Hopes for the 2023/24 season? 🤔

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopes for 2023/24?

• Total voters
This:

2-C328-A7-D-E446-40-EC-83-B6-ACED89377-D82.gif

Fuck all this hopes and expectations shit...my only hope is for enjoyable football, if that's covered then the rest of the bullshit will look after itself...

So much...

1. Kane staying and signing a new contract.
2. Bentancur coming back and performing close to his previous level.
3. Kulusevski and Son to get back to 2021-22 form
4. A quality keeper
5. A top class CB to pair with Romero
6. A manager who improves players, unites the squad, gets our identity and is happy to be here
7. Signs of a long term strategy, including smart, data-driven recruitment
8. Some departures and fresh faces on the Board to bring new energy and ideas
9. Chelsea finding new ways to fail despite spending heavily again in the tf market.
10. Woolwich experiencing a bottlers' hangover and finishing outside the CL places
11. A trophy at last.

It's all well and good saying.....if we improve this and that we could get top 4. There is the small matter of the chavs and scouse to consider, who will also be improving this and that !! That's without considering toon.
See the Chavs still being a shit show tbh.
How will Newcastle cope with so many games?
Woolwich will turn sour after a few bad results as they won't match this year.

I'm going for a top four of:

City
Dippers
Us
Man Utd

Obviously that may change depending on our hires!

1. An encouraging managerial appointment.
2. New contract for Kane.
3. Son, Richarlison and Kulu all playing as well as we know they can. They can't be any worse!
4. Attractive / watchable football.
5. Udogie arrival.
6. A new keeper and two new CB's.
7. No Thursday night football.
8. Bentancur eventually returning.
9. COYS, Daniel.

Maybe I am being ridiculously optimistic this morning, but I think there’s a chance we have a decent season next year.

We have a bloated squad with some real trash, but I also don’t think this team is as bad as they have looked. We’ve had some very bad injuries in Bissouma and Bentacur. Richarlison, Son, and Kulu have all majorly underperformed and all have the potential to have great seasons again. Porto and Bissouma look to be great additions and should only get better as they get more integrated into a starting position. We knew Hugo was dropping off in quality but I don’t know if anyone expected it would be that bad that quickly. We’ll also have less games. This team needs major overhauling but we can deal with a slightly smaller set of players without European football.

The right hires, purchases, and sales can turn this ship around very quickly. The biggest argument against my slight optimism is Levy’s ability to make those right moves.

My hopes for next season ? We win the league by 20 points by playing football that makes peak Barca look like peak Wimbledon, and complete a domestic treble with us beating Woolwich 7-0 in the FA Cup Final.

What do I think will happen? Levy refuses to stump up the necessary cash for the rebuild and we go into the season with a handful of inadequate replacements along with Sanchez and Dier still starting at CB. Big Flange loses his job around Christmas and we appoint the Make a Wish Foundation Kid, Ryan Mason instead. We get tonked by the rest of the big six and finish 11th.

Levy carries on doing an excellent job even if majority fan base can't see it.
Carry on with our targeted role model of Brentford.
Reintroduce one of our own Winks , get that midfield back to our traditional exciting creative DNA .
Build statue's to our most loyal faithful fans , Aircunt , French cock, plastic paddy, spunk spider , Paris piss , Sweaty jock etc .
Get more tourists as they are worth more than legacy fans who moan moan all the time .
Sign a Chinese player so we can organise a charter each game for our loyal oriental support with free chop sticks .
Improve team with out of contract, regulated transfer players and any punts .
Keep the trust on board and let them complain on sausage roll front only.
Put Paris piss on board as fan representative and get Bangkok perv out of retirement as back up.
Shoot those unwashed Enic out cunts down the high road.
Structure new revenue streams for future investment in infrastructure.

Exciting times

Top four is possible. You have to consider not only where Spurs are at but where the other teams in the league are. We're coming off a season where the manager imploded and key players kept going out with injuries one after the other. Yet for a good part of the year Spurs were in the Top 4 or just off the pace. Plus, if he returns, we have Harry Kane and the rest of the league doesn't. Get the back line sorted out and move the squad from a collection of players to a team all moving in the same direction and we could be pleasantly surprised. In a transition year, yes, realistically probably 6-8. But the Premier League never goes as you believe it will. There is hope.

My hopes for next season ? We win the league by 20 points by playing football that makes peak Barca look like peak Wimbledon, and complete a domestic treble with us beating Woolwich 7-0 in the FA Cup Final.

What do I think will happen? Levy refuses to stump up the necessary cash for the rebuild and we go into the season with a handful of inadequate replacements along with Sanchez and Dier still starting at CB. Big Flange loses his job around Christmas and we appoint the Make a Wish Foundation Kid, Ryan Mason instead. We get tonked by the rest of the big six and finish 11th.
No relegation?

You are getting cheerier.

Back
Top Bottom