Isco - the player we need

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was using Poch's quote from last week about the possibility of a signing in January. Isco is likely a 50-50 in honesty if we get CL again, Real don't offer him a new deal then why not? We're becoming a more attractive proposition. Obviously will end up being down to money as well.
Well, there you go, which is why the OP's basic idea is not entirely without foundation, and this is really just an exercise in in hounding the new guy for not being perfect from day one.

We are already on the next level.

We have never been on this level - we have an amazing team.

Clearly most people here disagree with me about what we need - but the point is - we have never been this high - and so close to the top of not just England but Europe too.

my opinion - which is very unpopular here - is that we might just scratch it this season and get second - but if Levy would pish the boat out and get a couple of world class creatives - we could wim the league and even the champions league.

Just an opinion
"Never been this high" in the modern era perhaps....

Again, why is this so unrealistic? If he ever starts to wind down at RM I don't see it as impossible. In fact I could very well see him coming back top the PL. It'd be those fans wanting him back though that'd face being disappointed that he'd no longer be the player they remembered.
I'm mainly talking about when people think he's coming in like the next few years. It's not going to happen. And even if he's starting to wind down at RM, his contract is up when he's 32. Do you want a 32 year old Bale taking the spot of someone who we can get probably playing better and faster?

God damnit we're now talking about Bale coming back when I specifically didn't want to. :dempsey:

I'm mainly talking about when people think he's coming in like the next few years. It's not going to happen. And even if he's starting to wind down at RM, his contract is up when he's 32. Do you want a 32 year old Bale taking the spot of someone who we can get probably playing better and faster?

God damnit we're now talking about Bale coming back when I specifically didn't want to. :dempsey:
Do I want it? No. I'm simply saying it's not impossible, therefore it doesn't render the wish to see it happen pointless IMO.

You can't be called a cunt for posting if you don't post anything, ever

4RZEL9m.gif

I want nothing more than to see Isco at Spurs (check my post history, I've made like 10 posts about it), but I honestly can't see it happening. He's an incredibly talented player who can be effective as a central mid, an attacking mid, or as a winger on either side. Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Woolwich, and Liverpool all could use that sort of player, and can offer much higher wages. Same goes for Juventus and Bayern.

Then again, you could have said the same thing about Van der Vaart, and that deal still happened.

Well, there you go, which is why the OP's basic idea is not entirely without foundation, and this is really just an exercise in in hounding the new guy for not being perfect from day one.

Serg1980 said:
I have given up on Ericksen - way too inconsistent from my pov. We need to step up a level and Isco is the player that the Arse were hoping Ozil would be - Isco in a Spurs team would open up these teams playing 10-0 and in the big ganes he'd be a battler.

When he's happy to say stuff like that of course there we be some who will give him pelters. Eriksen has been very good for us he makes our midfield tick. Do we know for certain Isco would be an upgrade? I would like a player that will give Eriksen a bit of competition in his position not totally replace him. Thanks for the hard work Christian but time to move on as we've signed 'X' for £35m to take your place.

Last edited:
For all you know he's a new fan (the pointers are there) and possibly foreign. It is a more common mistake than you're letting on, and only long term fan arrogance would castigate a new fan for making this mistake and not yet learning why it looks bad.

Serg1980 where are you from and how long have you been a fan?
I really never knew the significance of the word 'the'.
Yeaterday was my first time on a spurs forum - I wanted to have a chat and have fun. I clearly misread this forum.

Last edited:
When he's happy to say stuff like that of course there we be some who will give him pelters.
He's not wrong in principle though. Eriksen has been inconsistent at times if you look at his entire history with us. When he is on his game we play much more effectively, but when he's not we're often slowed down....and he's had plenty of off games in his time with us (albeit less these days than in the early days). People sometimes need to take off the rose tinted glasses. Do I advocate him being replaced myself? No, of course not. But it doesn't mean they OP's opinion is thoroughly and totally without foundation, because it's not.

So, again, I don't think the core of what he's saying is totally unreasonable and justifies the abuse he's getting.

I think you've all piled on so much that you're not looking for any excuse to continue giving the guy shit. But as someone who hasn't participated in this thread until now, can see how it's spiralled into something of a witch hunt.

