January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Mcginn is a fat useless bastard.

Isn't McGinn just the Scottish Diego "The Sock" ...or that other transfer rumour of a player who didn't even exist
(I wanna say Jimmy Dong, or King Kong... but can't quite remember!)

I think McGinn has become a running joke now... and I don't even know if he can run!

....and so it begins;
EXCLUSIVE: Mauricio Pochettino in line to replace Luis Enrique at Barcelona
Barcelona join Real Madrid in chase for Spurs star Dele Alli

From such reliable luminaries as the Daily Fart and the Daily Shitter, I'm not too worried... but you know how these stories gather pace, and before you know it, everyone is being sold, and we're left with a midfield of Sissoko and Tommy Carroll!
At least in your vision we'll have moved Onomah along. Pretty nice scenario if you ask me. Small price to pay if it means losing Useless Josh

At least in your vision we'll have moved Onomah along. Pretty nice scenario if you ask me. Small price to pay if it means losing Useless Josh

No no... I said midfield! In my scenario, Josh stays, it's just that after we've sold Kane to 'his boyhood club ArseAnal' we need someone to play up top... that's where Super Josh come in!!
Whaddaya think i'm ker-azyyyy??
:pochshock::pocheyes:

....and so it begins;

From such reliable luminaries as the Daily Fart and the Daily Shitter, I'm not too worried... but you know how these stories gather pace, and before you know it, everyone is being sold, and we're left with a midfield of Sissoko and Tommy Carroll!
Poch to Barca never gonna happen because of his past with Espanyol

....and so it begins;

Begins? Poch has been linked with a move away for the past two years. Kane's been linked every month for 30 months to Utd, at least the record changed this week as it's now apparently an auction between *insert Chinese club* Madrid and Barca, include Alli to the auction. Trippier is going to West Ham, big Sam is buying Davies and Lloris is of to PSG or is it Madrid for the 10th time. Son is going back to Germany a long with Wimmer, Toby hasn't confirmed a new deal so therefore is 110% off to the worlds Eliete, dispite of courses forgetting the new deals we tied down the other players too but they don't count as it's Tottenham. Rose is off to Chelsea, but he may have changed his mind as the allure of both the Manchester clubs to to good to ignore. Walker to Chelsea and let's not forget Dier also on his way out to Bayern Munich or again Chelsea (because they did take Willian from us, so it must be true). Lamela is currently crippled in Italy so without any doubt he is off to Roma or Inter. He can get discount on a fight if he buys in bulk with Erikssen when he finally signs for Juve (god Levy drives a hard bargain it's taken 3yrs of constant negotiations to get that over the line). McDermott is off to Utd.

Throughout all this it's Vertonghen I most feel sorry for, he has been completely abandoned by the club with only Wanyama to play his favorite board games with. It's a desperate situation I tell ya, desperate.

Lol, can't believe people are writing off one of our most talented youth players after a few performances. He's fucking 19 for goodness' sake. What is wrong with you? Winks only really started having a role in the team this season and he's older yet none of us were writing him off? If edwards doesn't score a cuntstomper after 15 senior appearances at 19 are we going to piss him off as well? The fact that josh makes cameos at 18 and 19 shows that poch thinks he's good enough. Jesus

But he doesn't, does he?
Onomah is timid and has so far failed to take any opportunity. The boy does not have what it takes. I hope I'm wrong.

So, I'm against the dregs of English youth 'talent' clogging up our squad, what's your problem?
Going by youth watchers he's one of the best players to come through our academy in recent times and City also tried to poach him. Not going to take the opinion of some scottish sausage seriously when it's obvious it has an agenda

After what we've seen with Winks, I have high hopes for Onomah, Oduwa and Edwards!!

Little Tommy Carroll is fast becoming the new Alex Pritchard (who I never wanted to see leave tbh)

We do have a habit of producing the 'almost but not quite' lightweight Midfielders... destined to end up at mid-table Prem or Championship clubs like Norwich (with whom we have historical links)

Carroll, Pritchard, Mason, Livermore, Bentaleb (kind of) even going back to Paul Moran, Mark Robson and Vinny Samways... but it doesn't stop there... remember Guy Butters and John Polston in defence? (actually, come to think of it, Guy Butters really reminds me of Eric Dier - in looks only - I've only just made the connection!)

I'm going off topic now, I realise!

I guess the upshot of it is, is that we have an incredible Youth system/Academy set-up... and we produce LOTS and LOTS of players... some will make it, some won't. It's the law of averages that some will be bang average, and maybe one or two (Winks... Edwards??) will have the potential to one day become First team regulars!

Anyone know anything about Bernardeschi of Fiorentina? Apparantly we're rumoured to be after him. 22 years old, has scored 9 of Fiorentina's 28 goals this season. Listed as M(CLR) on whoscored.com, and has the highest rating in the team there.
I had missed this question.
I can reply quite well of course.

Berna has been our "next big thing" for a couple of years now. His breakout year was last season, but curiously enough it happened when coach used him out of position. He's a trequartista or a winger. Instead, Sousa used him as the RWB in his 3-4-2-1. It was like asking Son to play like Walker, to give a reference. The kid showed a great workrate while maintaining his offensive flair. Everyone praised his effort etc and it even earned him a callup by Conte at Euro 2016.
However, it was quite evident that he would have been a lot more dangerous if played in his actual position.
Finally, since a couple of months Sousa has switched to a 4231 and Berna plays either RW or CAM and he's truly showing his worth. Creative, with a great shot, good vision and playmaking and also always looking to make a difference with the ball at his feet.
Now everyone hails him as the next great 10 of Italy and rumours are going around of a contract renewal with Fiorentina with a 100 mln buyout clause. He's also a Florence local so you can guess the hype.

After what we've seen with Winks, I have high hopes for Onomah, Oduwa and Edwards!!

Little Tommy Carroll is fast becoming the new Alex Pritchard (who I never wanted to see leave tbh)

We do have a habit of producing the 'almost but not quite' lightweight Midfielders... destined to end up at mid-table Prem or Championship clubs like Norwich (with whom we have historical links)

Carroll, Pritchard, Mason, Livermore, Bentaleb (kind of) even going back to Paul Moran, Mark Robson and Vinny Samways... but it doesn't stop there... remember Guy Butters and John Polston in defence? (actually, come to think of it, Guy Butters really reminds me of Eric Dier - in looks only - I've only just made the connection!)

I'm going off topic now, I realise!

I guess the upshot of it is, is that we have an incredible Youth system/Academy set-up... and we produce LOTS and LOTS of players... some will make it, some won't. It's the law of averages that some will be bang average, and maybe one or two (Winks... Edwards??) will have the potential to one day become First team regulars!
I'm looking forward to seeing more of Oduwa and Edwards- I thought Oduwa was mint at Rangers.

Winks looks excellent so far.

But Onomah has shown me that he is fucken terrible. A stain on our club. A threat to our prosperity.

Just my opinion based on the appearances he has made for us so far. Nobody says, hey Sausage, look how good he was against (insert opponent). Never. Folk just say: oh but I've heard he's highly regarded.

The Emperor has new clothes, I've heard they are lovely. They must be lovely

I have nothing against young talent being linked with Tottenham. It's laughable to think that someones who's been half-decent in the scottish 2nd tier is good enough for Tottenham, doubt he'd even cut it in the Championship
He had Christian Eriksen in his back pocket on his international debut where he won man of the match, you stupid cunt

Back
Top Bottom