January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a fool if he goes there.

Will either stagnate as a player under Wenger or spend the last two years of his contract making puppy dog eyes at bigger clubs and clawing at the walls if he actually plays up to his price tag.

The French league really needs to get over their love affair with Wenger and Woolwich.

French league players, still think Woolwich is the same side as they were 15 years ago. Not realised how shite they’ve become. They get there and discover Wenger has turned into a dinosaur.

Honestly can't believe all the pouting over the Brazilian kid who's spent 23 months in France, never been called up to the full international team, and will cost £45M. No one knew who the fuck he was in the summer...I think, somehow, we'll survive. :pochfacepalm:

And if he actually does turn out to be top drawer then he wont be staying at Woolwich for long. As proved many times (and is happening right now with Sanchez)

Ey?

What kind of reasoning is that? Ousmane Dembele spent 12 months in France, had never been called up to the full international team yet signed for Dortmund (instead of us) for a high fee as we decided against signing him (A spurs fan too).

What about Leroy Sane, who spent a similar time in the Bundesliga, had never been called up to the full international team, only to then go on and sign for Man City for £37,000,000 when we thought £20,000,000 was too much for him.

The people who have seen him. ( Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb ) have seen how talented he is. The tact that Woolwich still have the ability to sign talented players like this when they're not even in the Champions League and we need a player in that mould is frustrating to many.

Of course we'll survive - but when we're crying out for certain players and players that could help us push to the next level, why waste so much time?
The main point is, literally no one has heard of him. No one has ever mentioned him before, which is quite amazing as there must be 2,000 player names that people want to sign mentioned on this forums transfer threads over the years. Until last week or two not one mention, now people are crying, why? because some no-mark French jorno (also never heard of) links us on Twitter.

Please do me a fucking favour. One minute people want a World Class player, next minute people crying about a bloke they've never heard of, let alone seen play a single minute of football. But when we are linked with an up and coming player in the Championship same people get all shitty that we are shopping in the wrong store, as if the Championship is worse that Ligue 1, COULDN'T MAKE IT UP.

Fuck it let’s just sign Leandro Damiao and watch him fail in the PL. must be quite attainable and let’s face it not really set the clubs he’s been at alight since we were linked 5 years ago!

Ah, The legendary Brazilian Yellow Yeti! Still not seen scientific evidence proving his existence, yet the conspiracy websites still abound claiming he is real! I remain a skeptic, yet watch this space with interest every transfer window...maybe one day...

Fuck it let’s just sign Leandro Damiao and watch him fail in the PL. must be quite attainable and let’s face it not really set the clubs he’s been at alight since we were linked 5 years ago!

Ah, The legendary Brazilian Yellow Yeti! Still not seen scientific evidence proving his existence, yet the conspiracy websites still abound claiming he is real! I remain a skeptic, yet watch this space with interest every transfer window...maybe one day...
Meant to quote that the first time, I’m crap at the internet

My 15th cousin from Uganda is a decent player.
He's 86 years old, 4 ft 7 and has HIV.
He's only got 1 leg but I reckon he'd be good back up for Kane. Cheap too.

As an alternative theory, maybe Poch has seen a youth player who he wants to blood in to GKN's berth?

Agreed...

images

Here's the problem with all this back the manager shite....Poch has repeatedly said he's happy about the way things are, said today that almost all the rumours since he's arrived at Spurs are bullshit, and that getting the right player in January is very difficult/expensive. There's no hint, anywhere, that there's a rift between Levy and Poch, or that Poch isn't getting the players he wants.

So, at least be honest and say that you want Levy to make a signing to appease you. Poch seems rather content.

As far as you rating Levy as "competent"....fucking Christ, find perspective. The club was circling the drain when he arrived, now people like you contend, nearly annually, that the only difference between us and the title is a January signing. Whilst finishing up construction on the best training facility and stadium combo in the country, and perhaps the world. That's a fucking MASSIVE leap - one that no other club in the entire world has made. So fuck off with your competency designation.

Gotta agree.

As much as a cunt Jose is, he made sense today when he said that spending big on a January signing will make no difference to the PL race this season.

As much as i hate the cunt, i have to agree with him.

Back
Top Bottom