Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As a striker, Son is limited. He likes the ball in front of him to take a touch and line up a shot.

Of all his goals he scored last season; only 2 were as a result of getting on the end of a cross - and for both of those he was unmarked and in space. He's not going to score headers. Not going to fight off a CB to get onto a cross, not going to score with his back to goal.

If a team sits back, Son relies on being able to shoot from distance; through a crowd of players. This sometimes has the advantage of the keeper being unsighted - but for sure we could cross the ball all day long into a crowded box and not score a single goal.

What makes Kane so special is that he scores in every fashion.

As a striker, Son is limited. He likes the ball in front of him to take a touch and line up a shot.

Of all his goals he scored last season; only 2 were as a result of getting on the end of a cross - and for both of those he was unmarked and in space. He's not going to score headers. Not going to fight off a CB to get onto a cross, not going to score with his back to goal.

If a team sits back, Son relies on being able to shoot from distance; through a crowd of players. This sometimes has the advantage of the keeper being unsighted - but for sure we could cross the ball all day long into a crowded box and not score a single goal.

What makes Kane so special is that he scores in every fashion.

Which is why and for so long we have needed an additional striker.

Not fcuking rocket science.

Players have all sorts of problems. Injury is probably the biggest of all. I never thought Son would have one with Red cards.

And now Mourinho using him more as a wingback is really becoming a serious hindrance for the prolific offensive production we know and we could get from him.

I have no idea what Mou tells Son that this is temporary 9r what but really hope it works out. Sonny is a team player so I think he will play along for a while and try his best to get it to work for the team but I am not sure. Just like the red cards- surprise motherfuckers lol. It is football. Full of surprises and shit happens every week every season.

Last edited:
Son is having one of his dry spells. We all know that his form swings up and down, now is the down part...

Last goal he scored (or assist he gave) was against Burnley. Now 1 month and 1 week ago.
Ofc his 3 game ban had it's effect, but even without it, he has gone 6 games without a goal nor assist.

Yesterday he seemed to over-complicate situations. Just take the ball, run and hit. Boro gave plenty of room for that.

I am not slagging him off or anything, just pointing out that his form is "stone cold" right now.
Hope this will already turn 180 degrees around in the weekend when we play Watford. We need his contribution with Kane being out SO BADLY!

Everyone didn’t put a simple shot for 1-1 six meters over the bar.
It’s shit like this that makes or breaks seasons, and it happens every season.
He’s not the only culprit, but I’m sick of everyone stroking off the front line when they probably cost us more games than the defence and midfield combined.

We scramble the ball out and people moan about the manner in which we DIDNT concede ffs

But Son and Kane are free agents to go around wasting chances at the other end.
People getting all offended because cute little Son is getting bashed are missing the point.
He’s the kind of guy who probably didn’t sleep all night thinking about his shot, feeling bad, and here you are patting him on the back for it.
I agree with most of what you say but the highlighted part seems very reactionary and recency-biased. It's only in the last month or so that the team have managed to stop conceding two per game as standard. Spurs' 2019 was defined by a wretched defence as much as anything else. And at times, particularly earlier in the year, the defence helped fuel the creation of the whole "better without Kane" meme: when Kane came back from his first injury and scored in back to back games, including a really nice goal against Burnley (IIRC), it didn't matter because the team shipped enough goals to lose both matches. Similar antics made the games with Kane look worse than games without, even though individually he was still doing his job and scoring. Anyway, I'm using Kane and the memes that spawned around him to exemplify the point that up until very recently, it was the defence and midfield letting the attack down, if anything.

Son is having one of his dry spells. We all know that his form swings up and down, now is the down part...

Last goal he scored (or assist he gave) was against Burnley. Now 1 month and 1 week ago.
Ofc his 3 game ban had it's effect, but even without it, he has gone 6 games without a goal nor assist.

Yesterday he seemed to over-complicate situations. Just take the ball, run and hit. Boro gave plenty of room for that.

I am not slagging him off or anything, just pointing out that his form is "stone cold" right now.
Hope this will already turn 180 degrees around in the weekend when we play Watford. We need his contribution with Kane being out SO BADLY!

That's racist.

You must get slapped about s-o-o-o badly at school..... I bet even the teachers can't resist getting stuck in on a little runt like you.
I just spat out my drink. And I have absolutely nothing against the guy you're railing at.

(And I still have no clue why this is so funny)

Cometh the hour, cometh the man....?

:avbpray:

Again.. all round I think he is playing very good football. Just needs to put some of his chances away now.. and he will be back to being on form.

He's been nothing special at all since his ban...

Not saying he's the only one, but we need more if the high-plaudits(*) he receives when he's on song are to mean anything.

(* i.e. "World class", "one of the best in the league" etc.)

Cometh the hour, cometh the man....?

:avbpray:

He's been nothing special at all since his ban...

Not saying he's the only one, but we need more if the high-plaudits(*) he receives when he's on song are to mean anything.

(* i.e. "World class", "one of the best in the league" etc.)

No, Son is not world class. There was a period last year where he was playing like a world class winger but he's not consistent enough to be put in that bucket. But no one on this squad has been world class this year so...

Important 3 points especially if Man U drop points like Chelsea did yesterday. Hope this W will give our players, especially Son, some confidence

His form is woeful right now. Can't seem to shoot on fucking target; then seems shot shy; touch and control all over the place at times. Just hope the goal might wake him the fuck up...

Back
Top Bottom