Improvements

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just like last season.

It's worse than last season. This season we've played 2 at Wembley and 4 away.

That's 4 where the oppo have had home advantage. We're due 2 home games on others in the table. And our next is away too, so that'll be a 3rd after Hudd'fld. I don't know at what stage in the season we get parity as it were.

I hope our first at the new WHL is a cracking win. Oh to get control of our stadium. We're not even in charge of cutting the grass at Wembley

It's worse than last season. This season we've played 2 at Wembley and 4 away.

That's 4 where the oppo have had home advantage. We're due 2 home games on others in the table. And our next is away too, so that'll be a 3rd after Hudd'fld. I don't know at what stage in the season we get parity as it were.

I hope our first at the new WHL is a cracking win. Oh to get control of our stadium. We're not even in charge of cutting the grass at Wembley

His point was that Wembley isn't home so our 6 games this season have been away. Like they were last season.

As mentioned before, away games for the top 6 teams aren't tough. Not like they used to be anyway. The gulf in class is too high now.

Do3iRzBXUAA7I2d.jpg:large

His point was that Wembley isn't home so our 6 games this season have been away. Like they were last season.

As mentioned before, away games for the top 6 teams aren't tough. Not like they used to be anyway. The gulf in class is too high now.
I wouldn't say 6 have been "away" as such, because there is a distinct difference between playing away v playing at a neutral venue... a neutral venue that we've been in for long enough to be settled in now.

Let’s evaluate our performance after the next 6 tough games which include 3 of the top 4. We won’t get away with our sub standard play that we have seen so far. Plus we will know if we are still in the CL qualification mix, or heading for Thursday night matches.

Let’s evaluate our performance after the next 6 tough games which include 3 of the top 4. We won’t get away with our sub standard play that we have seen so far. Plus we will know if we are still in the CL qualification mix, or heading for Thursday night matches.
Might just as well have written, let's evaluate our performance after the final game of the season, which include having played every one of the top 4.

Might just as well have written, let's evaluate our performance after the final game of the season, which include having played every one of the top 4.

No, the point I was making is that we have not had to play many of our top 4 rivals yet other than Liverpool at home where we were outclassed and a struggling Man U which we won. After our next 6 matches we will have played all of them and it’s unlikely we will be in the top 4 or close to them unless we can raise our game from what we have seen so far.

No, the point I was making is that we have not had to play many of our top 4 rivals yet other than Liverpool at home where we were outclassed and a struggling Man U which we won. After our next 6 matches we will have played all of them and it’s unlikely we will be in the top 4 or close to them unless we can raise our game from what we have seen so far.

But that's exactly the same with all the other teams!!!! So everyone, press, media and fans of other clubs can talk about other teams, can evaluate them, despite the fact that they too haven't played all of the top 6? Liverpool has played 3 teams, Woolwich 2, City 2, Chelsea 2, us 2 (well according to you 1 because Utd doesn't count).

I mean who have City played? Liverpool and the took 1 point. They played Woolwich first game of the season, does this count, seeing as they had a new manager and were bottom of the table after their first couple of games. All their other games have been against shit teams as well. But this hasn't stopped anyone talking about their title chances.

Man U - They've played us, but that I guess doesn't count because were have been playing shit, that's how it goes right? They too have played shit teams, teams that they are expected to beat.

Liverpool - Have played Chelsea and now City, Spurs game doesn't count because we are shit (just like Utd don't count when we beat them away because they are shit). So they have taken 2 points from Chelsea and City. But we and everyone can still talk about them, their chances and just how jolly well they are doing.

Chelsea - Ditto.

Woolwich - Only two teams who they have faced that have been good they lost. But flat track bullies are currently being lorded and their manager praised because they beat Cardiff. People are talking about them whether they are better.

It's almost as though you can't wait for us to fuck up, or don't want to acknowledge the start we have had. Meanwhile, all those around us are patting themselves on the back for being bloody brilliant and are talking up their chances of a title.

But that's exactly the same with all the other teams!!!! So everyone, press, media and fans of other clubs can talk about other teams, can evaluate them, despite the fact that they too haven't played all of the top 6? Liverpool has played 3 teams, Woolwich 2, City 2, Chelsea 2, us 2 (well according to you 1 because Utd doesn't count).

I mean who have City played? Liverpool and the took 1 point. They played Woolwich first game of the season, does this count, seeing as they had a new manager and were bottom of the table after their first couple of games. All their other games have been against shit teams as well. But this hasn't stopped anyone talking about their title chances.

Man U - They've played us, but that I guess doesn't count because were have been playing shit, that's how it goes right? They too have played shit teams, teams that they are expected to beat.

Liverpool - Have played Chelsea and now City, Spurs game doesn't count because we are shit (just like Utd don't count when we beat them away because they are shit). So they have taken 2 points from Chelsea and City. But we and everyone can still talk about them, their chances and just how jolly well they are doing.

Chelsea - Ditto.

Woolwich - Only two teams who they have faced that have been good they lost. But flat track bullies are currently being lorded and their manager praised because they beat Cardiff. People are talking about them whether they are better.

It's almost as though you can't wait for us to fuck up, or don't want to acknowledge the start we have had. Meanwhile, all those around us are patting themselves on the back for being bloody brilliant and are talking up their chances of a title.
Would you agree that, while statistically we have had a good start, our performances have not been convincing and it's fair that fans should be worried by our squad?

I am concerned because it just isn’t our attack that is struggling. If we were not conceding easy goals, I would be less worried, but as of right now teams like Brighton play right through us.

Keep the faith.

No, don't be a wank.

I'm simply saying that all is not well with our club and that some folk want to suggest everything is rosy.
Who said that everything is rosy? All I've read about is how shit we've been. T

The fella that posted said we shouldn't be talking about anything until we've played every one of the "top 6". But it seems everyone else is talking about all those other clubs in the top 6 is OK, even though they too haven't played everyone in the top 6. Just can't talk about Spurs because Spurs haven't been playing well. You can only talk about the other clubs because they've been playing well.

What a pile of old bollocks.

Yes we are playing pants but we are on the coat tails of all the teams, all of which are playing really well. The mark of any team is sticking in there when the times are rough, I am extremely worried about the depth of the squad and I expect 2 signings in Jan but lets see what happens over the next couple of months, god only knows what could happen if we hit the form we showed last year.

I think we all agree we gave Watford the 3 points, imaging that result changed? Where would our poorly performing team be sitting now?

Chelsea - Ditto.

No. I’m not going to get into a pointless exchange with you. You can say what you like to twist my words, I don’t care. Our next 6 games are tough and we are going to have to raise our game. If we play like we have been playing then I think we could be well off the top after those 6 games. If we do lift our game then there’s no reason we can’t stay close to the top and it goes without saying that if some of our injured players get fit for some or all of those games we are more than capable of doing that. So let’s see where we are after those games. Sorry if that statement offends you in some way.

No. I’m not going to get into a pointless exchange with you. You can say what you like to twist my words, I don’t care. Our next 6 games are tough and we are going to have to raise our game. If we play like we have been playing then I think we could be well off the top after those 6 games. If we do lift our game then there’s no reason we can’t stay close to the top and it goes without saying that if some of our injured players get fit for some or all of those games we are more than capable of doing that. So let’s see where we are after those games. Sorry if that statement offends you in some way.
Yep you are exactly right. Our performances haven't been good, I haven't attempted to say anything different, I haven't nor have i seen anyone else say how fantastic we've been playing.

But why the fuck can't we look at the table like all the other clubs? Why do we have to wait until we play all of the top 6. This is what you said, I find that odd. You don't have to be playing well to talk about where we are in the league.

The problems seem to me likely to do with fitness. If you're tired and not fully fit, then everything is a struggle, you don't feel happy or really enjoy playing, you switch off mentally (e.g. from set pieces). There's something about the World Cup, but it shouldn't really affect us that much more than other teams, after all our involved players only played in it a week longer than a lot of other teams' players. A few stories from the press about players complaining about the training being too intensive, could be bollocks, and even if it's not- I'm not criticising the methods or Poch...I'm just saying that it seems we are struggling to get our players to the fitness levels they need to be at, at the moment.

We normally hit our rhythm in terms of fitness around mid-December. If we can keep picking up points until then, and then we do that as normal, we should have a good season. My worry is that the players won't get into their rhythm as usual, in which case we have real problems. But it could go either way, so let's just hope it works out okay. These injuries could be a blessing in disguise in that they allow a few key players to have a rest, and convenient that they come at a time when there is an international break (not so convenient that they also came when we played Barcelona).

I'm concerned about this season...but time will tell. Let's not forget there have been concerning spells in both our last two seasons too, and in those spells we weren't picking up nearly as many points as we are at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom