January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was pants enough to score against us, Liverpool and Woolwich last season and Chelsea at the weekend.

I don't necessarily think he's good enough to improve our first XI so for that reason I wouldn't bother as I expect he wouldn't be cheap, but its not a completely daft suggestion. Fits the bill too being young, hungry and with a good work ethic.

Dont be silly its only our young players who are worth it.

So a former player of Kaa Gent dropped a bomb today, claiming that our main attacker Depoitre will be signing for Spurs in January. No idea where he gets that from and everyone is doing their very best to deny but as one of my best friends works for Kaa Gent (and is the general managers son) i decided to test the rumour. He said that Spurs have been scouting him intensively since last january but no offer or contact has been made.

No idea if he would cut it in the EPL but for us he's been immense, fast, powerful, scores relatively easy and works harder then any striker i've ever seen.

For once i hope this rumour is false because we need him a lot more at Gent than Spurs will ever will.

But if it happens i will know it first (he promised me that if one day a Gent player goes to Spurs he'll give me the scoop ... thinking it would never happen). He's also the one who fills in the online transfer details so i will know for sure if it happens.

So a former player of Kaa Gent dropped a bomb today, claiming that our main attacker Depoitre will be signing for Spurs in January. No idea where he gets that from and everyone is doing their very best to deny but as one of my best friends works for Kaa Gent (and is the general managers son) i decided to test the rumour. He said that Spurs have been scouting him intensively since last january but no offer or contact has been made.

No idea if he would cut it in the EPL but for us he's been immense, fast, powerful, scores relatively easy and works harder then any striker i've ever seen.

For once i hope this rumour is false because we need him a lot more at Gent than Spurs will ever will.

But if it happens i will know it first (he promised me that if one day a Gent player goes to Spurs he'll give me the scoop ... thinking it would never happen). He's also the one who fills in the online transfer details so i will know for sure if it happens.
Is Sven Kums any good? I want us to sign him..well, because I'm very childish :pritchardeyes:

Is Sven Kums any good? I want us to sign him..well, because I'm very childish :pritchardeyes:
He's a ruler at the moment, destroyed Bruges almost all by himself yesterday and was awesome against Zenit and Lyon too. Got his first call for the Belgian NT this week but i think he lacks the physical presence to perform in the EPL, he would be perfect for Italy (he plays like a more mobile version of Pirlo). He's one of the most intelligent players i've seen too, he makes football look so easy. Natural playmaker but too old and too lightweight for the EPL.

Last edited:
Been watching quite a lot of Bundesliga football. Such an entertaining league. Anyways I have been hugely impressed with Yunus Malli from Mainz. He is a #10 I believe he already has 6 goals and an assist this season. 23 years old just picked to represent Turkey even though he had previously featured for Germany U-21. Seems like a player who we would be looking at.

Been watching quite a lot of Bundesliga football. Such an entertaining league. Anyways I have been hugely impressed with Yunus Malli from Mainz. He is a #10 I believe he already has 6 goals and an assist this season. 23 years old just picked to represent Turkey even though he had previously featured for Germany U-21. Seems like a player who we would be looking at.
Flavour of the month :) but from what i've seen he'll be flavour of the year too , agree about Bundesliga being entertaining. Noisy crowds, talented players and a lot of Gun Ho tactics being used.

Flavour of the month :) but from what i've seen he'll be flavour of the year too , agree about Bundesliga being entertaining. Noisy crowds, talented players and a lot of Gun Ho tactics being used.
Honestly this is the first year I have followed it closely but to me almost every match I have seen is very open. Aside from when some smaller teams are playing Bayern, it really is a breathe of fresh air to see two teams going at each other from the start. Just compared to us at Spurs we aren't even typically one of the top 2 or 3 sides but almost everyone we face outside the top 4 or 5 just parks the bus and tries to hit us on the counter.

The atmosphere is incredible, flags waving and singing throughout every match is a joy to watch.

Honestly this is the first year I have followed it closely but to me almost every match I have seen is very open. Aside from when some smaller teams are playing Bayern, it really is a breathe of fresh air to see two teams going at each other from the start. Just compared to us at Spurs we aren't even typically one of the top 2 or 3 sides but almost everyone we face outside the top 4 or 5 just parks the bus and tries to hit us on the counter.

The atmosphere is incredible, flags waving and singing throughout every match is a joy to watch.

How do you put up with the fox sports broadcasting? The football is great, but the FSN product makes my eyes and ears bleed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom