January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamela takes people on, he scores goals on a more frequent basis. He is 22 (I think) years old, so his best football is in front of him. He is a natural right winger, and is also able to play in other positions. I'm not saying he's a world beater but he could become a great player. Lennon never will now.

Lennon had a 1 in ten ratio for the club...not great.....Lamela has scored one goal in 20 league games....

Yup, Im an idiot. Please explain to me why Im an idiot....because I genuinely don't get it.
Anyone can tell from watching our games that he doesn't offer enough. I always liked him but it's the right move.
I also used to defend him a lot, I used look down at the internet fans who hated on players like JD and Lennon- who both were loved by the fans who went to games etc.
At one point Lennon was impossible to catch, he had to be fouled.
But now he needs to move on, whether it is injuries or confidence he stalled and regressed.

What can Lamela offer?
He can track back just like Lennon does BUT he's better at tackling too.
He beats players more than Lennon does who seems to shy to do it anymore (Lamela ranked high in successful dribbles)
He's getting assists (quite a few important ones) and slowly scoring more (most in the cup but it's something to build on)
He's younger
Without a doubt he is better at passing and has better movement
Technically is far superior, one of the best players in the squad in that regard.

Lamela takes people on, he scores goals on a more frequent basis. He is 22 (I think) years old, so his best football is in front of him. He is a natural right winger, and is also able to play in other positions. I'm not saying he's a world beater but he could become a great player. Lennon never will now.
Don't want to "press" disagree, but, I disagree. Lennon was light years ahead of Lamela at the same age, I fear that Lamela will never reach the heights of Lennon in a Spurs shirt.

Don't want to "press" disagree, but, I disagree. Lennon was light years ahead of Lamela at the same age, I fear that Lamela will never reach the heights of Lennon in a Spurs shirt.

What has that got to do with it?

Lamela doesn't have to be as good as Lennon used to be for it to be the right decision. Lennon isn't half the player he used to be. I specifically said I'd love to have the 2009 Lennon, but we don't. Is Lamela better than Lennon now? Yes, I think so. And clearly so does Pochettino seeing as Lennon hasn't been used for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom