Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was a stupid boy who did something that any sane person would condemn. Thank goodness nobody got hurt. It can't and shouldn't go unpunished. However as long as he takes whatever he receives on the chin and doesn't do it again, then everybody should let it go.

He was a stupid boy who did something that any sane person would condemn. Thank goodness nobody got hurt. It can't and shouldn't go unpunished. However as long as he takes whatever he receives on the chin and doesn't do it again, then everybody should let it go.

Fine him the maximum you're allowed to as a club and donate it to families & people effected by drink driving. This would be a good starting point for Hugo & the club. The rest is up to Poch but it's such a poor situation Hugo has put him in. Im glad I'm not the one having to make the decision but either way Hugo should understand the severity of his actions and do something to help those damaged by idiocy in the past because of his actions. It's the least he and the club should do

He is still one of my favorite players and i will of course support him if he played come Monday.
Some of you are overreacting about punishment. We shouldnt be a club that needs to think about how it affects our result had we need to discipline somebody.
If you haf stripped him of captaincy, it is a permanent scar, if we won something, people will remember it.
Let him lay low for a while. Cause the media and rival will put their claws deep in this.
Imagine if he makes mistake on Monday.

Come on, have a little faith. We are gonna be fine.

Hugo didn't kill someone

Yeah cos driving around Madrid like a fucking looney and killing someone is exactly the same as what Lloris did , Jesus fucking Christ !
Everybody knows the difference. But still its reckless driving right.
Of course its difference with killing somebody, thats why nobody suggest he deserved to bid his time inside bars.

Do not extrapolate and blow some words out of proportion.

You would of thought Lloris had killed someone the way some of you are going on, the amount of footballers who have been done for drink driving, I've never heard of any receiving a fucking months ban. What does that even achieve? just draws unnecessary attention to a situation that would otherwise be forgotten about in a weeks time.
That's the whole point. It shouldn't be forgotten in a week's time!

That's the whole point. It shouldn't be forgotten in a week's time!
So you would rather we become the first club to publicly shun our player to the bench and draw all the attention on us, as if we don't have enough the media are bashing us for right now. Let's have Poch have to answer questions about the goalkeeping situation for the next 8 press conferences. Firminho, yaya toure and Rooney among others have all been done for the same thing in the past couple years, all their clubs fined them the amount they seemed fit, but then continued to get behind their man and play him. Why should we treat Hugo any different?

Well absolutely this.

Just to clarify my original comments, at no point have I suggested that Hugo be permanently dropped or that we no longer support him.

I suggested there is a case for him to be removed as captain, and I stand by that comment. I think the club will act and has to act in some way, whether that is by removing the captaincy , dropping him for a match, fining him or something else (that obviously does not include permanently dropping him, or terminating his contract).

Then I hope he takes it like a man and a professional, knuckles down, and we all move on.

But anyone else wants to accuse me of melting, or not supporting our own...you can get tae fuck. Drink driving is not a laughing matter, so we are perfectly entitled to be pissed off with his behaviour. That doesn't mean we condemn him for the rest of time...

Community Service work, that will get the maximum benefit ftom a negative situation for all. Fuck what other teams fans think dickheads!

So you would rather we become the first club to publicly shun our player to the bench and draw all the attention on us, as if we don't have enough the media are bashing us for right now. Let's have Poch have to answer questions about the goalkeeping situation for the next 8 press conferences. Firminho, yaya toure and Rooney among others have all been done for the same thing in the past couple years, all their clubs fined them the amount they seemed fit, but then continued to get behind their man and play him. Why should we treat Hugo any different?
The fact that so many players have done this so recently goes to show how much someone desperately needs to take a stand. There's a culture of top-level footballers doing it, knowing they face very little real punishment if they're caught, and that has to change - otherwise sooner or later there'll be an accident or worse.

The fact that so many players have done this so recently goes to show how much someone desperately needs to take a stand. There's a culture of top-level footballers doing it, knowing they face very little real punishment if they're caught, and that has to change - otherwise sooner or later there'll be an accident or worse.

Footballers are no different to anyone else when it comes down to d&d. Everyone thinks they won’t get pulled - if they did they wouldn’t drive. It’s a conceit and a humiliating one.

Is there any hard facts that have been released yet?

Not to be funny but the facts are he was stopped on the road, failed a roadside test then arrested on suspicion of D&D. Back at the nick he'd have done an evidential breathalyser test which he failed, 35mg being the limit. It doesn't matter if its 36mg or 135mg its and absolute offence.

He'd have slept off the alcohol and then charged and released in the morning.

Unless he'd got some medical condition (he doesn't) he'll plead guilty at the first hearing and that will be that. Points, fine and community service probably. He'll get a bigger fine then the average person I'd imagine.

Not that it makes any difference but I'd hope he was just over the limit rather than he was absolutely steaming.

*Edit
Oh and no more details will be released till after its dealt with at court, apart from maybe how much over he was.

Back
Top Bottom