Hopes for the 2023/24 season? 🤔

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopes for 2023/24?

• Total voters
I want the manager to build a squad that will challenge for the top 4 ie champions LGE..... We're not so far short...just needs a few tweeks and a little more pace on the break asap.

We’ve had a huge stutter. Hopefully that’s all it is.

We were 7th the season before the one we got 4th. The season before that we were closer to Sheffield than top 4. I really hate this narrative that this season came absolutely out of nowhere and was just a blip for us - we've been consistently incompetent post-Poch aside from ONE 3/4 of the season under Conte where he worked miracles. THAT was the exception.

It's just an objectively wrong take, based entirely on one break from being awful which again, all down to an injection of passion from Conte & Kane/Son heroics. It was never a recipe for any kind of stable, long term success.

As for hopes

-Top 6

- Enjoyable to watch

- Actually seeing some sort of progression throughout the season, both in terms of the team becoming more fluid, but also individuals clearly getting more confident and their game changing.

- A genuine go at the FA cup.

Actual expectations: A highly disappointing, 'make do' transfer window, some entertaining games when it clicks but a lot of haphazard performances still, and 8th/9th.

An NFL franchise, the Rolling Stones to do a gig and 400 thread linen in the hotel bedding.

On the footballing side I suppose a hopeful glimpse of a push for top 4

An NFL franchise, the Rolling Stones to do a gig and 400 thread linen in the hotel bedding.

On the footballing side I suppose a hopeful glimpse of a push for top 4
You don't expect Woolwich's hotel to have 400 thread linen

The latitude afforded to our rivals while tearing our club to bits is just nauseating

Realistically, hoping for steady improvement to the performances, much happier vibes in the squad and stadium, and maybe sneaking into the top 5.

Always hope for a cup...

Chelsea, and possibly Liverpool and Newcastle will be better this season so we have to be patient about league position.

I'm going to guess and say 65 points. That gets you close enough that if one or two of the heavyweights stumble (seems like that happens every season) you've got a chance to make a dash for top 4. I think Spurs will do better in the first half of the season than the second because it will be more difficult for opponents to prepare for the new system not having seen it. Second time around that advantage won't be there plus, depending on how the squad depth develops, fatigue might become more of a factor. I also have a feeling Spurs won't draw as many games under Postecoglou, as he doesn't seem the type to settle for a point when 3 are still on the table. The downside is, you might lose a few that way. Of course I reserve the right to downgrade my optimism if Kane leaves at some point.

Back
Top Bottom