January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that the ones that got most disappointed got fooled by the "exclusive" story that we would splurge out 60 million yesterday.

The coverage by SSN was cringeworthy. You can count the big deals on one hand; Bony, that defender to Woolwich, Lennon loan, Schürrle and Cuardado. All big fuss for nothing.

No big deals in for United, Liverpool, City and ourselves. One big transfer for Woolwich, who could well turn out to need ages to get used to the league and finally Chavs who sent a worldcup winner packing with a new shiny toy coming in...who may not be much better than the one they sold.

The fact is, this window has been the quietest window in ages, for all top clubs. The squad is kept together for another 5 months and it may not be a bad thing, as there are players with a point to prove to provide some competition for the ones already in the starting lineups. The bright side of DLD is long term - Alli is supposed to be a great talent and fits in with the likes of Oduwa, Onomah, Winks, Azzaoui, Vejlkovic, Pritchard, Walker-Peters, Ogilvie and the rest as promising young players at the club.

I see no reason to hide sharp objects at all. Roll on the rest of the season.

Shocking window. We had 31 days to get rid of players who don't make a contribution to the team and buy players who either improve the strength of the starting 11 or at least provide better back up options for us. And again, we managed to do nothing. Enough with the it's not straightforward to do this, this is not a FIFA game bullshit. If we wanted to do something about the team, we should have done this in the beginning on January. This transfer window nonsense is right up there with the window we got Saha and Nelsen while challenging for the title for a few months.

Seriously, what do ENIC expect? Somehow Ade/Kaboul to remove the curses on them and start playing like world class players? How can they even justify believing in one good striker when we have already played the highest number of games and look likely to do it again for the rest of the season? Pathetic.

Shocking window. We had 31 days to get rid of players who don't make a contribution to the team and buy players who either improve the strength of the starting 11 or at least provide better back up options for us. And again, we managed to do nothing. Enough with the it's not straightforward to do this, this is not a FIFA game bullshit. If we wanted to do something about the team, we should have done this in the beginning on January. This transfer window nonsense is right up there with the window we got Saha and Nelsen while challenging for the title for a few months.

Seriously, what do ENIC expect? Somehow Ade/Kaboul to remove the curses on them and start playing like world class players? How can they even justify believing in one good striker when we have already played the highest number of games and look likely to do it again for the rest of the season? Pathetic.
Correct, this isn't a FIFA game. Seriously, what did you expect? That we were somehow going to be able to offload 5 players and buy whomever we want? There are real world issues like squad size, salary budgets, and contracts. We don't just get to pick and choose what happens.

Be realistic. The melting is ridiculous.

Correct, this isn't a FIFA game. Seriously, what did you expect? That we were somehow going to be able to offload 5 players and buy whomever we want? There are real world issues like squad size, salary budgets, and contracts. We don't just get to pick and choose what happens.

Be realistic. The melting is ridiculous.
You're telling me that if we really tried, we couldn't have gotten rid of Ade and Kaboul this window and gotten 2 players who are better options than them? Even if it is on a loss, it would have made sense just to improve the team. We are acting like a poverty stricken club.

You're telling me that if we really tried, we couldn't have gotten rid of Ade and Kaboul this window and gotten 2 players who are better options than them? Even if it is on a loss, it would have made sense just to improve the team. We are acting like a poverty stricken club.
I can't believe people are melting this much. We obviously tried to sell these players. Nobody wants a tempermental player in Ade that is on ridiculous wages unless we eat them. There's no reason to eat the wages for the spammers who are actually in contention for our spot right now. As much as I don't like Ade he'll make a useful backup. As for Kaboul, he's useless but he's on fairly high wages for some teams and I have a feeling he didn't take a pay cut. We've shown that we won't sell for less than value and there's nothing wrong with that. Selling these players for below their value and leaving us lacking depth isn't the answer.

Pleased that we offloaded Lennon, Ekotto and Naughton. Presumably in the summer we will be able to get rid of Ade, Kaboul, Capoue and Soldado. Next season we will see the real Pochettino side. Patience people

LOL if you stayed up.
Its not Christmas Eve, despite what Sky say.....the transfer window is not a time for giving fans presents.

Did the club tell you we were looking to sign someone? (oh and we did by the way)

Pleased that we offloaded Lennon, Ekotto and Naughton. Presumably in the summer we will be able to get rid of Ade, Kaboul, Capoue and Soldado. Next season we will see the real Pochettino side. Patience people
Considering BAE wasn't even in our 25-man squad - hardly an offload, mate

Having slept on it - good on Levy / Poch not allowing Adebayor leaving for a rival - knowing our luck he'll go on to score 15 goals, etc - move overseas would have been preferable although with no replacement - unlikely

I can't help feel we're weaker than a month ago having lost a bit of depth in terms of Lennon (and to a lesser degree Naughton) while all our main rivals strengthened. Another missed opportunity more than likely, having first started in January 10/11 when we could have consolidated 4th for a second season running. When would we learn?

We didn't buy a striker or even spend £40m on a player we don't need.

This is all Levy's fault, after that transfer window I can safely say now I know how exactly how Nelson Mandela felt after being wrongfully imprisoned for 27 years.. Another time where ENIC just sat back and did nothing, the bastards....

All about keeping things in proportion,which I am doing, of course....

r or even spend £40m on a player we don't need.

T
40m? We could have improved for a third of that

Then again - who needs good attacking options - we've been scoring for fun this season, right? Don't look at our goal difference, it's just stats and whatnot

The window was what we all expected .
No net spend again , a player we never heard of , with
no benefit to the first 11 for a couple of years .
Many of us dreamed that Ings and a Konoplyanka would
be added for the final push . Once again , nothing .
The propaganda ENIC Prada spin of Kane's new contract on
transfer deadline day .
Underwhelming as ever on a summer of thrift .
When will the sun shine again , or has our micro dark overlord
Sold that as well.
Poch is doing well considering he has had so little support from above.
The problem is the foundations are weak and we are never far from collapse .

40m? We could have improved for a third of that

Then again - who needs good attacking options - we've been scoring for fun this season, right? Don't look at our goal difference, it's just stats and whatnot

There simply wasn't one, that's the point, that's exactly why fuck all square happened last night and not just for us. Only Chelsea and Man City made significant transfers, what does that tell you?

There simply wasn't one, that's the point, that's exactly why fuck all square happened last night and not just for us.
Excuse me, but that's utter bollocks - plenty of players made moves

Waiting for the last day of the window and then crying wolf - classic Levy

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31104357

OK, take a look and tell me who would have added the quality up front we needed?

Only Cuadrado or Bony are players who might add something significant. They were bought by clubs with vastly more resources than us.
I'm not saying these were the only targets (listed options numerous times already) - but waiting for deadline day to make decent business is ridiculous and the work of chancers. Bites us every time.

Only Cuadrado or Bony are players who might add something significant. They were bought by clubs with vastly more resources than us.

Good point regarding Bony....many saw him as a target they wanted and thought he was realistic.

When all the slagging of Levy procedes in the next few days, none of them will mention that we cant actually compete with the likes of City with transfers, and when it comes to Ings etc, that it was maybe Poch who was "aiming higher".......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom