Injuries. WHY?!?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

this is happening because the training is bad,Reminds me of the harry redknapp era when we were always having a contingency of players with HAMSTRING injuries .We played far more games under AVB and in a more compressed time period. Injuries were kept minimal.

Nonetheless, we have thrown the baby out with the bath water.Training routine, physio, performance monirtoring, Rotation..ect all gone.

Its not a new thing, I have always said our doctors trained at the same place as Howard Shipman, they seem to take 3 times longer than any other club to get our players right

I'm not sure I agree @ Éperons Éperons

Eriksen for a start was injured with Denmark, I don't recall any other injuries.

Sandro and Kaboul suffered unfortunate serious knee injuries during a match, hardly the physios fault?

Lamela only just got injured for the first time? And Chadli has mostly been available this season...

Eriksen for a start was injured with Denmark, I don't recall any other injuries.

Sandro and Kaboul suffered unfortunate serious knee injuries during a match, hardly the physios fault?

Lamela only just got injured for the first time? And Chadli has mostly been available this season...
OK, Eriksen may have been an overreach. Sandro and Kaboul have been in and out since their injuries. I'm not saying the injuries themselves are the physios' fault, but I do wonder about subsequent unreliability. Kaboul is most likely done, as he's just got bone on bone now (is that right?), but what's up with Sandro? If he's good enough to come back from the knee injury last year, and then goes (it feels like) right back to the injured list.

Chadli has not had a serious injury, but I recall reading several times this autumn that he was not available for selection because of injury.

It's just frustrating, and I don't know how much can be put to simply bad luck. But we also don't have the whole story, etc., etc.

Injuries like Sandro (last year), Kaboul, and Paulinho obviously have nothing to do with the physios. However, it always seems like we have little weird muscle injuries keeping players out that don't happen during games. For example, Siggy and Holtby being out currently. So frustrating. Feels like that type of stuff shouldn't be happening.

I think we have had a bit of bad luck with injuries. However, I also think we could do better, and should do better, than we do with our injured players. They are often out longer than it seems players with similar injuries are out at other clubs, and more importantly, they seem to reoccur.

A bit??? It's been over 20 years now! (I like to think Gazza started the modern 'trend' in the '91 Cup Final)
...our injury record hasn't quite been right since!

I think I found what kind of injury Lamela is currently suffering from, it seems to be a case of elephantiasis to his right thigh whereas his left thigh has shrunken into a stick. Poor lad.
BdYn1iqCMAAqxs5.jpg:large

Just some examples of the 'modern' equipment used to heal our players!!
A-Creepy-Medical-Tour-Of-The-Past14.jpeg

" Just because we take our time getting fit again"!
article-2350131-1A8ABFFA000005DC-660_634x505.jpg

" This is so I can practice staying on my feet for 90 mins"
article-2350131-1A8A5F55000005DC-784_634x464.jpg

"Boys this is what it feels like being fully fit and playing against those European clubs"

Last edited:
The mystery surrounding injuries is interesting to me. In the NFL, a player gets hurt and they've got bone structure graphics showing EXACTLY what's happened, a doctor talking about recovery, a player talking about his experience with it, yadda yadda...

BPL?

Thigh Injury...
Knee Injury...
Knock...

Wtf? No wonder everyone's pissed.
I suspect the lack of info and generic descriptions is largely not to give the opposition any insights. Also, perhaps making an injury public may lower a players value when they are to be sold.
Having said that when info is released everyone becomes an expert, just look at the Lloris head injury, in the press for weeks. When Rooney broke a metatarssel, 99% of the football world in England spoke of nothing else, no one had ever heard of a metatarssel. On reflection I prefer "a knock".

So the medics are still shit...?

But the injuries have improved?

So was it still the medics fault last year?
“When you talk about the fitness of the players, you have to talk about the structure [at the club]. It’s not only about the manager or the sports science people. It’s about creating links to all the different departments, working together and taking decisions together. Jesús is my right-hand man and he is responsible for [overseeing] the fitness, with the sports science and the medical staff. It’s very important to work on prevention and to work in the same way.”

So something is different from last season. If the decrease in injuries is a result of our medical staff or Poch's guys (or just luck) is too early to say. My point is that things are done in a different way now.

Two very easy ways to address this is an 18 team first division and to get rid of the League cup, or better yet, make it for Football League teams only (not PL). That's a minimum of 5 less games a year and would allow a longer summer break as well as a proper winter break right after the New Year.

Divisions 2-4 should also only have 22 teams each.

Or why not just exclude clubs in Europe from the League Cup?

Back
Top Bottom