Ivan Perišić

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm very excited by this news. Like when Edgar Davids signed for us. Signing a player of this calibre and experience is a real statement of intent and should encourage others to follow. Just hope the Chavs don't try and pull their usual dirty gazumping tricks. COYS!!!!!!!

Doesn't seem like he's getting one of those obscene free agent deals either. 2 years at 6 million is eminently reasonable. He'll split time with Sess and ideally by the time Perisic's contract is over, Sessegnon will be a bonafide first choice player and we can sign a youngster to back him up.
Italians report salary after taxes, he's getting around 200k a week, which would make him our third highest earner after Kane and Son, which is reasonable considering his quality, experience, and the fact that we're getting him for free.

Would be perfect. The only hang up is that he's 33, but we're only signing him to a two year deal and he's still playing at a very high level.

Doesn't seem like he's getting one of those obscene free agent deals either. 2 years at 6 million is eminently reasonable. He'll split time with Sess and ideally by the time Perisic's contract is over, Sessegnon will be a bonafide first choice player and we can sign a youngster to back him up.

I’m still thinking we get both. I don’t think this is a one or the other situation

Little point tbh. Sess looks like he'll come good; certainly as #2.... May as well ride these 2 for a couple of years and review once Peresic leaves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom