Home match vs Watford - 06/02 - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

6eb25e48da1727d86c6f81bf2f5be0d5.jpg

So you don't agree with me then?

Just so we're clear I don't think Tommy is a 1st team choice but he's way ahead of Bentelab on this season's form as evidenced by Poch's faith in him or don't you agree with him either?

:pochfacepalm:

So you don't agree with me then?

Just so we're clear I don't think Tommy is a 1st team choice but he's way ahead of Bentelab on this season's form as evidenced by Poch's faith in him or don't you agree with him either?

:pochfacepalm:
I know, I'm just messin'. They're different players who have different roles. To be honest I don't really get what Bentaleb does, last season I though Mason was the stronger of the two but I mostly kept quiet because everyone was saying about how much potential he has - they might be right, I hope they're right.

Hope we smash them, had no reason to dislike them before but they were a bunch of twats in the last game. Deeney and Ighalo are dangerous but are a right pair of cheating pricks. Think we should take this without too much difficulty though, they're good at home in large part because their pitch is small and the surface is terrible so they can lauch balls at their strikers which is very effective. Our win away was huge looking back but I'm feeling a lot more comfortable about this game which if we win we can really go out and have a good go at City knowing a win will quite possibly put us top depending on the Leicester - Scum game this weekend.

The table after the Man City game will look like this......
1,Tottenham 51pts
2, Man City 50pts
3, Leicester 50pts
4, Woolwich 49pts
Stick a £10 on that and no need to thank me when you win! :bow::coys:
P.S. Whats to say about Watford? The less the better! Another 3pts in the bag and a large increase in our goal tally!
Hasn't crossed my mind that we could actually go top

Hope we smash them, had no reason to dislike them before but they were a bunch of twats in the last game. Deeney and Ighalo are dangerous but are a right pair of cheating pricks. Think we should take this without too much difficulty though, they're good at home in large part because their pitch is small and the surface is terrible so they can lauch balls at their strikers which is very effective. Our win away was huge looking back but I'm feeling a lot more comfortable about this game which if we win we can really go out and have a good go at City knowing a win will quite possibly put us top depending on the Leicester - Scum game this weekend.

I'm not willing to stick my neck on the line regarding Ighalo, but as I've previously said I live and work in Bushey. Got the odd Watford ticket here and there through the company, Deeney is so underrated.

Even when Watford are dead on their feet he chases all lost causes, Ighalo has only been highlighted because Deeney does his hard/dirty work so relentlessly.

Also if you saw his post match interview last night he said he would never condone simulation, in Sunday league he'd have been laughed off the pitch. He even went as far as saying he will be having a word with Paredes for doing so, live on Sky!

Proper English striker and I like that.

Still think we'll smash them on a surface that suits proper football though.

I'm not willing to stick my neck on the line regarding Ighalo, but as I've previously said I live and work in Bushey. Got the odd Watford ticket here and there through the company, Deeney is so underrated.

Even when Watford are dead on their feet he chases all lost causes, Ighalo has only been highlighted because Deeney does his hard/dirty work so relentlessly.

Still think we'll smash them on a surface that suits proper football though.
Oh no doubt I'd love them if they played for us, they both work hard and get stuck in but because they play against us I find them to be unsufferable twats. However I'd probably find the same if some of our more fiesty players were on the opposite team. Saying that though it was the two ocassions they were having a proper go at the linesman when they knew they were wrong that pissed me off the most and I think I'd of found that hard to stomach if our players did.

Oh no doubt I'd love them if they played for us, they both work hard and get stuck in but because they play against us I find them to be unsufferable twats. However I'd probably find the same if some of our more fiesty players were on the opposite team. Saying that though it was the two ocassions they were having a proper go at the linesman when they knew they were wrong that pissed me off the most and I think I'd of found that hard to stomach if our players did.

My point being, having seen them in the championship too:

Ighalo: Great but acts up, moans at all decisions and cheats.

Deeney: Proper footballer and may complain but in the way a true captain would.

Very different.

My point being, having seen them in the championship too:

Ighalo: Great but acts up, moans at all decisions and cheats.

Deeney: Proper footballer and may complain but in the way a true captain would.

Very different.
Fair enough, my opinion may well be changed in the next game, didn't like what I saw last game is all.

It has been 5 years now and it has been the same pattern after ropey games.Players have suggested they are tired because of this. Even Pochettino himself called the Europa league a league killer. Harry redknapp and many other managers also resonated this belief. And remember this is a manager who implements the most rigorous training in the league. I know I will get shot down for this but i would be HAPPY if we got eliminated by Fiorentina. At least we will have a fighting chance for top 4 instead of having our resources and energy spreading out,only for us to finish the season empty handed.
The top sides get on with it. We are force fed squad rotation football so its about time it works. I feel Poch is getting things right this season. If anything its changed, we struggled in the EL group stages so maybe Poch has changed priorities?

What would we do next year if in CL. Because if we cannot cope playing in Europe and doing well in the league then there is no point qualifying for CL.
good point although we must always look to qualify for the CL. I can remeber the early days of CL and teams like Utd struggled in the group stages only a few year before they won it.

post: 946782, member: 7655"]The table after the Man City game will look like this......
1,Tottenham 51pts
2, Man City 50pts
3, Leicester 50pts
4, Woolwich 49pts
Stick a £10 on that and no need to thank me when you win! :bow::coys:
P.S. Whats to say about Watford? The less the better! Another 3pts in the bag and a large increase in our goal tally![/QUOTE].

Love the posative post but are we playing with fate?
Lets wait to after the game to see where we are. I would love to see us sitting top but I honestly feel LC will win against MC. We dont want the Svum to win the PL so need LC to keep winning. They are the beter option.

Need to be on our game. No silly errors. Same team as againt NC but would like to see Lamela get a start. We might see Davis but not sure. Big game this and really a must win because of the other games.

Love the posative post but are we playing with fate?
Lets wait to after the game to see where we are. I would love to see us sitting top but I honestly feel LC will win against MC. We dont want the Svum to win the PL so need LC to keep winning. They are the beter option.

We don't want Leicester to keep winning - why are they the better option FFS? WE are the better option. Stop fretting about the scum.

I always want the squad to do well in every competition and put 100% into every game, but if we were to go out of any competition I'd rather it be the Europa League. It's a brilliant trophy to win and of course you can get a CL spot from it. But I'd love to finish above Woolwich and possibly win the FA Cup, that's really be a superb season.

But of course, id love us to go all the way in all 3 competitions we're in.

Very odd thought, but might Wimmer actually be a better option vs Deeney than Jan?

I think it's a possibility, I can well imagine Dier playing as a 3rd centre back to negate their threat like last time.

My gut tells me we'll get a narrow win but I have no doubt we'll have to get around Watford's Yellow bus that they're going to park.

I'd consider having Alli as a sub, just in case he's still recovering from the flu. That way means he's also rested for tearing City a new one.

One game at a fucking time, lads. Let's deal with these scrappy, petulant hoofballers before we even think about the trip to the Etihad.

It's a classic banana skin game, at home to opposition that we're expected to beat. Patience will be key.

Back
Top Bottom