January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you watch Lennon now you're thinking back to the Lennon that took people on and was a genuine threat. That was 4-5 years ago. He has 45 assists in 10 years at the club. 4 a season? Just highlights his end product was never any good. But at least he used to get into good positions to waste crosses. Now he doesn't even get into those positions.
He wasnt bad when he came on against Hull in November.

My Portugal club, Porto, just bought portuguese Zaha, but way worst ofc, for 4M and LOANED 3 players to them, 2 of them very good young prospects and one older player, and the release clause of the guy was 5M. I'm in tears :wall::avbfacepalm:

c'mon Levy, make my night better.

Ladies and gentleman. MAy I present to you

Aron, "no end product", "cant beat a man", "rubbish after 2009" Lennon.....

And one of the happiest moments of my life.

http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/49965/AC-Milan-vs-Tottenham-0-1-Goal-Highlights-15-2-2011/

I could post videos of Adebayor banging them in last season or Kaboul being class at centre back and even at right back. You want to keep them as well?

Like I've said, he used to be great and I loved him as a player. But he's not good enough now. There's no room for sentimentality I'm afraid, and that's why he's gone. And it's only a loan anyway.

Ladies and gentleman. MAy I present to you

Aron, "no end product", "cant beat a man", "rubbish after 2009" Lennon.....

And one of the happiest moments of my life.

http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/49965/AC-Milan-vs-Tottenham-0-1-Goal-Highlights-15-2-2011/
It's Definatley a strange one as far as Lennon is concerned. To be frozen out like he was, in my opinion, he must of sacrificed, or at least, tried to sacrifice One of Levy's fluffer's. Just does not make sense.

I could post videos of Adebayor banging them in last season or Kaboul being class at centre back and even at right back. You want to keep them as well?

Like I've said, he used to be great and I loved him as a player. But he's not good enough now. There's no room for sentimentality I'm afraid, and that's why he's gone. And it's only a loan anyway.

That was three years ago, nothing changed....he got pushed out because we paid a shit load for "potential" who is completely wrong for the premier league.

All that glitters aint gold mate and yeah he wasn't the most likable character but hi IS a fucking good player.

Im genuinely gutted.

The bloke with the biggest cock in the league will be back. #aaronthethirdleg

The bald headed accountant had to fuck this up . . .:pochfacepalm:

Can we please stop acting like everything that is said by some pundit of rumor monger with "sources close to the club" know all of the details and facts on every dealing? 90% of the time they are wrong, just terribly wrong, yet every time that one of their talking points provides people with an opening to criticize Levy or ENIC, all of the sudden they are a 100% reliable source.

These dealings are complex and it isn't always a matter of Levy fucking things up. Maybe it was...gasp...a bad fucking deal for us, so he was a responsible Chairman and didn't go through with it.

That was three years ago, nothing changed....he got pushed out because we paid a shit load for "potential" who is completely wrong for the premier league.

All that glitters aint gold mate and yeah he wasn't the most likable character but hi IS a fucking good player.

Im genuinely gutted.

Wasn't it the 2010-2011 season?

Lamela barely played last season and didn't Townsend take his place anyway? Lamela isn't the reason Lennon is going. When Lamela doesn't play, Lennon doesn't either.

What has that got to do with it?

Lamela doesn't have to be as good as Lennon used to be for it to be the right decision. Lennon isn't half the player he used to be. I specifically said I'd love to have the 2009 Lennon, but we don't. Is Lamela better than Lennon now? Yes, I think so. And clearly so does Pochettino seeing as Lennon hasn't been used for months.
You can't compare them "now", because Lennon hasn't had a look in. All you can use is Stats, I would imagine that Given like for like stats Lennon would be be head and shoulders ahead of Lamela. Having said that, I take on board your argument, I just don't agree with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom