Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reminder that the red card against Andre Gomes was a complete joke and rescinded later, and prior to this year he has had only 1 red card in his entire career in 2014. This is not a regular occurrence for Son. Bad red cards, and no doubt he will be working on controlling his temper as he should be, but a player with persistent disciplinary problems he is not.
Three red cards in the space of 20 odd PL games says otherwise....or at the very least, something has gone to his head this past year.

Red cards to those here for overreaction. Son was reacting to hard contact, he shouldn't have done it, it was heat of the moment. He was on his back and his legs were already up in the air, if he shoved off Rudiger with his hands instead, he may not have gotten a yellow. Those making psycho head comments need a good kick in the balls.

No, he never received a ban.

I mean, here is proof for you.

10634047.jpg
No he didn’t - was rescinded

Look at the various posts above - there is a clear overreaction. He clearly put his leg up, that’s about it. It was very little contact and in no way deserves a red card. Poor decision from a referee rather than Son being really in the wrong.

It's got nothing to do with the amount of contact.

Does anyone have a link to the footage that was reviewed by VAR for his sending off? Only seen a picture that makes it look like a cantona style red, regardless how much do we pay these guys? Surely they should learn by now with VAR you don’t risk a red ?

I think he might have gotten away with a yellow today, Rudiger’s reaction was pathetic, the contact was minimal but why did Son do that in the first place.
Idiotic.

Red cards he received was all ridiculous situations and we see everygame players go away uncarded in that ocasions. Today he had barely a contact, lots of worse happen in the match and go unpunished, like the Mount tackle in first half, that I though was harsh but could undestand var didn't interfere cause It wasn't a rede card incident. It seems tô me referees are a little biased against Son, despite It was stupid from him. Never a red card.

Red cards he received was all ridiculous situations and we see everygame players go away uncarded in that ocasions. Today he had barely a contact, lots of worse happen in the match and go unpunished, like the Mount tackle in first half, that I though was harsh but could undestand var didn't interfere cause It wasn't a rede card incident. It seems tô me referees are a little biased against Son, despite It was stupid from him. Never a red card.
Or his fouls when things don't go his way are just a bit more silly and obvious.

Truth is, he would have gotten away with it if he'd pushed his legs into Rudiger's torso in a fluid motion (with plausible deniability that he was trying to get up).

Instead, he'd already stopped moving and then very obviously extended his legs in a manner that absolutely nobody would do if naturally trying to stand up from that position.

Fucking hell, if one of our players had to get a red and a three match ban for fouling one of the Chelsea players, I'd be hoping it would at least be a proper bone-cruncher.
:kanehand:

Back
Top Bottom