it all

Back
Top Bottom