January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cuntybollocks is getting started early...

Just watched some YouTube vids. He's 100% a direct replacement for Lamela. If we sign him Lamela may go the other way as part of the deal or be loaned or sold somewhere else. He's like a faster version of Lamela with a superior ball striking ability. Like Lamela, he does tend to drift in from the right but does sometimes use the space outside to get a right footed cross in - his right looks decent, not excellent, whereas as Lamela's is practically non existent. I know it upsets some fans but it does appear Poch is looking for an upgrade on Erik. Sessegnon also falls into that category. Man Utd also seem interested but they'd surely have to shift one of Martial or Rashford first, and a young player should think twice about going to a Mourinho team, given his track record with them. I think this rumour could have some legs to it.

Last edited:
Just watched some YouTube vids. He's 100% a direct replacement for Lamela. If we sign him Lamela may go the other way as part of the deal or be loaned or sold somewhere else. He's like a faster version of Lamela with a superior ball striking ability. Like Lamela, he does tend to drift in from the right but does sometimes use the space outside to get a right footed cross in - his right looks decent, not excellent, whereas as Lamela's is practically non existent. I know it upsets some fans but it does appear Poch is looking for an upgrade on Erik. Sessegnon also falls into that category. Man Utd also seem interested but they'd surely have to shift one of Martial or Rashford first, and a young player should think twice about going to a Mourinho team, given his track record with them. I think this rumour could have some legs to it.
Because all those signs you picked up on......all 150 of them, over the last year that Lamela will never wear the shirt again, were correct

Because all those signs you picked up on......all 150 of them, over the last year that Lamela will never wear the shirt again, were correct

If we'd have signed Sessegnon and Lamela hadn't taken so ridiculously long to get fit again, we'd have shipped him out in the Summer, so he just had a stay of execution. I will absolutely categorically state now that if we buy either Malcolm or Sessegnon, then Lamela will be told he has no future here, whether he decides to see out his contract or agree to a move cannot be predicted.

If we'd have signed Sessegnon and Lamela hadn't taken so ridiculously long to get fit again, we'd have shipped him out in the Summer, so he just had a stay of execution. I will absolutely categorically state now that if we buy either Malcolm or Sessegnon, then Lamela will be told he has no future here, whether he decides to see out his contract or agree to a move cannot be predicted.

Sessengon is a full back and if we sign him won't be used as an AM across the front line.
Poch stuck with Lamela through terrible form at first, and then a year long injury and he is back in the first team set up, featuring weekly.
He has surpassed Onomah, Nkoudou, Janssen and Llorente already in a few weeks of game time and you are dreaming g if you think Poch doesn't want him here.

Sessengon is a full back and if we sign him won't be used as an AM across the front line.
Poch stuck with Lamela through terrible form at first, and then a year long injury and he is back in the first team set up, featuring weekly.
He has surpassed Onomah, Nkoudou, Janssen and Llorente already in a few weeks of game time and you are dreaming g if you think Poch doesn't want him here.

If we'd have signed Berahino, Lamela would have gone to Marseille on loan with option to buy, and he's never given Lamela a contract personally, and he's also constantly bought potential replacements such as N'jie, Sissoko and GKN but none has really done the business, though Sissoko has started to become a useful player and he's in front of Lamela, and he won't take Llorente's place either. Saying he's ahead of Ononmah and GKN, who'll probably be shipped out as well, isn't saying much. We want competition for the likes of Dele, Son and Eriksen, which Lamela isn't able to provide.

Sessegnon does not pay full back for Fulham, he plays as a wide forward/midfielder. Seriously, if I gave you a straight choice of either Sessegnon or especially Malcom instead of Lamela, are you seriously saying you'd prefer Lamela? A player who's reached his ceiling and is injury prone, to two players with massive potential, with Malcom already outperforming him and Sessegnon with potential to in a short amount of time? And then there's the possibility of Barkley coming as well.

If we’d signed Messi, we may have sold Lamela too. But we didn’t.

You are boring. Very boring.

If we’d signed Messi, we may have sold Lamela too. But we didn’t.

You are boring. Very boring.

Well, that's bit stupid really because we didn't put in multiple bids in for Messi, have a public fall out with Barcelona's chairman and Messi didn't take to Twitter and say he'd never play for them again. Lamela was on his way to Marseille, that's a fact, but Poch pulled the plug because we didn't get Berahino. So he has never seen him as integral to his plans in the same way Kane, Dele and Eriksen are. The guy is absolutely available to buy this window if we can bring in a replacement, I absolutely assure you of this.

Well, that's bit stupid really because we didn't put in multiple bids in for Messi, have a public fall out with Barcelona's chairman and Messi didn't take to Twitter and say he'd never play for them again. Lamela was on his way to Marseille, that's a fact, but Poch pulled the plug because we didn't get Berahino. So he has never seen him as integral to his plans in the same way Kane, Dele and Eriksen are. The guy is absolutely available to buy this window if we can bring in a replacement, I absolutely assure you of this.
Yeah. Facts and assurances. You are real top table. I’m convinced. I really am.

You'll get disagrees for this but if a player like Malcolm is a priority then it obviously spells bad news for Lamela , I dont mind Lamela but he hasn't set the world alight in 4 and a half years and just doesn't influence games in the same way the 3 behind Kane do , I don't get why it's such a crime on here if you don't see Lamela as irreplaceable?

You'll get disagrees for this but if a player like Malcolm is a priority then it obviously spells bad news for Lamela , I dont mind Lamela but he hasn't set the world alight in 4 and a half years and just doesn't influence games in the same way the 3 behind Kane do , I don't get why it's such a crime on here if you don't see Lamela as irreplaceable?

It's always been the case with Lamela. He's like a little a bird with a broken wing that some people feel protective of. They'll abuse Eriksen, Dele, Sissoko etc when they don't have a great game, but they won't have a word said against him. Poch isn't so sentimental.

He is replaceable. Saying so is no crime. Neither is going on about it in every single post. I just appear to have a low tolerance for people who post nothing but one opinion over and over again. Maybe it’s just me that gets irritated, I don’t know.

Honestly not that impressed by Malcom but have only seen highlight videos, have read online that he is more of a wide tricky playmaker too which is what we do need.

This guy is highly rated by alot of clubs, so doubt we get him, but I thought the same about Davinson too.

Back
Top Bottom