January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't work for us, but come on the man was never a cunt.
Youre right I was being harsh. Arcy is quite a nice bloke really...

cute,bulldog,funny,puppy,swing,animals-f6cbde9e7c162d96a691f7df70241b6d_h.jpg

Youre right I was being harsh. Arcy is quite a nice bloke really...

cute,bulldog,funny,puppy,swing,animals-f6cbde9e7c162d96a691f7df70241b6d_h.jpg
ArcspacE, Today at 7:00 AM
pleb said:
Wage rates are pretty low in Port Elizabeth @ArcspacE
Fuck you

Fuck off you tragic waste of human genetic material. WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU to knock me for how I earn my bread? You fucking scum-bag piece of shit. I hold 2 cum-laude degrees including a Masters and make a good living as a professional in my field. Don't fucking judge me and don't ever knock me for what I do for a living. Me or anyone else for that matter. Meet me face to face first and then say it, instead of hiding behind the keyboard
like a little coward

Who THE FUCK ARE YOU by the way, you faceless dick-cheese mong - come forward and reveal yourself - for what you do for a living - first before you wanna knock others. Fucking prick.

• Funny x 1

Its quite interesting how people can be conned on this site by others who really present as nothing but complete guttersnipes encouraged by other prominent site members!

ArcspacE, Today at 7:00 AM
pleb said:
Wage rates are pretty low in Port Elizabeth @ArcspacE
Fuck you

Fuck off you tragic waste of human genetic material. WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU to knock me for how I earn my bread? You fucking scum-bag piece of shit. I hold 2 cum-laude degrees including a Masters and make a good living as a professional in my field. Don't fucking judge me and don't ever knock me for what I do for a living. Me or anyone else for that matter. Meet me face to face first and then say it, instead of hiding behind the keyboard
like a little coward

Who THE FUCK ARE YOU by the way, you faceless dick-cheese mong - come forward and reveal yourself - for what you do for a living - first before you wanna knock others. Fucking prick.

• Funny x 1

Its quite interesting how people can be conned on this site by others who really present as nothing but complete guttersnipes encouraged by other prominent site members!

I don't think he needs any encouragement. Can't you see he loves you really? That was tongue in cheek.

Is he someone who would fit into the squad and would Poch still want him?

I think we've got too many midfielders as it is, at this point.

Mason, Bentaleb, Dier, Dembele, Caroll, Winks?

Who out of those would leave. Mason or Caroll? Seems a bit harsh,

Is he someone who would fit into the squad and would Poch still want him?

Depends on what we achieve this season...

For me, he's a very good backup to have for Dier specifically. If we were to qualify for the CL this season (touch every piece of wood nearby) then I think we'd need someone like him to rotate with Dier while maintaining a strong squad.

Edit: Kante at Leicester would probably be perfect - but I don't think we'd be able to pry him away from the looks of it. How's Kramer looking at the moment? (I know we were linked with him before)

I'd welcome Wanyama for the right price. Not the £15,000,000 that was banded about in the summer.

Especially considering you can get the likes of Kante for £5,000,000 and less.

I was a fan of Wanyama but i'd pass now (especially on the price Southampton would want) Would i want him ahead of Dembele or Dier? no (i don't even think i would want him ahead of Benteleb).

I'd take Wanyama in a heartbeat as a like for like with Dier. 15 Million isn't bad, he's a quality player, better than the 18m Imbula. I remember watching him destroy Barca in the Champions League when he played for Celtic. Did anyone else watch that game? Or was there little interest outside of Scotland and Barcelona?

I'd take Wanyama in a heartbeat as a like for like with Dier. 15 Million isn't bad, he's a quality player, better than the 18m Imbula. I remember watching him destroy Barca in the Champions League when he played for Celtic. Did anyone else watch that game? Or was there little interest outside of Scotland and Barcelona?

Where's Scotland?

I saw it. Remember Wanyama, as he was highly regarded and received a lot of praise both before and after the match.

I'm not a fan of buying expensive, established players as backup, though. Backup should be young, hungry, willing to sit on the bench, and ready to give it their all in training and when given the chance in a match.

I saw it. Remember Wanyama, as he was highly regarded and received a lot of praise both before and after the match.

I'm not a fan of buying expensive, established players as backup, though. Backup should be young, hungry, willing to sit on the bench, and ready to give it their all in training and when given the chance in a match.

Na. We need good solid backup for the champions league I feel. And 15 isn't a lot for a player of victors quality.

Na. We need good solid backup for the champions league I feel. And 15 isn't a lot for a player of victors quality.

He's definately quality. But one of the things that has brought us the current success is the lack of established quality, and the trust in our younglings. I still hope Bentaleb can step up and show that he has improved from some impressive performances the first one and a half seasons he played for us. If he's to do that, he can't be too far down the picking order. I also think Mason and Carroll will and should feature. I'm not convinced Wanyama is good enough for us to move one of the others out.

He's definately quality. But one of the things that has brought us the current success is the lack of established quality, and the trust in our younglings. I still hope Bentaleb can step up and show that he has improved from some impressive performances the first one and a half seasons he played for us. If he's to do that, he can't be too far down the picking order. I also think Mason and Carroll will and should feature. I'm not convinced Wanyama is good enough for us to move one of the others out.

We'll need to disagree then. I love Carroll and mason. Do I think they are the quality we need in the champions league? Probably not.

For me, we sell Carroll and we move mason into a squad role if he wants it. That's just how I feel though.

We'll need to disagree then. I love Carroll and mason. Do I think they are the quality we need in the champions league? Probably not.

For me, we sell Carroll and we move mason into a squad role if he wants it. That's just how I feel though.

They are two of our own, they are two of our own, Mason and Carroll, they are two of our own.

I hear what you're saying, I can see what you mean. I say screw feelings if they can't cut it as well. But imo both can be excellent.

I think I may have a tendency to overrate individuals that play for Spurs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom