January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
OG cunits is not everyone. I'm ashamed we support the same club
OG is about a dozen people, most of whom aren't even active on this forum anymore, while you've got what seems like this entire board chasing you with pitchforks across half the threads on this forum, and yet you just keep doubling down with the constant accusations and negativity, strutting around like a fat kid who just won an eating contest, spouting "foundout" hashtags and trying to manufacture sad acronyms and terms like "hampton" in the hopes that everybody starts using them , which you inevitably abandon after a month after nobody does and instead just gives you another round of grief for being such an embarrassment, before you come back up for air a few days later with a new one.

Last edited:
I've read here and elsewhere, 'don't worry if we miss out this year, we're building for the future, etc, etc'

To me that often smacks of the old 'jam tomorrow' promise.

Next year Rodders, we may well be millionaires. Then again Lloris might have left, Eriksen might have left, who knows.

We had a chance THIS window. 'Carpe diem!' (and no that doesn't mean 'moan every day', which some of my detractors might accuse me of :thumbup:) 'There is a tide in men's affairs .... '

For me, ENIC have wasted yet another opportunity, and the grisly prospect of Soldado doing the same, time and again, filling in for an absent Kane, depresses me greatly.

'He came from Sunny Spain, he never scored again'

It makes me shuddderrrrrr to think about the frustration of such a scenario.
We didn't have a "chance", there were few opportunities to immediately improve the squad as it was a depressed market.

I think there's some on here who want to carry out the funeral and post mortem before the death.

We need another striker, we didn't get one and have to rely on Ade or Soldado to put in a shift, no one really wants that scenario. But these are the cards we've been dealt, you can decide who's to blame and get angry about a 'lack of ambition' and there is some weight to that argument, I wanted us to have more options but not at any price and not for the sake of throwing more players in to the mix who might have added nothing.

The alternative is to look at the positives, the fact we have a decent squad and manager, the fact that we are performing above expectations when we're in a transitional season. Also bearing in mind we have a shot at top 4 when, really, we're about 6th in terms of wealth and squad depth.

I think it's better for sanity to take the more positive mindset than looking for someone to blame for something that hasn't happened yet.

I think there's some on here who want to carry out the funeral and post mortem before the death.

We need another striker, we didn't get one and have to rely on Ade or Soldado to put in a shift, no one really wants that scenario. But these are the cards we've been dealt, you can decide who's to blame and get angry about a 'lack of ambition' and there is some weight to that argument, I wanted us to have more options but not at any price and not for the sake of throwing more players in to the mix who might have added nothing.

The alternative is to look at the positives, the fact we have a decent squad and manager, the fact that we are performing above expectations when we're in a transitional season. Also bearing in mind we have a shot at top 4 when, really, we're about 6th in terms of wealth and squad depth.

I think it's better for sanity to take the more positive mindset than looking for someone to blame for something that hasn't happened yet.

Sin-binned for talking boring sense.

You're telling me that if we really tried, we couldn't have gotten rid of Ade and Kaboul this window and gotten 2 players who are better options than them? Even if it is on a loss, it would have made sense just to improve the team. We are acting like a poverty stricken club.
Sure, we could have gotten rid of both, but does the ends justify the means to get us there? The deals could have involved all sorts of details that could sting us later. It is obvious that Ade is a cancer and that we would like to get him off our books, do you really think that any team is going to do us a favor by giving us a nice offer for him? After the crap he pulls at every club he's been at, he's now tainted goods and nobody right now is going to be angling to take him away on anything but a loan at this point, so they don't get stuck with him too.

As for Kaboul, IF you believe (and I stress IF) what some of the reports were saying, that it was Kaboul who rejected the move. Based upon his recent performances and history, nobody is beating down our door to sign him apparently. We could give him away for free, but selling a PL proven CB that could be a starter on other teams for 2.5MM (which is IF you believe the reports) isn't exactly us demanding a really high fee for him either.

As for pulling in new players, almost anybody is better alternative to Ade. Hell, I'm probably a better alternative because at least I'd show up and try. Better than Kaboul isn't too much harder, but I think that we have 4 other players who can play at CB right now that are better than him anyways, so that's not really a concern. It also comes down to who wants to sell a striker. I don't know about you, but I sure didn't see a whole lot of movement this window for strikers. There were lots of rumors, sure, but not a whole lot of movement. We could have offered stupid money for one and forced someone's hands, but we've spent stupid money already haven't gotten a lot back in return.

A sensible post on TFC?

You're doing it wrong. To COYS with ye!

:adegrin2:

I can see both points of view..

a - This could have been our most important transfer window since Saha and Nelsen, where our failure to strengthen killed our season

or

b - We've been doing ok with what we have and will carry on doing so

I'm probably cautiously in the middle, yes things are going ok, but a loss of form or a couple of injuries and we are down to playing people that know we dont want them at the club.

the making out that signing a decent player to help out kane a bit is ridiculous. walking on water is easier than making a decent signing according to some of u lot
Let's pretend that you are Daniel Levy. Who would you buy, and why do you think that the team would sell to us or for the amount that you are willing to spend.

Remember, we aren't working with pretend money, this is real money.

I can see both points of view..

a - This could have been our most important transfer window since Saha and Nelsen, where our failure to strengthen killed our season

or

b - We've been doing ok with what we have and will carry on doing so

I'm probably cautiously in the middle, yes things are going ok, but a loss of form or a couple of injuries and we are down to playing people that know we dont want them at the club.

Well yes it's a total gamble, we keep Kane and Eriksen fit we could have an amazing season, we don't it could go very average very quickly, it would be a shame as Poch has been great in my view.

OG is about a dozen people, most of which aren't even active on this forum anymore, while you've got what seems like this entire board chasing you with pitchforks across half the threads on this forum, and yet you just keep doubling down with the constant accusations and negativity, strutting around like a fat kid who just won an eating contest, spouting "foundout" hashtags and trying to manufacture sad acronyms and terms like "hampton" in the hopes that everybody starts using them , which you inevitably abandon after a month after nobody does and instead just gives you another round of grief for being such an embarrassment, before you come back up for air a few days later with a new one.
Laughable joker - if by everyone you mean the same old 10-15 wankers who follow me in every thread, looking to prove me wrong for exposing them as charlatans in the past - then yes. Get over it, pal.

You and your 'mates' have been committed to following me off in every thread, looking for something to argue over. Many fans expressed concern with our activity and lack thereof over the last month - you and your wanker buddies used it as an excuse to get one over me once again - and prove beyond all reasonable doubt how small time and petty you truly have become. You're a nothing-man, a complete an utter virtual nonentity - I've long relegated you to the lowest layer on here reserved for the worst of trolls and most clueless football fans. But keep going, keep fighting that fight, fella - prove me wrong on the Internet. You're just another clown who came in the Dempsey cool days and stayed behind for the bantz and shitty .gifs. The majority of your contribution these days to this forum is restricted to copy-paste Wikipedia bullshit in Off-Topic, looking to come across as a 27-year old intellectual behemoth of note and virtually nothing in the Spurs section.

We didn't have a "chance", there were few opportunities to immediately improve the squad as it was a depressed market.
Street-corner-002.jpg

Well yes it's a total gamble, we keep Kane and Eriksen fit we could have an amazing season, we don't it could go very average very quickly, it would be a shame as Poch has been great in my view.

If anything that lends weight to giving Poch time, something which historically the club haven't always done.

Let's pretend that you are Daniel Levy. Who would you buy, and why do you think that the team would sell to us or for the amount that you are willing to spend.

Remember, we aren't working with pretend money, this is real money.

We are not a poor club, we have many lines of profit from sponsorship, merchandise, ticket sales etc net spend is low on transfers and we don't really need to buy that much, our defence should be fine, goalkeeper is amazing, midfield pretty good but we have a huge whole up front that needs fixing. We need an able cover for Kane, I don't think 10-20 million for a forward should be beyond us personally. But it's happened now so we can't fix till the summer.

But now I have things to do. Melt away in freedom, bulldog.
So that's your way of saying - I didn't have any point whatsoever to begin with and I agree with some of your points but can never admit it - was just looking for a morning ruck.

Your past gooners hypocrisy was especially delicious. Or your myopic biased analysis of Destro only to prove one of the players I rate shit

All the best, fella. Twat.

Last edited:
Hilarious how the West Ham chairman is blaming us for not getting an Ade deal done. If you wanted him so bad, then they should have met our demands.

We are not a poor club, we have many lines of profit from sponsorship, merchandise, ticket sales etc net spend is low on transfers and we don't really need to buy that much, our defence should be fine, goalkeeper is amazing, midfield pretty good but we have a huge whole up front that needs fixing. We need an able cover for Kane, I don't think 10-20 million for a forward should be beyond us personally. But it's happened now so we can't fix till the summer.
I agree, but is there a high-quality, proven striker that is available at the moment for 10-20 million?

Hilarious how the West Ham chairman is blaming us for not getting an Ade deal done. If you wanted him so bad, then they should have met our demands.

If West Ham really wanted him they should have taken the whole contract wages included, I do not want any player playing for the Spam with us paying their wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom