Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Infuriating result. Highlights our need to sign another striker and probably an older head to sit in the middle and calm things down when needed.

Does it mean we need to sack the manager and sack the board...of course it fucking doesn't.

TITS OUT

I need something to cheer me up
GREAT TITS
_50751850_greattit-fotonatur-de-soenke-morsch.jpg

Need some serious completion / alternative to Eriksen too. He's becoming far too much of a fair weather player. Great when the teams ticking along nicely but is never going to alter the flow of a game when it's not in our favour.

What a disappointing result. Not gonna melt but that's two straight matches where we should have come away with more.

Hope Levy saw why we need another proven striker. When Kane came off we had no attacking impetus and sat back, which allowed Stoke back in the game.

Long season ahead, but got to take what you earned and I think the lads deserved more.. Very frustrating.

We knew we didn't have a striker option should anything happen ...And it did.
If Poch had left Harry on and the injury had got more serious we would have been slagging him off even worse.
The mistakes that lead to Stokes comeback were made prior to this game.
Eff all could have been done about it today
So chill out. ( hard I know sometimes)
Disappointed with the result,yes.
Annoyed, somewhat...But calm down people.

I thought I was on a West ham forum for a minute

So we're going to blame Levy here eh? Man, I'd love to know what it'll take for some people on here to take Poch's cock out of their mouths. Bad tactics and choices cost us this match far more than the failure to replace Soldado and Adebayor (who technically still plays for us lets not forget).

Yes Poch should take some of the blame for the subs but to absolve Levy of blame for not get any strikers for the start of the season is madness, our team shape stopped working when Kane our only recongised striker went off and that is Levys fault end of story.

We lost this game because Kane went of injured and we ruined the balance of the team with our subs.

We had no options to call upon which is a disgrace tbh. We are the 5/6th best team in the country and we have 1 striker...

I think there are a few knee jerk reactions to the striker situation, It's not the only reason for the shitty result.

Yeah it hurt us not having one on the bench and that absolutely needs to be addressed asap , but yet again we got dominated in midfield and showed no intelligence or guile going forward ( at least in the second half).

We need CM's who can put their foot on the ball and control the tempo.dictate teh game in situations like that , instead we have ones that go hiding far too often and we were forced to resort to long punts up the park that simply gave possession back to Stoke.

We are VERY lucky to escape with a point today , teh team is way short of where it needs to be.

Edit : And we should be instructing Lamela's Agent that he's free to find a new club.

Last edited:
If Poch had left Harry on and the injury had got more serious we would have been slagging him off even worse.

He didnt need to leave Harry on.

He basically fucked up the entire presence of our midfield by shifting everyone else around to incorperate a fucking retarded lady boy.

And what did Mason do to be taken off? His best game for us to date.

Infuriating result. Highlights our need to sign another striker and probably an older head to sit in the middle and calm things down when needed.

Does it mean we need to sack the manager and sack the board...of course it fucking doesn't.

No the manager needs backing that is clear.

Mitchell, set your little black box to the "find a bloke with a set of balls and a back bone" setting and set to work. Zero personalities in our team. It fucks me off. In every Sunday team round the country there's always one bloke who stands up and shouts the odds. Why can't we have one? It's a joke. A total joke.

40 million km. Brilliant day.
That's how far Sammy traveled on his victory lap after Stoke got the equalizer. Don't know what it must be like to be a 'fan' of a club but only take enjoyment from our failures. You should just give it up and get yourself that woolwich shirt. You'd fit right in

Back
Top Bottom