Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we could please not hurt Aaron Mooy so that he is fit for Australia's World Cup playoff qualifier next week, that'd be great.
I second this.

I'm a Melbourne City fan so it's going to be fucking bizarre to see Mooy play against Spurs when it was only less than 18 months ago he was dominating the A-League.

Morning folks.

Some of us Terriers fans have waited a very long time to see our team in the top flight so it's great to see that we have got off to a decent start. Nine points from the first six games, albeit against sides that will not be any where near the top come the end of the season, is way beyond anything we could have expected. For me the though premier league starts on Saturday when we meet.

I'm not in any way nervous, in fact, I'm really looking forward to it. Our support has been absolutely fantastic for some time now and some would say it's helped get the team over the line. Whether this works on Saturday when we see the quality that you lot have is probably a stretch too far. If we keep you to three I'll be a happy man.

It's going to very interesting to see how our best centre back in the time I have been watching town handles Kane. Schindler has without doubt been immense this season, he reads the game so much quicker than any striker we've played this season and his heading is top class. If he is at the top of his game on Saturday then Kane is in for a tough game.We have been good at keeping the goals out (3 against in 6) so far and although we do create chances it's the scoring them that lets us down, five goals in 6 games.

Anyway, enjoy the best of Yorkshire when you come up, it really is a beautiful place.

I think you'll be able to trouble us if you "gegenpress" well. We tend to struggle against good pressing sides.

I second this.

I'm a Melbourne City fan so it's going to be fucking bizarre to see Mooy play against Spurs when it was only less than 18 months ago he was dominating the A-League.
Especially with how late his growth has been, at Western Wanderers he was okay but nothing special. It was only when he hit 24/25 he looked like doing anything promising and now he's just turned 27 and he's in the Prem doing very well. If he was four years younger I would be wanted Tottenham to be going for him.

Terriers fans here! This game is definitely our biggest so far. We've done fairly well so far too but to be honest, with the possible exception of West Ham Utd, we haven't played what is recognised as the top elite teams yet. We played Man City at home in the FA Cup last year and even though we made nine changes we did pretty well to get a draw however, they absolutely hammered us at their's in the replay.

Obviously, Spurs have a far better squad and individual players than we do but Herr Wagner has built a strong team ethic and we try to play attractive attacking football. We press when we don't have possession and try to break at pace when we have the ball, which from our point of view makes for exciting matches whether it's win, lose or draw. If the game goes to form then I can see Spurs winning reasonable comfortably but as some of you have mentioned it would be totally folly to underestimate us particularly at home, where our crowd are 100% behind the team and can make a huge difference.

Have a safe journey if you're travelling up. As someone's already pointed out there's plenty of decent pubs in Hudders and unless you go looking for trouble the place is very, very welcoming.

Regards
BB (HTFC)

Terriers fans here! This game is definitely our biggest so far. We've done fairly well so far too but to be honest, with the possible exception of West Ham Utd, we haven't played what is recognised as the top elite teams yet. We played Man City at home in the FA Cup last year and even though we made nine changes we did pretty well to get a draw however, they absolutely hammered us at their's in the replay.

Obviously, Spurs have a far better squad and individual players than we do but Herr Wagner has built a strong team ethic and we try to play attractive attacking football. We press when we don't have possession and try to break at pace when we have the ball, which from our point of view makes for exciting matches whether it's win, lose or draw. If the game goes to form then I can see Spurs winning reasonable comfortably but as some of you have mentioned it would be totally folly to underestimate us particularly at home, where our crowd are 100% behind the team and can make a huge difference.

Have a safe journey if you're travelling up. As someone's already pointed out there's plenty of decent pubs in Hudders and unless you go looking for trouble the place is very, very welcoming.

Regards
BB (HTFC)

Makes a nice change to have 2/3 decent away posters on here although it is often the 'post match' comments that reveal the true colours. Time will tell.

Should be an entertaining game whatever & although i think we will win (don't care about the score) HTFC will give a good account of themselves.

We've done fairly well so far too but to be honest, with the possible exception of West Ham Utd, we haven't played what is recognised as the top elite teams yet.
:pochshock::hugoshock::lamelaaghh:

Will be a tough game for us after playing in Europe, though we're lucky in a sense that a few players did not play on Tuesday due to injury/illness/suspension and should hopefully be fresh for this one. I'm looking forward to my first visit to Huddersfield, both the town and ground.

Regards
BB (HTFC)
To be fair mate any place is better than the shithole we went to last Saturday lunchtime

I think we are starting to find our best form now, and we should be too much for them.
Swansea and Burnley were both able to frustrate us, and they did well with their tactics and played okay, but more of a factor was we hadn't hit peak form or close to it, imo.

:pochshock::hugoshock::lamelaaghh:

Will be a tough game for us after playing in Europe, though we're lucky in a sense that a few players did not play on Tuesday due to injury/illness/suspension and should hopefully be fresh for this one. I'm looking forward to my first visit to Huddersfield, both the town and ground.

Do you know if Erikson will have recovered by the weekend?

This may sound odd but if you do beat us I hope Erikson and Kane do all the damage. Both are in my dream team and there is quite a bit of money riding on the final season results.

----------------------------Lloris------------------------
--Alderweireld----Sanchez----Vertonghen---
Trippier-----------Dier----Sissoko--------Davies
----------------Eriksen----------------Alli--------------
------------------------------Kane-------------------------

Av eur safe journey if thas travellin up. as someone's already pointed art ther's plenty o' decent pubs i' 'udders 'n unless theur nip on lookin for trouble t' place is reeight, reeight welcomin. regards
BB
(HTFC)
Quick joke.
Yorksha bloke takes 'is ca' teur t' vet. yorkshireman: "ayup, lad, ah need ta call ta thee abaht uz ca'." vet: "is it eur our Tom?" yorkshireman: "nay, i've browt it wi' wee."

Do you know if Erikson will have recovered by the weekend?

This may sound odd but if you do beat us I hope Erikson and Kane do all the damage. Both are in my dream team and there is quite a bit of money riding on the final season results.
I hope he will be back. Not sure on the latest, I usually look elsewhere on here to find out that sort of thing, though I imagine we'll have a clearer idea tomorrow. Sounded like he was suffering from a virus, which don't usually keep players out for long, so I would guess he'll play.

It's a fair bet that if we win, those two will be involved.

Regards
BB (HTFC)

I hope Huddersfield stay up. What I like is that Wagner has bought you up, but decided to play the same way and have a crack at each game rather than play negative to get a point, Pulis football.

Also my best mate is a Terrier!

Obviously, Spurs have a far better squad and individual players than we do but Herr Wagner has built a strong team ethic and we try to play attractive attacking football.

Ahh Mr Wagner, the man Jurgen Klopp could be if he wasn't such a bin dipping, window licking, arsehole.

All the best for this weekend, you deserve your shot in the PL and I am a big fan of your manager.

Plus Huddersfield Giants used to be managed by Big Baloo who I loved during his time with St. Helens.

Agreed I spent 12 happy years up there but only visited your ground (don’t know what you call it now) to watch HullFC against the Giants and once stuffing Saints in a cup semi final!
Great memories!

Good luck for the season and hope you stay up

Score line prediction 1-3 with Sissoko getting off the mark!

I used to like you.....but if you are a pie-muncher, then there is no hope for you!!!

[formation="3421, Lloris, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Trippier, Dier, Eriksen, Son, Alli, Kane"][/formation]

BENCH: Vorm, KWP, Foyth, Winks, Sissoko, Nkoudou, Llorente

This is what I would go with, but I reckon Son will be benched, Eriksen at 10 and Sissoko in midfield.

Back
Top Bottom