January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aubameyang chose Dortmund over us 4 years ago, and it was down to Levy trying to push as hard as he could. According to Aubameyang, that really turned him off, and he's vowed never to play for us, ever, as a result.

So, sadly, that is one option that will have to stay in your FM/FIFA saves.

I might not have been paying attention, but isn't he more hype than ability?

Like that dangercunt that Southampton bought who has mostly been anonymous (Bouffal?), Mangala, Zouma etc.

I might not have been paying attention, but isn't he more hype than ability?

Like that dangercunt that Southampton bought who has mostly been anonymous (Bouffal?), Mangala, Zouma etc.
He's scored at Kane's rate or better per 90, for the last 4 years, and for the last 2 has been 0.8-1.0 non-penalty goals per 90 in the Bundesliga and Champion's League.

Believe any hype you hear.

Last edited:
Danny Murphy, of whom many on here compliment on his insight, writes in the Standard today of Sissoko not yet matching his lofty transfer fee which we would all be happy to accept.

In the same article he says our ovrr reliance on Kane and Alli for goals will hinder us.

Now he is not the only authority that matters but his is the view of many pundits

Our team is stuff full of quality and yet we just get stuck in the quagmire

Like losing the best CB in the country for 3 months? Like losing our other CB who's in the top 5 in the country for 2 months? Like losing one of our most creative players for 3 months? Like loosing the best LB in the country once already this season? Like losing Dier, Alli, Son & Dembele for at least 3 games? Like losing the golden boot winner for 7 weeks already in the season?

Thank god we we didn't lose any of the above this season, i wonder what would have happened to us if this would have happened, doubt we would have coped at all to be honest.

Last edited:
But to what end? Summer bid?

It's not like we could give Leicester worse form.
:eriksenlol:

If there is any truth in the rumours of Lamela wanting to leave and go back to Argentina Mahrez would be an ideal replacement. I don't feel like he's as good technically as Lamela, but he is faster and a slightly better dribbler. I could see the deal happening if we sell Lamela. The only other player I could think of would be the likes of Candreva who would probably cost us just as much but have just as many teething problems as Erik and he also is over the age limit of 26 that we seem to have set ourselves.

If there is any truth in the rumours of Lamela wanting to leave and go back to Argentina Mahrez would be an ideal replacement. I don't feel like he's as good technically as Lamela, but he is faster and a slightly better dribbler. I could see the deal happening if we sell Lamela. The only other player I could think of would be the likes of Candreva who would probably cost us just as much but have just as many teething problems as Erik and he also is over the age limit of 26 that we seem to have set ourselves.
Mahrez could be an excellent signing (plus the big boys may have cooled on him after last year).

Should just bid for Mahrez and once it's accepted by Leicester and Mahrez is all excited about joining a real club, we should just pull out of the deal and laugh at him.

Not going to lie...i was gutted to see Man City sign Jesus. I bought him for us on fifa 17 way before they did. I also got him for alot less than what they paid.

It's off topic, but given that you're talking about Scottish football here I thought I'd ask. As an Australian I'm interested to know what your opinion is of Tom Rogic? After struggling initially with injury he seems to have come into his own over the last two seasons. From what I understand the Celtic fans love him now.
Fine game for him today

Back
Top Bottom