Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He holds and dances with the ball too much. He reminds me of 9 year olds in my son’s academy that hold the ball way too long and are allergic to passing.

I always tell my son, you need to shoot or pass the ball by your third touch unless you’re dribbling in space. No one is trying to watch you dance on the football pitch.

You would be better off telling your son to hog the ball. Academies are odd places and have a different ethos to grass roots football. The coaches in my experience don’t encourage team play but seem to be more interested in the development of the individual. My boy was like your son and would try to pass if that was the right thing to do. It drove us nuts that several boys in his academy would pass only as a last resort and the coaches would say nothing.
Trust me, in our experience it is mainly the greedy little bastards that ultimately get somewhere

He’s been really off form for some time, losing the ball on almost every occasion and in general been diabolical but I think he’s scored in quite a few games in a row now.

Scoring every game when he’s in one of his shit streaks could only mean that when he hits his purple patch he’s going to knock in 2 or 3 every game!
Well said, at least he works his bollocks off, his work rate is tireless!

He's not been on top of his game at all, apart from that goal against Burnley. I do wonder if the sendings off have had a bearing on his form.
I get a little frustrated with his decision making though, seems to me that he shoots when he should pass, and vice versa, or holds onto the ball for too long, when he should let it go. Lucas can also be guilty of that.
Mind you, Sonny is still scoring the goals, so shouldn't complain too loudly.

At times, it has been just too painful to watch... I mean for example in that Man C game, he lost the ball on almost every occasion in just about every way possible. Dribbling it out of play, poor touches, passing to the opposition... I've seen him go through some very cold spells but I think this one is the coldest I've seen yet.

I accept this aspect of Son's game, and every time he goes through one of these I always believe he'll come good again soon but he really should talk to someone professional about this problem.

Surely it is a psychological issue not a physical one.

At times, it has been just too painful to watch... I mean for example in that Man C game, he lost the ball on almost every occasion in just about every way possible. Dribbling it out of play, poor touches, passing to the opposition... I've seen him go through some very cold spells but I think this one is the coldest I've seen yet.

I accept this aspect of Son's game, and every time he goes through one of these I always believe he'll come good again soon but he really should talk to someone professional about this problem.

:mourfacepalm:

We're lucky to have him, very lucky. 'Fans' like you make me want to vomit.

Please don't ever post on this forum again you assified cow.

No one knows. One doubts it. But several agree Son plays bad anyway but keeps scoring to keep Mourinho afloat? Do I gather about right? No? Lol
Son and Lucas both. They've been rubbish for many games now. But getting the goals in the end, so its working out okay. Should be a lot better though. Hopefully they get back to their best soon.

Son and Lucas both. They've been rubbish for many games now. But getting the goals in the end, so its working out okay. Should be a lot better though. Hopefully they get back to their best soon.
Son and Lucas both had one penalty goal made ever here?
I just asked one question. I am not sure why a few bitches here decided to start babling like there were in periods

Son and Lucas both had one penalty goal made ever here?
I just asked one question. I am not sure why a few bitches here decided to start babling like there were in periods
No I was talking about the part where you said Son's goals are keeping Mourinho afloat. Other players like Lucas, Alli etc are playing their part too in scoring important goals even though Son and Lucas have been terrible recently apart from the goals here and there.

No I was talking about the part where you said Son's goals are keeping Mourinho afloat. Other players like Lucas, Alli etc are playing their part too in scoring important goals even though Son and Lucas have been terrible recently apart from the goals here and there.
Dunno about Lucas but Son will come good.

He’s done so every time during his time with us, the purple patch is just around the corner and we’ll be shooting our loads all over him.

You would be better off telling your son to hog the ball. Academies are odd places and have a different ethos to grass roots football. The coaches in my experience don’t encourage team play but seem to be more interested in the development of the individual. My boy was like your son and would try to pass if that was the right thing to do. It drove us nuts that several boys in his academy would pass only as a last resort and the coaches would say nothing.
Trust me, in our experience it is mainly the greedy little bastards that ultimately get somewhere

It is unfortunate that “do the right thing” is not valued. My son is in the academy because he loves football, not because he wants to get somewhere with it, and he takes a lot of pride in his assists and good passing.

I have been telling him recently to take guys on more, and he has been. Been nut megging the greedy bastards a lot!

It is unfortunate that “do the right thing” is not valued. My son is in the academy because he loves football, not because he wants to get somewhere with it, and he takes a lot of pride in his assists and good passing.

I have been telling him recently to take guys on more, and he has been. Been nut megging the greedy bastards a lot!

Best of luck mate and I hope he continues to do well. Being nice doesn’t seem to get you anywhere. We had 4 years of utter frustration where he would make fantastic runs off the ball and not be passed to. His little shoulders used to drop and I felt like belting the parents of the greedy ones!!! He stopped enjoying it which was a shame because he was a very good player so we pulled him out. A few weeks later the academy released most of them anyway. He is now much happier which is the important thing.

Back
Top Bottom