Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thoughts of the day:

1. Eriksen & Kane in the first half was :)
2. #LamelaOut
3. Kane gets a calf upset and we have nobody to replace him. Ultimately I think this helped us lose 3 points today so I hope Levy is happy. Quite literally what we've all been saying ALL pre-season.
4. Personally thought Alderweireld was unlucky to give away the penalty, seemed clear he lost control of his body from momentum of a hard / fast run.
5. Mason was awesome, keep telling us how mediocre he is.
6. Dier had a good game too.

I don't know any club like us to be totally honest. Completely in control and we give away the most needless penalty known to man. Last week we are completely in control and we just decide to pass the ball to united with hardly any pressure. Then after we make a mistake we completely crumble and allow pressure...repeat every single season.

Doesn't matter who we sign when we can't see out a fucking game. Why were we attacking at 2-0 and 2-1? See. Out. The. Game. For fuck sake. Pass along the back and kill off any momentum ffs.

As bad as Lamela is, it is pathetic some of you are making him a scapegoat. We conceded two goals, i didnt quite catch what contributed to them, other than the penalty but we have picked up from last season. An own goal at old trafford to lose 1-0, more defensive problems when we played the MLS all stars and now we lose a 2 goal lead

Lamela put the team under pressure in 10 seconds on the pitch, and again, and again, and again with ridiculous fouls, and the constant fucking up of every one of our moves.

DID YOU NOT SEE THE FUCKING MATCH UP TO WHEN HE CAME ON

Lamela literally came on and gives 4 fouls away as well as lose the ball every time he has it...i mean wtf is this?

Dier was good but it was clear as hell he was tiring. Ireland was running rings around him ffs....why the hell didn't he come off?

Stoke tactics = pass to arnatuvic (or whoever else decided to drift to their left) and put the ball into box...ever time the same thing. What do we do? nothing nada. We just let it happen and hope Lloris saves us.

Back
Top Bottom