Home match vs Watford - 06/02 - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think every team is worried about playing us more than anyone, maybe as much as Leicester.

We outrun every team, we barely concede, we have the best all round striker in the league, we have the meanest defence and, and.. AND... We have Dele Alli.

City obviously have amazing, world class players.. But they don't seem to be clicking. Their defence is shaky and if you cut off Aguero then you cut off the goal threat.

I'm not saying we'll walk over them, but I honestly think we have more than enough to be capable of beating them.

I think, I would give Kieran Tripper the man of the match award today, as well scoring the winner, he was absolutely electric down the right wing, in addition to doing all his defensive duties perfectly.

A great team performance, but I think Dembele, Eriksen and Lamela all had particularly good games today, plus Dele Alli was absolute class again, when he came on.

We should go to Man City full of confidence, believing we can beat them again. Furthermore, they cannot defend to save their lives unless Kompany's playing, so hopefully he will still be out injured.

COYS we can do this!!

Last edited:
Thought Kane didn't have the most inspired game, we dominated the match I think much like we did against Everton at home (and you could argue away) - and some other matches that we only drew in - but Alli being confirmed as God - only needing 3 mins to make an impact as he did in 3mins the last match too - gave us the needed final cutting edge ball.

Trippier, as well as Davies looking super - The CB pair 2 shutouts in 2 matches - and an amazing home atmosphere by this renewed belief in our philosophy, and young tantalising team.

Yes I was nervous as hell watching, I think we deserved at least a second goal - and somehow this reminds me of us vs Wolves at home when modric scored and we couldnt get the winner to put us in a top position a few seasons back.

Last Tue I looked forward to MOTD with baited breath as I will tonight. Thanks Spurs, Poch et al.

Alli is the straw that stirs the drink. We were crap last week (in the attack) once he went off. He came in today and was very dynamic. Not sure who I'd rather do without, him or Toby.

I think every team is worried about playing us more than anyone, maybe as much as Leicester.

We outrun every team, we barely concede, we have the best all round striker in the league, we have the meanest defence and, and.. AND... We have Dele Alli.

City obviously have amazing, world class players.. But they don't seem to be clicking. Their defence is shaky and if you cut off Aguero then you cut off the goal threat.

I'm not saying we'll walk over them, but I honestly think we have more than enough to be capable of beating them.
. There is no reason why we cant beat City but it will be very tough. Beat City, game on. The Scum play thier CL mach after LC.

I think, I would give Keiron Tripper the man of the match award today, as well scoring the winner, he was absolutely electric down the right wing, as well as doing all his defensive duties perfectly.

A great team performance, but I think Dembele, Eriksen and Lamela all had particularly good games today, plus Dele Alli was absolute class again, when he came on.

We should go to Man City full of confidence and they cannot defend to save their lives unless Company's playing, so hopefully he will still be out injured.

COYS we can do this!!

City will be hungry. I'm very apprehensive about this one. We'll need to score early and the keep the pressure on throughout.

Leicester plays with heart and hustle. Not the most gifted footballers, but they make up for it by closing down on the ball an forcing things their way. I believe the same is true with the Spurs, but we have a bit more pedigree.

I think I've learned more about our chances of success this season by a 1-0 win in a very tricky match than a routine, early goal 3-0 win would have told me.

Well done lads .

Last edited:
I think, I would give Kieran Tripper the man of the match award today, as well scoring the winner, he was absolutely electric down the right wing, in addition to doing all his defensive duties perfectly.

We should go to Man City full of confidence, believing we can beat them again. Furthermore, they cannot defend to save their lives unless Company's playing, so hopefully he will still be out injured.

COYS we can do this!!

I read somewhere that Kompany is expected to be fit when we play them. Typical.

Leicester plays with heart and hustle. Not the most gifted footballers, but they make up for it by closing down on the ball an forcing things their way. I believe the same is true with the Spurs, but we have a bit more pedigree.

For the moment the 4pts they've taken off of us and their league position makes pedigree irrelevant. They have more Premier League medals among them already too.
Just got to concentrate on ourselves and forget all about them. They're out of our hands but the mob just behind us aren't.

I read somewhere that Kompany is expected to be fit when we play them. Typical.
Fuck it, we want to take this league we're going to have to work for it, I'm just excited at the prospect of playing a game where the opposition will come at us. Been a rarity this season which is a shame because we've dominated every team who has.

Is that what you want Furry?

Looking at that table, it should interesting to see how the battle for the Europa league places hots up. Could be any 3 from about 8+
With Man Utd and Watford fighting it out with the likes of Liverpool and Stoke. We may even see a surprise package this year with Palace and Chelsea within touching distance.

Last edited:
I don't think Citeh will be much better next week to be honest. They have talented players but they don't click right and their manager is off soon to be replaced by the best manager in the world. I don't think they believe they will win the league this year and next year is what they are looking forward to. Regardless, point is, if they come up against a better team they just don't do well, and we are definitely a better team than them. They are at home again too which means unless they score very early their crowd is going to be getting nervous again. Big game for us but we always take the opposition seriously, we work hard and only have winning on our mind, I think we'll be fine. Can't believe I have to wait over a week for the game.

Second best manager in the world surely? :pochsmirk:

For the moment the 4pts they've taken off of us and their league position makes pedigree irrelevant. They have more Premier League medals among them already too.
Just got to concentrate on ourselves and forget all about them. They're out of our hands but the mob just behind us aren't.

It's 5 points.

5 points Goddammit.

Back
Top Bottom