I really never knew the significance of the word 'the'.
Yeaterday was my first time on a spurs forum - I wanted to have a chat and have fun. I clearly misread this forum.

My spurs history is : i first went to the lane 35 hears ago. Not every week but about half the home games. I was at Wembley 1987 and for both the semis with the A - one time I remember being so nervous I couldn't p. I 've also horribly been at Highbury with A friends and Stamford Bridge with C friends when we have been battered. So I know what it is like to be spurs - . i came on this forum because I am so excited about what is happening now. I am 100percent positive. I am kicking out some ideas about how i think we can go to the next level.
I get that spurs fans who are with the team everyweek might take it badly - i don't mean it that way at all. I am just being an armchair oundit and thought the sours forum was the place to air my ideas. I still think my ideas are pretty good :) but i would never say they are better than the poch's
Well, after 35 years I can see how you might get shit for saying "the Spurs". I can only assume you have been a casual fan up until now, as otherwise you should know that after so long. It's like watching Star Trek for 35 years and then talking about how cool it is that Captain Kirk flies the TARDIS.

I have never posted on a forum before. I assumed (wrongly) that everything i said would be in the context of a love for thfc - that's why i came here. I came here because I live abroad and watch every second of every game - i know it's not the same- but I am living for this team and have done so alone for a long time - and then found this forum - and splurged.

I know that wasn't the classiest and it wasn't respectful - but I splurged my opinions onto the forums.

Everybody has a different sutuation in life - mine is that I am stuck abroad - but my dream is to come back home and go to the Lane befkre we move. So please - don't tell me I am not spurs because sometimes I use the word 'the'.
I didn't tell you you weren't Spurs. But now you're being a bit arsey. I'm telling you why, after not knowing about "the" Spurs, you might get shit. The best way to approach it would be simply to learn, pucker up and move forward with it in mind.

Where is "abroad" btw? You see to be deliberately evasive on this question.

For all you know he's a new fan (the pointers are there) and possibly foreign. It is a more common mistake than you're letting on, and only long term fan arrogance would castigate a new fan for making this mistake and not yet learning why it looks bad.

No SS, three pages of people explaining why it's wrong and his only adaption is to put swear words into it.

It's not "long term fan arrogance", it's anti-plastic tourist shit. You see it all the time, someone new bounds on here, blind to any opinion except their own, starts loads of new threads based on a FIFA storyline, then goes menstrual when he gets corrected.

It's times like this I miss having Arcspace to sniff out multis.

It's times like this I miss having Arcspace to sniff out multis.

I think after my first few posts i was accused of being a multi of Arcspace's!

The correct response is "get bent" and then carry on regardless. Us locals get drunk after 10 and forget all about it - unless you've pressed the disagree button, then all kinds of shit kicks off.

I think after my first few posts i was accused of being a multi of Arcspace's!

The correct response is "get bent" and then carry on regardless. Us locals get drunk after 10 and forget all about it - unless you've pressed the disagree button, then all kinds of shit kicks off.

Indeed - 27 seconds in...

Full disclosure...

My in-laws have an apartment in Benalmádena, we go down there a fair bit. I have a scenario whereby I'm strolling along the promenade, bump into Isco (it's his home town), we go for a caña, chat Spurs and Spain, become best buddies...

Seriously tho, signing him is not as massively far-fetched as you may think. Madrid tend to sell cheap. Yes, Zidane's a fan but Madrid have to be seen to be continuously buying the latest, shiniest toy in the shop. They'll mainly be in the market for a new striker, someone like Aubameyang, but skillful ball-playing central midfielders have a far higher cache here than in England, in general, expect to see Madrid and FCB looking to buy in that department. The talk here is that Isco wants guarantees of a pretty-much guaranteed first team spot, he's unlikely to get it. Plus wages could well be affordable, he's a low earner at the minute, £38,000 after tax or thereabouts.

Sorry to stray off-message re the definite article debate. For what its worth we're always El Tottenham, Los Spurs in Spanish. Most teams carry the masculine article here (el Madrid, el Barça, el Málaga), the exception being Real Sociedad. "Sociedad" is a feminine noun, so they're "La Real", informally "La Reala". Cool eh?

YIDS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom