January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Players can talk plenty of shit, but if he was offered the move, he'd be a liar if he said it wasn't tempting.
I remember Alan Smith being interviewed on Soccer AM and he was asked if there was any team he'd never play for (he was at Leeds at the time) and he said Man United. He was a Man U player within a couple of years.

Players can talk plenty of shit, but if he was offered the move, he'd be a liar if he said it wasn't tempting.
I remember Alan Smith being interviewed on Soccer AM and he was asked if there was any team he'd never play for (he was at Leeds at the time) and he said Man United. He was a Man U player within a couple of years.

Na. Mahrez can get fucked. Plays Billy Big bollocks when his team have a freak season and then wants to come to us because Leicester are still shit? Let him go to Woolwich. Except even they would rather sign Malcolm than Mahrez.

Dele's a cunt too but that doesn't worry anyone.
That said I don't want Mahrez, he'll be very overpriced given Europe is in reach for Leicester this season.

Dele is a cunt. But he's never once bad mouthed the club or any clubs he may play for in the future. I'm opposed to signing any player who has openly talked shit about us to any media source.

FFS please ensure he goes to a club which plays on the deck. Pritchard to West Brom, for instance, was just crazy. Wolves, Bristol City, Sheff Utd, Fulham? Rowett gets results at Derby (and did so at Brum before the most ridiculous managerial firing in living memory), but I don't know what sort they play.
Send him to Fulham. Doesn't have to move cities and easy to send staff to home games to see how he is doing.

My younger brother is a Fulham fan so I would be able to ask his opinion on him then as well.

Last edited:
Absolutely love these signings

I don't disagree, but at some point whether any of us agree entirely or not the "building for the future" has to come to an end and "winning now" begins. I am all for having a hungry, young squad of talent but at some point it has to deliver.

Sure we are showing excellent signs of progress, and we all know that we have the best team in decades playing some wonderful football but there comes a time when we have to say to Poch and Levy, show me the silverware.

I do think that if we end up being the one top 6 team outside of City who fails to buy a player who can improve the current starting eleven it will be shocking.

We have shown this season, apart from the Liverpool win that we fall short against the top 6 especially away from base.

To think this will improve and not have a bearing on the much desired top is more of the arrogance and complacency that I think punctuated our season start.

I don't disagree, but at some point whether any of us agree entirely or not the "building for the future" has to come to an end and "winning now" begins. I am all for having a hungry, young squad of talent but at some point it has to deliver.

Sure we are showing excellent signs of progress, and we all know that we have the best team in decades playing some wonderful football but there comes a time when we have to say to Poch and Levy, show me the silverware.
These signings don't get in the way of bigger ones

I do think that if we end up being the one top 6 team outside of City who fails to buy a player who can improve the current starting eleven it will be shocking.

We have shown this season, apart from the Liverpool win that we fall short against the top 6 especially away from base.

To think this will improve and not have a bearing on the much desired top is more of the arrogance and complacency that I think punctuated our season start.

What if we sign no one and still finish top 4? Is that the club being astute and showing faith in the squad or just getting lucky?

This needs less shock and emotion and a bit more faith in what we have. Just to remind you we have the best striker in the league, in Son one of the most in form players, three very strong centre backs, a good spine to work around.

Put the panic to one side, if we don't sign someone, life will go on and we'll make the best of it, like we did last season. This is not me being arrogant, we have a squad and a manager who are demonstrably capable.

The claim of complacency and arrogance is a little bit wide of the mark in my opinion. We struggled with Wembley and the absence of Victor, I don't think mentality had much to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom