January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we go for him, Townsend will most probably be off. Sounds good to me. I still want Breel Embolo as a striker though.
Wolfsburg has a €25m bid immediately rejected in the summer, so will take some fee to pry him from Basel.

Barcelona's buy-back clauses are fucking criminal. No thank you.
I can understand it though, given the time and resources they put into their younger lads.

F'kin hate that club though. Stoke are living proof that, in general, if Barca are letting someone they're probably not good enough.

I can understand it though, given the time and resources they put into their younger lads.

F'kin hate that club though. Stoke are living proof that, in general, if Barca are letting someone they're probably not good enough.
Are they though, at this point?

Their dominant side was mostly forged from academy prospects, but from my perspective they've been reluctant to interfere with that squad in recent years. Recently a lot of their talented prospects have waited for years on the sidelines without really being given a chance to develop and grow into the first team. Then they finally leave and Barca basically shoe-horns a criminal and non-negotiable buy-back clause for squat millions just in case they blow up at their new club and are the next hot thing.

No idea who the hell this guy, let alone if he's any good.

Obviously not the most viable source of information, but they put their work in and have people scouting players. But he's pretty highly rated in FM. I bought him last year and he becomes a very, very good player.

Having said all that, FM said Bale wouldn't ever be world class and they also never truly rated Kane. So what do they know?

Wolfsburg has a €25m bid immediately rejected in the summer, so will take some fee to pry him from Basel.

FYI €25m is £18m, considering we paid £22m for Son it isn't out of the question.

I think we only need a striker. We have depth everywhere else.

Perez or Austin would be ideal choices personally.

If we were to look for some more depth then I'd love to see Nathan Redmond given a shot with us. I've been to watch the England u21s play and my brother is a Birmingham fan, Redmond is class and could be massive. I think he's already above Townsend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom