If not Llorente...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sort of hypothetical, as it’s unlikely we’ll pick up another striker now or in the summer but..

Who or what style of striker do people think would complement Harry up front? I’m talking just style or type of forward here, not whether anyone decent wants to come play second fiddle / we have no money etc.

I ask as it occurred against Fulham that we went out of our way to accommodate Llorente up front - the big target man to hold up the ball / win aerial battles / score headers - and it really didn’t work. Partly because Llorente wasn’t great, but also because that is clearly not how the team plays, ever, and it showed. Eriksen and Alli were ineffectual as they had no runners to pass through to I thought.

Not sure myself, but I think a speedster is probably ideal. Someone who can run off the shoulder. Rashford/Vardy/Zaha style players maybe.

mw-860

Someone who can also play out-wide.

Son has pretty much been playing up top with Kane in a 442 diamond for most of this season, so I imagine we'd probably need someone like him who CAN play in a two alongside Kane and offer something different with his pace, but who can also play outwide if we decide to play a 433 or 4231 again. It's no surprise we've also tried Lucas in this position this season.

Also not surprising that we've been linked with the likes of Berahino, Zaha, Martial, Plea, Welbeck over the years who have all played outwide and up top throughout their career.

Someone who can also play out-wide.

Son has pretty much been playing up top with Kane in a 442 diamond for most of this season, so I imagine we'd probably need someone like him who CAN play in a two alongside Kane and offer something different with his pace, but who can also play outwide if we decide to play a 433 or 4231 again. It's no surprise we've also tried Lucas in this position this season.

Also not surprising that we've been linked with the likes of Berahino, Zaha, Martial, Plea, Welbeck over the years who have all played outwide and up top throughout their career.
Yeah, that seems to make the most sense, and why I’ve always wanted Zaha to come.

Interesting thing is there’s nobody like Harry, so it’s difficult to see other examples of working partnerships. He’s like a Shearer-Lampard hybrid, take the best from both.

We certainly do not need someone who will warm the bench 95% of the time, while Harry plays. That just doesn't work. Players who do not get to play regularly will be shit when they get a rare chance, particularly strikers.

Someone who can play in any of the front four positions is what we need as backup. And we've got that already. But one was injured (Moura), one is in Asia (Son) and one got injured yesterday (Alli).

The commentary I had while watching the game yesterday made a good point. The thing with Kane is he'll drop deep if he has to, which will drag players out of position, can play as the target man or off the shoulder.

With Lorente or strikers of his ilk, that movement is missing. The 3 Fulham centre backs knew where he would be and just needed to stick close to him. I'm trying to rack my brains as to who could come close, perhaps a Thomas Müller from a couple of seasons ago.

Ha ha ha...the sun says we're in for Andy Carroll...what a bunch of fourth rate hack cunts!

Lol

His miss yesterday was incredible even for him

As Leicester are shite a cheeky punt for Vardy?
I think he’d suit our style of play

Lol

His miss yesterday was incredible even for him

As Leicester are shite a cheeky punt for Vardy?
I think he’d suit our style of play

Personally vardy would tuck some boxes and then I remember that he's about as popular as a cup of cold vomit on this forum!
He's gotta be desperate for more champions league having had a taste of it...

Nice to chat to you Bazali Bazali ... proper gutted about sissoko and feel like I should acknowledge your faith in him...I feel similar about that beautiful bastard lamela...I have proper man love for the fella and won't/can't stop rooting for him.
Any news about sissokos return?

Personally vardy would tuck some boxes and then I remember that he's about as popular as a cup of cold vomit on this forum!
He's gotta be desperate for more champions league having had a taste of it...

Nice to chat to you Bazali Bazali ... proper gutted about sissoko and feel like I should acknowledge your faith in him...I feel similar about that beautiful bastard lamela...I have proper man love for the fella and won't/can't stop rooting for him.
Any news about sissokos return?

I don’t think it’s too bad and is a groin strain
We missed him yesterday and surprised bus-conductor didn’t slag him off in his match review even though he wasn’t playing lol

Winksy stepped up though and I really like our never say die spirit

Fingers crossed for Thursday

Got to beat the Nazis

Last edited:
I think it’s too bad and is a groin strain
We missed him yesterday and surprised bus-conductor didn’t slag him off in his match review even though he wasn’t playing lol

Cunt let us down getting injured like that tho' didn't he, eh? ...Eh??? ...Eh???

I know, the pretender that he is, he tried to run it off, but FFS the guy can't even manage to get the right kind of injuries FFS!!!!!

:angryscouser:

Back
Top Bottom