Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

yeah, sorry i think I accidentally started it

tenor.gif

When he gets played in behind and gets into a foot race I’m at the same levels of excited as when we used to watch Bale roasting someone down the wing.

He has improved so much in two years from a good player who would get caught out by his own touch to a player who literally nobody wants to play against.

Goals and assists over the last two seasons from some of the best wide players in Europe in comparison to Son:

Son Heung Min
Games started: 64 games
Goals: 34
Assists: 19
Goal involvement: 53 goals

-------------------------------------------------

Raheem Sterling:
Games started: 68 games
Goals: 37
Assists: 25
Goal involvement: 62 goals

Leroy Sane
Games started: 64 games
Goals: 26
Assists: 32
Goal involvement: 58 goals

Eden Hazard
Games started: 67 games
Goals: 32
Assists: 22
Goal involvement: 54 goals

Sadio Mane
Games started: 72 games
Goals: 33
Assists: 9
Goal involvement: 42 goals

Gareth Bale
Games started: 49 games
Goals: 24
Assists: 11
Goal involvement: 35 goals

Nice stats, what a mighty good man Sonny is!

So it has finally ended? in future the mods should set up a general discussion board, so that ppl can take their debate over whether the evil Japs raped Son's grandma, vile Nazis and their descendants, Jewish conspiracy etc there.

No mods here, guv.

There is a gen. discussion section too.

After his first season with us, I thought he was going to be a bit of a luxury player, obviously skilful but quite inconsistent. He has developed into a key component of our team. I also love that he is not a big head and is such a popular guy. Hope he stays with us for years to come.
Looking like one of the best in the world in the word atm. In terms of ability I would put him their with Kane.

I've seen a lot of talks of other top 6 clubs fans wanting Son in their squad recently. It's been insufferable for the last couple of months especially. I knew many football fans liked him for his personality and attitude before, and often he was mentioned as the most likable player in the league along with Kante (who I don't even really like) but the amount of attention has been increasing by the day and often their argument is that Son should move to a bigger club which is utter bollocks.

Basically many are lusting after Son at the moment but I am proud to say he's all ours. I trust Levy in this. Even if some big club came knocking on the door this summer, his asking price would scare off most of them, at least.
:levystare::levystare::levystare:

I've seen a lot of talks of other top 6 clubs fans wanting Son in their squad recently. It's been insufferable for the last couple of months especially. I knew many football fans liked him for his personality and attitude before, and often he was mentioned as the most likable player in the league along with Kante (who I don't even really like) but the amount of attention has been increasing by the day and often their argument is that Son should move to a bigger club which is utter bollocks.

Basically many are lusting after Son at the moment but I am proud to say he's all ours. I trust Levy in this. Even if some big club came knocking on the door this summer, his asking price would scare off most of them, at least.
:levystare::levystare::levystare:

Look at how many players have gone from being underrated or wouldn't get into the other top 6s team only to get their opportunity to grow at the club & under Poch to the point where other teams start respecting them as genuinely quality footballers.

That's our gap in the market, our niche. Other big clubs want and expect the finished article without giving them the time required to develop, we do. It's why the likes of Kane, Dele, Sonny, Winks & in the future Foyth & Sanchez will become superstars.

Take that debacle at Chelsea last night, spoilt fans demanding success instantly instead of letting it grow. Sarri is trying to grow a new vision at the club, made nearly impossible by spoilt supporters who obsess about winning and winning now. Our opportunity has always been patience and the long term, that's why it pisses me off to see fans moan and complain etc. Even Emery is getting it in the neck, he's been there for 6 months. Some groups of supporters don't realise it but they are the biggest problem area as to why their club doesn't grow. A lack of support, a lack of understanding it takes time or a willingness to put up with the growing pains.

Son would never have made it at any of the other top 6 teams, I'm certain that's the case. The next one will be Winks who this season has performed better than a fair few of the big name midfield signings other Prem clubs made in the summer. Giving players time to grow is so important, it's amazing how little it's seen at so called leading teams in the Country

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom