Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris @ under 18 million is a piss take. There is NO WAY on gods earth Levy / Spurs would agree that on club Captain ( potential ) on a 4 year deal....

I can see 30 million but @ 18 this has no credibility at all....suspect it's United briefing the price to try to screw levy, which won't happen.

The sad thing is that it is again going to have the potential to replicate Berbatoss & his head not being right & guarantees us Vorm in goal on Opening day ! Which does not impress.

On a more positive note Liverpool have done a Paulhino tonight, but @ 12 million more than we stupidly threw away. Rodgers & Ian Ayre really are dick heads that make Franco look a genius

But why should it be inevitable. He has a 4 year contract. They finished one place above us. We are not poor. We do not need the money. There is no reason to sell. Apart from profiteering.
I hear what you're saying, but in the real world, contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, if a player wants away. I'm wary of making a player stay when they don't want to - best case scenario is we manage to bat away interest for a season.

I hear what you're saying, but in the real world, contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, if a player wants away. I'm wary of making a player stay when they don't want to - best case scenario is we manage to bat away interest for a season.
Even if what you say is true, you certainly don't sell to a team that's finished one place either side of you the last 2 seasons. Not if you have Champions league aspirations anyway.. We cannot say our aim is top 4, then strengthen the team that finishes 4th with our goalkeeper.

Even if what you say is true, you certainly don't sell to a team that's finished one place either side of you the last 2 seasons. Not if you have Champions league aspirations anyway.. We cannot say our aim is top 4, then strengthen the team that finishes 4th with our goalkeeper.
Agree, would hate it if we sold to ManUre, for all the reasons mentioned, but since when has common sense and rational thinking ever had anything to do with football ? At the end of the day, we all want the best for our club, from the board down, but how we get there is certainly open to different interpretations

Don't get so downhearted mate
According to South Stand Billy, if at the end of this window Man Utd have Hugo Lloris, Woolwich have Petr Czech and we have Vorm, then it's Spurs who come out tops.
:freundgoal:

Where did I say we will be left with Vorm you pointless little Prick???
Where did I say Lloris will end up at Man Utd you snivelling little cry baby.

I thought Woolwich had some Whiny little Bitches but you beat their finest.
I bet you've set your alarm early so you can get up and start your next Whine Fest.
Grow a pair you snivelling little Pansy..

Oh and it's Cech not Czech you Dunce..

I thought I better tell you that before you go and have his name put on your next shirt.

Last edited:
OH FOR FUCK'S SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!

mixza2.jpg
Calm down mate - and 'everthing'? Gotta sort out the spelling on your bear memes. Don't take to heart, but standards must be maintained.

At the end of the day if Lloris goes this summer it's because HE WANTED TO. Not because Levy has no ambition.

Utd fans could equally say that they are showing no ambition by selling THEIR keeper. But if he wants to go he'll go.

If Lloris wants to go the best we can hope for is we force him to stay another year but then it's debatable whether that would be the right thing to do.

Last edited:
Its inevitable, eventhough we're just one step closer to top 4..I'm starting to wonder if Poch has REALLY sorted out our defence...without Hugo...we'll be shipping in even more goals :vdvcry:

I've no issue with him going, just not to them. Bloody muck, but then all the other 'top slots' are sorted and they can offer Champions League and a higher wage packet. Would hate for him to go to them, did he not say before he wouldn't join another club in England? Half recall that on an interview, not that it means anything.

So you wouldn't blame Levy if we sold him to Utd? Do I understand you correctly?

I may be proven wrong and he might make me look an idiot, but I think selling Berbatov to United was the last straw for Levy. He refused to sell Modric to Chelsea and sold him to Real Madrid a year later (for less money), would only sell Bale to Real Madrid, and wouldn't sell him to Man United who also wanted him at the time.

I honestly don't think Levy will sell our best players to any team in the same league as us anymore. Not saying that Levy won't sell Lloris (he might), but I'm pretty confident if he does, it'll be to a team in a different league.

I may be proven wrong and he might make me look an idiot, but I think selling Berbatov to United was the last straw for Levy. He refused to sell Modric to Chelsea and sold him to Real Madrid a year later (for less money), would only sell Bale to Real Madrid, and wouldn't sell him to Man United who also wanted him at the time.

I honestly don't think Levy will sell our best players to any team in the same league as us. Not saying that Levy won't sell Lloris (he might), but I'm pretty confident if he does, it'll be to a team in a different league.
I agree with you. What I don't agree with is people using 'player power' to get their ready made defence of Enic in early. Levy would look ridiculous if he sold Lloris to MU, and I don't think he likes to look ridiculous.

How's this for a far fetched scenario:

Utd sell De Gea to Madrid for £20m
They agree to pay £20m plus Mata for Lloris (and he wants to go so we concede)
We express an interest in Cech and to fuck over Woolwich the Chavs drop their price to us to free.
We then sign Benteke for £20m plus Townsend.

Still would prefer to keep him but did amuse me in my warped mind

Tell him he has a 4 year contract & stop all this shit. Tell United to go fuck off. If they bid twice as much as they sell De Gea for, then we might listen. Or swap De Gea with a few million. Otherwise, it's a no brainer. United are the most disgusting cunts alongside the chavs & Woolwich. I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss. Rant over
#hugoshouldstay

Back
Top Bottom