January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
And still pissed all over Dempsey
I never said Dempsey was decent. VdV was replaced at the right time, by a good player, Sigurdsson, who we then failed to make the most of.

Dempsey was bargain bin shopping of the highest order, and while it brought the club a ton of new American fans, I would not have been shopping there given the alternatives.

End of an era...:pochbye:
Sky Sports News has ended its tradition of standing reporters outside football grounds on deadline day to avoid the farcical scenes that marred last year’s closing of the summer transfer window.

Those included a purple dildo being shoved in the ear of one journalist who was on camera at Everton, the appearance of a blow-up doll and fans outside Selhurst Park chanting: “We fucking hate Sky Sports” and putting up a banner saying “Sky Sports – killing our game since 1992”.

The TV comic Simon Brodkin turned up in character as his footballer creation Jason Bent, claiming he had signed for Queens Park Rangers to “play in the Premiership this season and in the Championship next season”.

Sky said at the time: “We apologise to those whose enjoyment was spoiled by a small number of incidents and we’re looking into ways to avoid this happening again in the future whilst ensuring fans remain a key part our live coverage.”

This time round, Sky will rely on a more studio-based presentation based partly around Gary Neville, Thierry Henry and Jamie Carragher. Their reporters will be stationed inside training grounds or behind the safety of club gates.
So, when they found out what fans really thought of them, they fled back to the studio. If they could just give up on the whole transfer schtick, it would be even better, but that would mean needing other content to fill airtime, and the manufactured pro-wrestling narrative they use now is the only game they know how to play. And the only thing they know the idiots who watch Sky will understand.

He was a Klinsmann, Ginola, Gazza type of character for me. He wasnt here long enough, and his replacements were no more than squad fillers.
More passion in his little finger than most of todays squad.

I'll never forget when we played Twente and he came out early before the second half, looking like Clubbber Lang about to murder someone. He was so up for it that night. Think he scored, created a pen, and got sent off, something like that. Fucking loved the bloke personally haha

Edit: actually thinking about it, the stories of beating his wife or whatever - that was all later though

M2l9M.gif

I love how they couldn't figure out what to do with the bucket of chicken so it's just floating in the background.

I use to read every page of this thread. Then I realised, what's the actual fucking point. Like being in a room with people debating if a Unicorn could kick the shit out of a dragon. Just fantasy while nothing happens.

If the Unicorn can get to a good start, you know, using that horn with good effect for instance the fight would be much closer than you might think.

For obvious reasons you would put your money on that dragon though, especially as soon as the unicorn is caught off guard and the dragon managed to spit some fire.

I can imagine it's quite hard to piss off a unicorn, but what do we know? There could be a hellstorm of surpressed anger and bad behaviour only waiting to be unleashed.

Really not sure about this one.

If the Unicorn can get to a good start, you know, using that horn with good effect for instance the fight would be much closer than you might think.

For obvious reasons you would put your money on that dragon though, especially as soon as the unicorn is caught off guard and the dragon managed to spit some fire.

I can imagine it's quite hard to piss off a unicorn, but what do we know? There could be a hellstorm of surpressed anger and bad behaviour only waiting to be unleashed.

Really not sure about this one.

But what if it's horn has a natural anti-fire shield? The dragon would be completely fucked then. The Unicorn could literally do a head-stand and pin the dragons mouth shut.

Also, I think the Unicorn wouldn't miss as many sitters as Soldado and we could probably get him on the cheap, easily. I'd go for £4mil, £5m is a bit too much. Apparently he's looking at flats in London and really loves the area, it's in the bag. Far better player than that Yetti we were looking at, you know, the chubby Italian.

Worringly, an #ITK claims Woolwich are going to hire said Unicorn for his anti-fire horn so he can guard Archways, meaning Levy can no longer burn it down to the ground in stages. Is this true? Find out in another 100 pages!

If there is nothing new then a bullshit has to be recycled to keep things going.

How about Adebarndoor is refusing to leave the club?. . anyway suprise we haven't been linked with Guarin at all this time around.

The two are not mutually exclusive; the latter is a contingency plan for the former.

Its hilarious that people think Modric was brought in to sell at a profit later. Modric was pretty unknown, and even Wenger turned his nose up, thinking he was too weak for the PL.
In his first year, he was fucking shit....you think Levy knew he would become a 30M player.

And Beratov at 10M....hardly the equivalent of signing Ronaldo was it.

Its so ridiculous that the only comeback when people are presented with the facts that Levy does sign good players too, is, "only to sell them later".

No, he is trying to build a club, but its pretty difficult when so many players see us as a perfect stepping stone.

If Lloris does what Modric did, Levy will get slated for selling. I will pat him on the back again, though, because Im done with players who dont want to be here. We have all seen how that goes the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Its hilarious that people think Modric was brought in to sell at a profit later. Modric was pretty unknown, and even Wenger turned his nose up, thinking he was too weak for the PL.
In his first year, he was fucking shit....you think Levy knew he would become a 30M player.

And Beratov at 10M....hardly the equivalent of signing Ronaldo was it.

Its so ridiculous that the only comeback when people are presented with the facts that Levy does sign good players too, is, "only to sell them later".

No, he is trying to build a club, but its pretty difficult when so many players see us as a perfect stepping stone.

If Lloris does what Modric did, Levy will get slated for selling. I will pat him on the back again, though, because Im dont want players who dont to be here. We have all seen how that goes the last couple of years.

All those players also wanted to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom