Home match vs Watford - 06/02 - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really? The only team as consistent as us in the whole league is Leicester. We're the only team not to have lost at least one game by a wide margin and we've not played badly all the season in he league. Best defence. Scoring goals. Options on the bench. Nothing is certain but expecting 4 out of 6 against city and Watford is where we are in my opinion. Not like I said 6 out of 6 - that would be cocky.
I totally agree however , its how we continue from here. City/Scum/Urd/Chaves and LC will all be consistent from here on. If we pick up points against the teams below and beat the teams around and above us, then who knows. Soon we will have the nonsense of playing Sunday, knowing our fate if we win or lose, this creates pressure in its self. lets play Watfrod and see where we are at 5pm on Saturday.

I totally agree however , its how we continue from here. City/Scum/Urd/Chaves and LC will all be consistent from here on. If we pick up points against the teams below and beat the teams around and above us, then who knows. Soon we will have the nonsense of playing Sunday, knowing our fate if we win or lose, this creates pressure in its self. lets play Watford and see where we are at 5 pm on Saturday.

February should not be too bad. It is in march when the tricky fixtures come in.in. Ie; wedging Europa games between epl games. What has pissed me off over the years is that we have done NOTHING to address this issue
Would it really hurt to play a few key games after ropey league on a Monday.? Juventus have done this and it served them very well when they were in the Europa.

Secondly rotation. We can go on about team unity , training and confidence until we are blue in the face but we can't deny our back-line and attack is looking a bit thin. I am wondering if we could use 'blood spinning' to get vertonghen back up to speed quickly.We also need to rotate more and more completely ( at least 8-9 players). AVB too had heavy training routines. we all remember that article from the daily mail in 2012 'tired stars blast AVB' but it didn't do enough to stop our Europa hangover. It is even harder when it goes into extra time ie:120 minutes. Once again. We need to lobby harder. At worst a 4 pm kick off on Sunday is better than midday.

It has been 5 years now and it has been the same pattern after ropey games.Players have suggested they are tired because of this. Even Pochettino himself called the Europa league a league killer. Harry redknapp and many other managers also resonated this belief. And remember this is a manager who implements the most rigorous training in the league. I know I will get shot down for this but i would be HAPPY if we got eliminated by Fiorentina. At least we will have a fighting chance for top 4 instead of having our resources and energy spreading out,only for us to finish the season empty handed.

February should not be too bad. It is in march when the tricky fixtures come in.in. Ie; wedging Europa games between epl games. What has pissed me off over the years is that we have done NOTHING to address this issue
Would it really hurt to play a few key games after ropey league on a Monday.? Juventus have done this and it served them very well when they were in the Europa.

Secondly rotation. We can go on about team unity , training and confidence until we are blue in the face but we can't deny our back-line and attack is looking a bit thin. I am wondering if we could use 'blood spinning' to get vertonghen back up to speed quickly.We also need to rotate more and more completely ( at least 8-9 players). AVB too had heavy training routines. we all remember that article from the daily mail in 2012 'tired stars blast AVB' but it didn't do enough to stop our Europa hangover. It is even harder when it goes into extra time ie:120 minutes. Once again. We need to lobby harder. At worst a 4 pm kick off on Sunday is better than midday.
I guess this belongs in the transfer thread but I think the club have made a mistake in not adding any real reinforcements this past window. The midfield looks deep enough but the back and front lines are looking a bit thin. In Poch we trust I guess? :pochsmirk:

As for the next two matches 6 points would be great but 4 should be more than doable. Looking forward to Europa starting again as well.

This season we have done well after EL so maybe this will continue. Although I feel LC have it easy with no distractions so have the advantage, so did Liverpool when they came second. Its all to play for. My comments were in reply to supporters getting ahead of them selves and believing we can win the PL. Its possible but lets take each game as it comes.

This season we have done well after EL so maybe this will continue. Although I feel LC have it easy with no distractions so have the advantage, so did Liverpool when they came second. Its all to play for. My comments were in reply to supporters getting ahead of them selves and believing we can win the PL. Its possible but lets take each game as it comes.
we've done better after EL, but still not very well.
that Chavs 0-0 really was anaemic. We didn't win at Swansea who were cack at the time, and worst we lost 1-2 Barcodes.
In fact, Ive changed my mind, we've been crap.

I feel our impeccable fitness is simply helping us out with regards to dealing with the Europe league / premier league weeks.

Rotation should only be used when using specific players to target weaknesses in opposition. As well as resting those when the manager perhaps feels we can win without them due to said rotations.

On the subject of rotation....
RJvYwpG.png

another early spurs goal would set this up perfectly

In an ideal world, who wouldn't want to see this. However i just think we will struggle to break them down for the first half. Norwich play a more attacking style of football which played right into our hands. Once we break them it'll be game over!

Watford have only conceded 7 league goals in the first half of games this season which is a record this season - so early goal would be nice but also likely not to happen.

It has been 5 years now and it has been the same pattern after ropey games.Players have suggested they are tired because of this. Even Pochettino himself called the Europa league a league killer. Harry redknapp and many other managers also resonated this belief. And remember this is a manager who implements the most rigorous training in the league. I know I will get shot down for this but i would be HAPPY if we got eliminated by Fiorentina. At least we will have a fighting chance for top 4 instead of having our resources and energy spreading out,only for us to finish the season empty handed.
What would we do next year if in CL. Because if we cannot cope playing in Europe and doing well in the league then there is no point qualifying for CL.

Watford have only conceded 7 league goals in the first half of games this season which is a record this season - so early goal would be nice but also likely not to happen.

...and yet if it were the other way around (ie; had only scored 7 goals in the first half, it would be nailed on to happen on Saturday... (I refer my learn'ed friends to Exhibit a) Newcastle Utd. and b) Crystal Palace!

...there's Spursy hiding round every corner, and when you least expect it!!!

The table after the Man City game will look like this......
1,Tottenham 51pts
2, Man City 50pts
3, Leicester 50pts
4, Woolwich 49pts
Stick a £10 on that and no need to thank me when you win! :bow::coys:
P.S. Whats to say about Watford? The less the better! Another 3pts in the bag and a large increase in our goal tally!

Back
Top Bottom