Hopes for the 2023/24 season? 🤔

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopes for 2023/24?

• Total voters
Not a hope really because I don't trust his fitness at all, or his physicality in the PL, but I do think there's a good chance Lo Celso is wanted by the next coach and has a decent season in a more attacking set-up rotating as one of the 8's in a midfield three.

Maybe I am being ridiculously optimistic this morning, but I think there’s a chance we have a decent season next year.

We have a bloated squad with some real trash, but I also don’t think this team is as bad as they have looked. We’ve had some very bad injuries in Bissouma and Bentacur. Richarlison, Son, and Kulu have all majorly underperformed and all have the potential to have great seasons again. Porto and Bissouma look to be great additions and should only get better as they get more integrated into a starting position. We knew Hugo was dropping off in quality but I don’t know if anyone expected it would be that bad that quickly. We’ll also have less games. This team needs major overhauling but we can deal with a slightly smaller set of players without European football.

The right hires, purchases, and sales can turn this ship around very quickly. The biggest argument against my slight optimism is Levy’s ability to make those right moves.

This season has been a strange one. Maybe the World Cup break ducked things up, but there’s been a lot of strange tales this season.

We’ve had a huge stutter. Hopefully that’s all it is. Chelsea’s were a hilarious nightmare, Geordies punched well above their weight. Liverpool had a shocker of a start and turned it around. Man Uts finished high despite being a bit shit. Gooners had a good season that ended in massive and hilarious heartbreak. Brighton great. Villa shit then great. West Ham being close to relegation and still in a final. Leicester down.

And take in the rest of Europe too. Fair, PSG and Bayern came out on top but closer than they’d have wanted. Napoli surprised everyone. Quite a few surprise CL qualifiers from the top leagues.

I reckon we’ll see reversion to the mean next season and the teams who have underperformed this one will get their shit together (us included) and doubt very much the overperformers will find it so easy next season.

I hope we play some good football and have a long term plan to develop the team, squad and style of play. Do not want to see us looking for another manager any time soon. Will be happy to get top five and back in the CL and I’m pretty sure we will be. Would absolutely love us to win a cup too. Just to shut cunts up.

Just some entertainment - Typically I try and catch most games on tv and go to a few a year but barely bothered at all this season and regretted it when I did (even when we won - it wasn't enjoyable).

So I guess if it's not more entertaining my other wish for the season is that I give even less of a fuck about it but I'd much rather it went the other way and I end up signing up for a membership again.

This season has been a strange one. Maybe the World Cup break ducked things up, but there’s been a lot of strange tales this season.

We’ve had a huge stutter. Hopefully that’s all it is. Chelsea’s were a hilarious nightmare, Geordies punched well above their weight. Liverpool had a shocker of a start and turned it around. Man Uts finished high despite being a bit shit. Gooners had a good season that ended in massive and hilarious heartbreak. Brighton great. Villa shit then great. West Ham being close to relegation and still in a final. Leicester down.

And take in the rest of Europe too. Fair, PSG and Bayern came out on top but closer than they’d have wanted. Napoli surprised everyone. Quite a few surprise CL qualifiers from the top leagues.

I reckon we’ll see reversion to the mean next season and the teams who have underperformed this one will get their shit together (us included) and doubt very much the overperformers will find it so easy next season.

I hope we play some good football and have a long term plan to develop the team, squad and style of play. Do not want to see us looking for another manager any time soon. Will be happy to get top five and back in the CL and I’m pretty sure we will be. Would absolutely love us to win a cup too. Just to shut cunts up.
Definitely agree with that. Don’t think Newcastle will kick on. Think they’ll find it much harder next season. Same with Brighton. Villa will be similar and then there’s always a surprise team. Woolwich won’t have as good a start and that will bring them back to the pack. Utd will flatter to deceive again. Liverpool will be the main challengers to City.
And hopefully we will get back to a team that’s worth watching. For us being disgusting this season a general improvement defensively and attacking will take us back to challenging for top 4.

Levy trips and falls off the west stand, other than that I have no expectations.
We should have a manager by now, so we can sort the team out but, as usual we are a laughing stock because the board and Daniel levy are not fit for purpose. They are so crap and we as a fan base have had to put up with them for over 20 years

Levy trips and falls off the west stand, other than that I have no expectations.
We should have a manager by now, so we can sort the team out but, as usual we are a laughing stock because the board and Daniel levy are not fit for purpose. They are so crap and we as a fan base have had to put up with them for over 20 years

Yeah, we're actually an incredibly rich club and yet Levy has some convinced that we should be happy with scraps.

How can we stil be without:

A Director of Football
A Manager/ Head Coach
An actual frigging plan!

Getting into the new stadium was the endgame, it wasn't meant to be a launchpad to bigger and greater things just a way to squeeze even more money out of the good name of Tottenham Hotspur FC.

I just want fun again. So many times this season I've been so bored that I've been sat there, in the stadium and ended up daydreaming and not even watching the game.

I'd also like to be still in the running for at least one competition in February. Is that too much? I fear I'm just being greedy.

Hopes for the season...

Just a clearing out of the considerable amount of deadwood in our squad. It won't solve all our problems, but it's a start on the right path.

It's as simple as that.

Does the top 5 next season get champions league?

Be some achievement if we make top 5.

Since Poch left. 6th,7th,4th,8th

Poch 5th,3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Pre Poch 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th, 6th.

Stats would say we are in a worse place then when he came in. Looking at the teams / squads you’d have to say we are lacking real quality against what we had back then. And the leagues got tougher / tighter in the middle chasing pack.

Big job ahead.

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Need to fast forward to the following season, think the upcoming one is going to be difficult.

Back
Top Bottom