Home match vs Watford - 06/02 - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bloody hell! OK 1-0 should be a close game, but lloris was hardly needed. Fair play to Gomes, as well as trying to get us a penalty in the second half, he did make some good saves.

This is so different, as others have mentioned I just knew we would score and from the sounds of it, so did the crowd. Two seasons ago our mindset would have been so different, we won't score or the goalie has a worldie, the teams belief is now in the stands, bloody hell!!

Love playing the footballing fullbacks at home. Davies and Trippier are much more suited to play against teams that sit deep than Walker and Rose who both lack nous on the ball.

I expect Walker to start against City though. Harsh on Trippier, but Walker's defensive displays have been great this season and he can deal with Sterling.

Well what can you say? 2nd in the league with 13 games to go, who'd have thunk it?

Another team come to WHL with one thing on their mind and once again we break through.. Something we could never do in the past. Superb team effort and great team choice from Poch, especially the two full backs, arguably our best two players today.
A team is special, their togetherness is a joy to watch. I can't remember a team with this spirit in the past.
My only fear is trying to win all 3 competitions, we could end up with none, we really have t use the full squad for games coming up.
This is a resilient team, something we haven't been able to say in the past.. It's so refreshing being 1-0 up and not having to worry about when the opposition will score..

What a season this is turning out to be.. Long may it continue.

Just got home from the game and sat in the Paxton upper. I just can't believe how well we are doing this season , it's incredible. Just imagine we won the league. It would be nuts. But in this season anything is possible.

What a TEAM!, not a single weak link. Whoever plays knows what to do, knows his job, knows his role in the team, wether coming on as a sub or rotating from the start it doesn't effect how we play.

Special mention for Wimmer who along with Toby and Dier absolutley dominated today.

Impossible to pick a MOTM but going for Tripier, this young man is getting better and better with every performance.

Final word goes to the fans, at the start of the 2nd half the micro Pennis's were begging to get anxious only for the brave to make their voices heard and truly lift the team.

Lovely afternoons footy!!

Another great thing is that poch rotated today , if I'm not mistaken there was 4 changes from the Norwich game , apart from up top , we really have a strong squad

8beb42c56a51557507b11c90f4558c2f.gif

I'm feeling so proud to support our great club yet again.

I was at the match today and all I can say is WOW, what a great performance from the lads again and the result is in no way a reflection of how we dominated the match from start to finish. I'm fairly sure Watford didn't have a shot on target today, as I can't remember Hugo having to make one save and Gomes was easily their man of the match.

There was a great atmosphere in the second half and everyone was right behind the lads from kick-off. I think for the first time ever, I truly believe we are in the title race now and really can achieve something this season, be it the league or cup competitions.

Onwards we go and COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

Last edited:
We have to go at Man City, they sometimes look like they couldn't give a fuck, like today. One week they are brilliant, the next they are garbage. I just hope we find the latter.
As for the NLD, biggest league one for many years. Both these games are massive but with this team anything is possible.

Yeah we won blah blah. Three points and all that. Up to second etc etc. We are where we are based on the way we play and the results we've obtained against the teams put in front of us, warts and all. Let the other teams fare as they will, all that matters is our focusing on winning the next game, the rest of the cards will fall where they may. And that's what I like about Pochettino's level-headed philosophy.

We have to go at Man City, they sometimes look like they couldn't give a fuck, like today. One week they are brilliant, the next they are garbage. I just hope we find the latter.
As for the NLD, biggest league one for many years. Both these games are massive but with this team anything is possible.

They certainly were garbage this week. It doesn't bode well. They will be better next week.

Just as it was highly unlikely that Leicester would lose both today and next weekend, given their long term improvement, it is unlikely, statistically, that Sheikhty would lose two consecutive games at their ghastly home.

P:52 W:40 D:6 L:6. F:141. A:48 (2013-14 - present)

I don't think Citeh will be much better next week to be honest. They have talented players but they don't click right and their manager is off soon to be replaced by the best manager in the world. I don't think they believe they will win the league this year and next year is what they are looking forward to. Regardless, point is, if they come up against a better team they just don't do well, and we are definitely a better team than them. They are at home again too which means unless they score very early their crowd is going to be getting nervous again. Big game for us but we always take the opposition seriously, we work hard and only have winning on our mind, I think we'll be fine. Can't believe I have to wait over a week for the game.

Loved it today, completely dominated from start to finish and the scoreline did not reflect that. I really couldn't pick out a Man of the Match - they all played their part in a crucial game where the capture of the three points was massively important.
Kudos to Gomez as well, he applauded every side of the ground at the end of the game.
Thought the ref was pretty poor, made quite a few bad decisions, which luckily didn't impact on the result.
Pinch me someone - we're 2nd!

Last edited:
Thought Kane didn't have the most inspired game, we dominated the match I think much like we did against Everton at home (and you could argue away) - and some other matches that we only drew in - but Alli being confirmed as God - only needing 3 mins to make an impact as he did in 3mins the last match too - gave us the needed final cutting edge ball.

Trippier, as well as Davies looking super - The CB pair 2 shutouts in 2 matches - and an amazing home atmosphere by this renewed belief in our philosophy, and young tantalising team.

Yes I was nervous as hell watching, I think we deserved at least a second goal - and somehow this reminds me of us vs Wolves at home when modric scored and we couldnt get the winner to put us in a top position a few seasons back.

Last Tue I looked forward to MOTD with baited breath as I will tonight. Thanks Spurs, Poch et al.

Back
Top Bottom